Imoen and Neera BG to BG2

Guest Imoen's Cousin

Guest Imoen's Cousin

I think I know the answer to this question already…but…😊. Is there some way to transfer my BGEE versions of Imoen and Neera to BG2? Maybe by copying the CRE files?

I duelled Imoen at 9th and made her a much more well-rounded thief. I know I can do this in EE keeper but it’s a lot of hassle. If I go down the copying BGEE CRE file path into BGEE2 will the dialogue still trigger as normal?

Also, I have BGEE EET installed and typically I’ve changed my mind and now want a BGEE & BGEE2 EET install. Can this be done on top of an my existing BGEE EET install with no loss to my current game which I’ve almost finished.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Guest Imoen's Cousin said:

Also, I have BGEE EET installed and typically I’ve changed my mind and now want a BGEE & BGEE2 EET install. Can this be done on top of an my existing BGEE EET install with no loss to my current game which I’ve almost finished.

I have no idea what you are asking. EET is the combined game from BG:EE+SoD and BGII:EE. EET always contains all games in one.

4 hours ago, Guest Imoen's Cousin said:

Is there some way to transfer my BGEE versions of Imoen and Neera to BG2?

Well.. play EET is the smart-a** answer. In EET the NPCs are continuous.

For the separated games, the only thing I can think of is make the NPCs exportable, export them, create a cre out of the exported chr file, rename it to the existing BGII one and place it into the BGII override folder. (Remove the export allowed flag from the cre.) I've never done that, though.

Guest Imoen's Cousin
6 hours ago, jastey said:

I have no idea what you are asking. EET is the combined game from BG:EE+SoD and BGII:EE. EET always contains all games in one.

Well.. play EET is the smart-a** answer. In EET the NPCs are continuous.

For the separated games, the only thing I can think of is make the NPCs exportable, export them, create a cre out of the exported chr file, rename it to the existing BGII one and place it into the BGII override folder. (Remove the export allowed flag from the cre.) I've never done that, though.

I'm playing EET. There is several options one is bgee, another is bgee & bge2, another is with pst and finally the more unstable IWD.

im playing ONLY bgee and want to install bgee2. Do i have to do a fresh install or can i just use the EET installer again and add BG2 and mods? Will I lose my current game?

Maybe someone else would like to attempt an answer. :)

2 hours ago, Guest Imoen's Cousin said:

I'm playing EET. There is several options one is bgee, another is bgee & bge2, another is with pst and finally the more unstable IWD.

im playing ONLY bgee and want to install bgee2. Do i have to do a fresh install or can i just use the EET installer again and add BG2 and mods? Will I lose my current game?

Maybe someone else would like to attempt an answer. :)

Are you by any chance confusing EET with some other tool/mod (possibly Roxanne's extended world install tool)?

I think there is some serious confusion going on here.  In order to install the Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) mod, you MUST have BG:EE WITH SoD AND BG2EE.  What EET does is import the BGEE+SoD game into the BG2EE game.  In order to play EET, you start the BG2EE executable.  If you installed EET but are playing with the BGEE/SoD executable, you aren't playing EET.

8 hours ago, Guest Imoen's Cousin said:

or can i just use the EET installer again

I think you are referring to the EE Setup Tool. That is not EET. EET is the Enhanced Edition Trilogy which makes the whole Saga a continuous game. Please use the correct terms so we know what you mean.

There is noone here who can help you with the EE Setup Tool, I'm afraid. And a note: the tool downloads inofficial or outdated mod versions. I do not recommend using this tool to mod your IE game(s).

Guest Imoen's Cousin
6 hours ago, jastey said:

I think you are referring to the EE Setup Tool. That is not EET. EET is the Enhanced Edition Trilogy which makes the whole Saga a continuous game. Please use the correct terms so we know what you mean.

There is noone here who can help you with the EE Setup Tool, I'm afraid. And a note: the tool downloads inofficial or outdated mod versions. I do not recommend using this tool to mod your IE game(s).

You are all right. I was having a blond moment. I'm using the EET install tool and don't have EET installed. I feel as stupid as an orc. :)

So my question, can I install BG2EE EET on to an existing BGEE & SoD game and not lose my saved game?

or

How can I transfer my BGEE Imoen who is now 9th lvl Thief/8th lvl Mage to BGEE2? Would cut and paste CRE file work or would it mess up dialogues and content in BG2EE?

Thanks everyone.

So my question, can I install BG2EE EET on to an existing BGEE & SoD game and not lose my saved game?

you sod save won't be supported

How can I transfer my BGEE Imoen who is now 9th lvl Thief/8th lvl Mage to BGEE2? Would cut and paste CRE file work or would it mess up dialogues and content in BG2EE?

dual class her manually and add the remaining stuff via clua console:

https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/clua/bg2.htm

edit: or for easier editing you could use one of the save editor tools: https://baldursgate.fandom.com/wiki/Save_Editors

Edited by K4thos