G3 Introduces the Lore From Learning Mod (v6 released)

I have a suggestion: very high WIS should provide a bonus to lore gains (enabling you to gain more than 1 point at a time, whenever that is possible, i.e. enabling you to gain lore at the current default rate), and very low INT should disable most lore gains, especially those from books.

edit: and CHA should affect the Party Members Provide Lore Bonuses component, particularly with very low CHA making it impossible to gain lore this way. 

Edited by bob_veng
1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

Ah, that's my fault. oBG lacks a Player1 dream script, which is where the mod does all of its work.

Sadly oBG engine lacks many essential things needed for good modding,  like for example in "unkillable Shar'Teel" in CDTweaks, although component itself is available in this ancient engine it does nothing as apparently minHP item doesn't exist in it. Anyway, can I hope for quick fix and upload of new version or I'm better off saving pleasure of playing this mod for some other time, on more advanced platform? 

Version 5 is available; see the OP in this thread:

• Added the Exploring Areas Provides Lore Bonuses component
  • Thanks to Cahir (Polish) and paladin84 (Russian) for the translation updates for the new component
  • Fixed a bug where the custom values set by players in customize.tpa could be ignored by the mod

Sorry, but this new version gives me an error installing either the Book, Weapon, Party Members or Creatures components that I wasn't getting before with the previous version with the same install order:

ERROR: cannot convert cd_wrapup_area or %cd_wrapup_area% to an integer
ERROR: [player1d.bcs] -> [override/player1d.bcs] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

No idea about the first line, but otherwise the file is in the override folder.

Amusingly, the new Area component installs without problems.

Edited by Connelly