Some limit to Kaishas reinforcements

This is from v30, but I guess it's the same in the latest.

So in confrontation with Kaishas I made a foolish choice to focus the adds first. Turned out, reinforcements arrived faster than I could kill them. By the time I realized I really needed to kill Kaishas first, I was already pretty depleted, and stood no chance. Since I played Ironman, I resorted to Invisibility+retreat to previous area. The area was already crowded to the point it was hard to even walk to the exit. All party members died (except Imoen... in a cheap attempt to save her, I dismissed her from the party), but I managed to salvage some useful equipment.

At this point, I've pretty much given up on this run, but show has to go on, right? In the previous area, I rested, prepared every area damage spell, and every scrupulously saved fire potion, wand, etc. And pre-buffed to the max. I knew I had only one shot, because supplies were limited and there was no way to take them all down with just spells.

Upon entering the area, it was entirely covered in werewolves, I couldn't walk a single step. New ones continued spawning but they couldn't move too, stuck in the initial spot. I made a screenshot, but can't find it now. It looked extremely overwhelming.

And I unleashed hell on them (well, to the extent a lvl 10 mage can). After a series of heavy, but carefully placed bombardments (Imoen was still there, and if I attacked her, she'd turn on me, and I'd have no chance to get her back into party) I was able to get to Kaishas and bring her down, then finish off the remaining enemies, while even still packing some firepower.

While this was definitely interesting, and one of the moments that you play Ironman for, I'm reasonably sure that's not exactly intended behaviour.

Gathered the rest of the items, invited Imoen back, ressed the rest of the party on the mainland.

In the end, I got 2 levels from this fight alone.

Edited by Magus
35 minutes ago, Magus said:

While this was definitely interesting, and one of the moments that you play Ironman for, I'm reasonably sure that's not exactly intended behaviour.

Always a pleasure discovering feats of fellow Ironman but to answer your query I'm afraid it is. From the SCS readme, spoilers section:

The confrontation with Kaishas. Kaishas becomes a greater werewolf, with Free Action and immunity to all weapons except cold iron. (This seems to have been intended in BG1 but not properly implemented). She will also call for help from the tunnels: reinforcements will arrive at a rate of about one werewolf per round.

It could be more sensibly implemented if you ask me but that is MHO.