This is how I installed the whole thing:

1) Installed BG + SOD
2) Installed DLC merger
3) INstalled Baldur's gate 2
4) Installed main EET
5) Installed all the mods.
6) Installed EET_END

Issues I'm finding:

1) This is the debug file (it was installed with warnings): https://easyupload.io/4znut2

Fourteen megabyte file. I've never seen a debug file so big. 

If you are scared it may be malicious, this is the virustotal scan: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/09f60f0eb7ee70ac293e44e8a9e6136f8285289626b24edc95ec8fb69a19719d/detection

2) When I start the game (I think I should start it from BG2), the issue I have is the following:

I open BG2 > start new game > it asks me if I want to play SoA or ToB > I click SoA > It brings me back to Bg1 > new game > it asks me if I want to play Soa or w/e > etc etc etc. Basically it goes to the beginning as soon as I click SoA.

What am I missing ? 

Guest Morgoth

Discovered there is an EET icon on the desktop (I Think one should also be added on the main folder). No change from what happens above in the number 2)

are you sure your BG2:EE installation has latest official patch applied? Given the warnings (differences in GUI and AR0900.BCS) I suspect you may be on older patch version that is no longer supported. With borked UI.MENU you won't be able to start the compaign properly.

Edited by K4thos

Following issue: I installed EET_end; weidu.log confirms that. But starting the game, the message that EET_end is not installed pops up. 

In the baldur.lua I have the string: 

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','EET Installation State','1")

I changed it to "2" and the message disappeard. Question is: how could that happen? Is EET_end just adding a +1 to the state or should it this change the value to 2?

IIRC I changed the path for the baldur.lua in the engine.lua during the installation of the mods and before the EET_end. 

It should. EET_End overrides all lines which have "EET Installation State" defined with the value set to 2. My best guess would be that you made the edit at the wrong moment (personally I tend to change engine.lua after EET_End). It could be that WeiDU didn't picked it up due to some reason.

Problem with EET END

I managed to install a limited number of mods and EET including EET END.

Then Avast decided that InfinityLoader.exe was a virus and quarantined it.

I have tried a fresh installation and afterwards it is located in the EE ex folder not in the Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder where it should be, and where it was the first time that I installed EET END.

I have tried running EET End both with the Avast Fireshield on and off and it seems to make no difference.

Do you have any advice?

Attached is the Debug file.

SETUP-EEEX.TXT

4 minutes ago, Wise Grimwald said:

I have tried running EET End both with the Avast Fireshield on and off and it seems to make no difference.

Pick up the hard drive, put it in a fire safe trash bin, pour gassoline, a match ... or you could just uninstall the program, this being your home computer, you shouldn't need an anti-virus on it, finish your EET install(this includes starting it at least a couple times), and then rething again what you are doing, and install the antivirus back, and reconnect to internet, yes, you did all of that offline of course-hello, you were not insane. Play the game usin the BG2EE's normal starter file.

Just copy over the InfinityLoader from the EEex subfolder to the main folder and let that joke of an antivirus use it (seriously, at this point WinDefender has better stats than Avast) if you have it already installed otherwise. Although this sounds like it still has the file quarantined somewhere.

Has nothing to do with EET though, so notsure why this bump.

21 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

Just copy over the InfinityLoader from the EEex subfolder to the main folder and let that joke of an antivirus use it (seriously, at this point WinDefender has better stats than Avast) if you have it already installed otherwise. Although this sounds like it still has the file quarantined somewhere.

Has nothing to do with EET though, so notsure why this bump.

I didn't think that it was anything to do with EET. I just thought that people here might be able to help. I will let you know if it works this time I have been looking at how to exchange Avast for Win Defender and it seems that it is not all that simple. Apparently things get left behind. :( Thanks for the advice.

8 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Really, cause this says otherwise !?

I work as an enterprise system administrator with my employer focusing on providing managed infrastructure services. Ensuring that all our workstations and our clients are properly protected and secured is one of our goals. I am not aware of Avast being a vendor in any of our accounts, but we have migrated from Symantec to Windows Defender a few years ago on the Windows workstations (additionally, Avast was caught at selling user data a few years ago). Sure, we did use Carbon Black alongside it for a year, but Carbon Black isn't a "standard" anti-virus solution.

Even if my employer isn't considered top-notch, I still put more trust in our cybersecurity team and their recommendations over some random YouTube video. We can't really afford messing this up on such a basic mistake afterall otherwise we wouldn't be on the market.

Also, I had one machine completely bricked by Avast in 2019 and another where it couldn't catch a plain virus and I had to safe mode/system-restore the system to purge it which also ended up Avast starting up the system with an error message in 2014. According to my experiences it's as trash as McAfee is.

Edited by Graion Dilach
1 hour ago, Graion Dilach said:

... if my employer isn't considered top-notch, I still put more trust in our cybersecurity team and their recommendations over some random YouTube video. We can't really afford messing this up on such a basic mistake afterall otherwise we wouldn't be on the market.

I am not saying any of this with the intent to say that some program is better than other, and we all have history that tells that no protection is perfect, other than: no protection is not perfect. What I was saying was that you should watch the video. Which they make good points at. And if you have not heard of the Linus Techtips... well, it's your business, but you might find things to check out with them.

And like they say in the video, business instersts are different from home security... and they touch a few points there in too. So that wasn't a random video. You obviously just didn't watch it. I am not saying that it's some random book with holes in it that you should take as your life instructions, but at least listen it at least ones, and make your own oppinion on it first, before you go and dismiss the whole thing.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola