Question regarding EET stability after installing new mod

Hi,

I recently reinstalled my EET installation because of an issue i met after playing all the way to BG2 where the unseeing eye cult quest giver would not spawn in the temple district. I decided to start from scratch and re-installed all my mods but i forgot to install one mod after running EET end and SCS after.  If i install itempack 1.8 which tweaks a few items in the game and gives the smith in BG2 a few new recipes after running EET end and SCS would it mess up my installation? Should i delete everything and just reinstall everything  from scratch?  I have currently reached peldvale in BG heading to the bandit camp so i would not lose too much if i had to restart my game :(.

3 hours ago, Ryofu said:

If i install itempack 1.8 which tweaks a few items in the game and gives the smith in BG2 a few new recipes after running EET end and SCS would it mess up my installation?

Yes, because anything involving dialogues (e.g. for the smithy) needs to be installed before EET_End.

I don't think you need to start from scratch. You could go with deinstalling SCS and EET_End (and all mods that would go after itempack), install the itempack and then reinstall all later mods, EET_End and SCS. This is a BGII mod I think so you should be fine to continue your runthrough if you are still in BG1.

2 hours ago, Ryofu said:

If i uninstall the part of the itempack mod that gives the smith more recipes and only leave the parts which change some items, would that allow me to not have to uninstall EET end and SCS?

The answer depends on what you mean. As weidu will uninstall every mod that was installed after the component you want to uninstall, to then allow them to be reinstalled afterwards. In case of SCS, this will likely take HOURS. Even on high end computer, as you'll actually be only using 1 core/thread on the machine. And very little memory.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Uninstalling EET_end is fine and should be safe (sans rare weidu uninstallation bugs, so always make a backup copy beforehand, regardless).

In future to save yourself time in situations like this have the EET_end mod installed after SCS, not before.

If i install itempack 1.8 which tweaks a few items in the game and gives the smith in BG2 a few new recipes after running EET end and SCS would it mess up my installation?

Yes, because anything involving dialogues (e.g. for the smithy) needs to be installed before EET_End.

Among other things EET_end merges some NPC dialogue files so it's crucial for mods that append or reference original dialogue files to be installed before it. When it comes to "anything involving dialogues" part it's only critical for generating correct files for save patching that can be used during next installation: saves.tra and saves.txt located in saves directory after EET_end installation (if they are not generated from final dialog.tlk used in saves, save patching may fail). So if someone is not planning to use this feature having some small mod like itempack 1.8 installed after shouldn't break anything (my assumption based on name alone, I have not checked its tp2 file)

But yeah, unless you are 100% sure that the mod doesn't mess with the same files as EET_end it's always safer to uninstall it. The process should be fast as long as it's really last mod in your install order (as it should be)

Edited by K4thos