The Owlbearers Portrait Pack for IWD2 and EEs

Hello world.

Here's a pack of hacky IWD2 portrait edits.

The Owlbearers Portrait Pack

The zip file contains 14 heroes to be used in either IWD2 or the Enhanced Editions.

Here's a couple for a taste...

ASIM_L.BMP

AXO_L.BMP

I  would really appreciate any comments, especially suggestions for improvement.

Also, I'd love to know who you have to kill to get a file on the Portrait Packs section!?

Edited by Ox_Owlbearer
Improvement.
Guest guest

I think these are excellent and would love to see more - if you have any. I don't play IWD2 at present, given the compatibility issues with Win10, so I'd also like to know if you have any bigger sizes available for the small portraits (which would be useful when/if IWD2 in EET releases). 

On 6/20/2021 at 1:38 PM, Guest guest said:

I think these are excellent and would love to see more - if you have any.

Now this I like. Thanks. Here's a couple more owl bearers:

18HEM_L.BMP

19OGF_L.bmp

I don't play IWD2 at present, given the compatibility issues with Win10,

I play IWD2 on Windows 10 without a hitch... what issues are there supposed to be?

if you have any bigger sizes available for the small portraits (which would be useful when/if IWD2 in EET releases). 

I could certainly make them in any size. Am too lazy to find out myself what the dimensions for EET portraits are.

Edited by Ox_Owlbearer
Streamlining.

Seems I maxed out my allotted attachments on G3 already. Pity. I have a bunch more, but nowhere to upload the BMP files. I might zip them up and upload them on zippyshare.com if anybody cares.

Here's an out of format showcase for most of what I have now:

18IWI-L.pngARW-L.pngPPR-L.png

UUSN-L.pngPRB-L.pngFKE-L.png

LNG-L.pngMAN-L.pngMES-L.png

Comments, suggestions, critique, anything, any sort of attention would be appreciated.

Guest guest (again)

I'm really digging all the owls. The edits fit well colour-wise and blend naturally.

As for the Windows 10 issue. I've tried the ddraw fix when my screen was black upon startup. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I also have a 4k screen and even the Widescreen fix/mod doesn't help with the UI. I've tried playing at lower resolutions but everything continues to be too small to read (even with font and alternate UI mods). Thus why I'm eager for the IWD-in-EET (and IWD2-in-EET) releases. It has been many years since I played the second game. 😀

The EET portrait sizes are the same as the EE ones AFAIK. Aka 210 x 330. I believe EE scaled them up to 420 x 660 for the large portrait and 169 x 266 for the small one. I would scale your portraits down but the full body images don't resize well for the smaller one. They are perfect for the larger image however. A small face-focused portrait would be appreciated if possible. 

3 hours ago, Guest guest (again) said:

As for the Windows 10 issue. I've tried the ddraw fix when my screen was black upon startup. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I also have a 4k screen and even the Widescreen fix/mod doesn't help with the UI. I've tried playing at lower resolutions but everything continues to be too small to read (even with font and alternate UI mods). Thus why I'm eager for the IWD-in-EET (and IWD2-in-EET) releases. It has been many years since I played the second game. 😀

I hear ya. This  pretty awesome but yet unreleased modding project should interest you, as it would allow you to play the game with the actual IWD2 engine instead of the BG2 one.