Anybody know the secret of BAM cycle looping?

Some VVC files are set up to play the first cycle (numbered 0 in the BAM editor, but 1 here), then the second (cycle 1 in the editor and number 2 here). When the VVC is set to loop, this arrangement plays the starting animation, the first cycle, once, and then keeps repeating the second. You can see examples in Fireshield. The first cycle are the flames rising, the second - burning evenly. I don't know who I'm explaining this for, the people who might answer my question know this already... Well, this system works for frames that are not too different. All of the fire tongues are pretty much the same. But if you try to play some different, distinct frames in the first cycle and continue the sequence in the second, there will be a glitch. Even though in the BAM editor you have arranged the frames to flow smoothly from one cycle to the next, in the game the main cycle will jumpstart from a different, elusive point. Does anybody know what the system of this hiccup is? By how many frames I need to move up the second cycle - or down, possibly?

Edit: never mind! I tried one last time to move the frames about at random and I hit an amazing jackpot - the cycles started flowing exactly! Record this: the second cycle must be started earlier by 5 frames. So if your first cycle is frames 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and the sequence appears smooth in the editor when the second cycle's frames go 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (to repeat), in reality you need 10, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

I am glad. 🦌

Edited by temnix