Please HELP me get the Tweaks Anthology working for Baldur's Gate II EE it used too...

It was installed on a windows 10 system and the window was selected when I pressed 0 (english) + enter. still nothing happened. So you're saying I should edit the game path in steam to what? Because I told it to install to the exact baldurs gate ii ee folder before it installed. (also uninstalling the game AND steam I think has been one of the things I've tried before.) the folder is something lice c:\mypc\program files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\baldurs gate II enhanced edition that is right right?

On 6/19/2021 at 11:21 AM, jastey said:

How long did you wait when it froze? It might take a while until the installer read in all the available install choices.
Was Czech or English the only language choices you got? Just checking, it should be a lot more.

Sorry didn't know i wasn't logged on on my account when i answered but no even when i used to be able to get tweaks anthology to work it only had 2 languages i think.

On 6/26/2021 at 8:44 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

Installing what ? The only thing you need to do on Windows 10 is to install the game to your own (profile) folders, so you have all the "permission" on it. Aka, install the game into here: C:\Users\<windows username>\Games or whatever\BG2\

And yes, in Steam, you can do this "easily".

Thing is, you are not the only programmer on the computer, so it's very unlikely that you are the only "profile" on it. And then when you purchase a game, you infact licence the the programs, you don't own them, so again, permissions are not entilely yours either. Yes, this in unfortunate, but welcome to reality of things bigger than you. It's called craft.

what the hell are you talking about moron? I am allowed to run the god damn program because I bought it you god damn fool. Same with the other programs you are talking about.

@20886432 Have you tried copying the folder out from Steam to a new location - say, "C:\Baldur's Gate II - modded" and install Tweaks there? Creating a desktop shortcut of Baldur.exe in the folder allows the game to run immediately, this game is portable in that regard and does not depend on Steam launching it.

Keep in mind that Steam autoupdates break mods (and this offers you to have an imminent backup if something goes wrong).

12 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

@20886432 Have you tried copying the folder out from Steam to a new location - say, "C:\Baldur's Gate II - modded" and install Tweaks there? Creating a desktop shortcut of Baldur.exe in the folder allows the game to run immediately, this game is portable in that regard and does not depend on Steam launching it.

Keep in mind that Steam autoupdates break mods (and this offers you to have an imminent backup if something goes wrong). 

I have tried copying and pasting the folder from steam to program files x86 but the same thing happened... I don't know how to check to see if an auto update broke it is there a way to check and if it did roll it back?

Windows locks both Program Files folders to be only writable by programs which you run as admin. Which is why I suggested to move it to the main folder under C:\. (The best would be to keep these on a secondary partition even, but I'm not sure if you have such.)

Edited by Graion Dilach

Okay, I've seen a very similar error with a different guy on Discord earlier today, when Tweaks Anthology just stuck there during the WeiDU update step.

The solution there was to manually update WeiDU to v247. So download https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/download/v247.00/WeiDU-Windows-247-amd64.zip and override setup-cdtweaks.exe with the included weidu.exe. I'm not sure why that worked there, but it did.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:14 AM, Graion Dilach said:

Okay, I've seen a very similar error with a different guy on Discord earlier today, when Tweaks Anthology just stuck there during the WeiDU update step.

The solution there was to manually update WeiDU to v247. So download https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases/download/v247.00/WeiDU-Windows-247-amd64.zip and override setup-cdtweaks.exe with the included weidu.exe. I'm not sure why that worked there, but it did.

Okay I copied it so its c:\baldurs gate II enhanced edition and the Weidu was extracted into that then I ran weidu.exe and it had so many options I couldn't figure out which ones to choose can you tell me step by step which options in the weidu.exe program that I am supposed to type in?   (sorry for asking but I've been trying to do this for a long time). Also as far as putting it on another partition I COULD do that I know how to make another partition but I'm hoping I don't have to.