How do you install Tweaks Anthology on macOS Big Sur?

I downloaded the osx-cdtweaks-v9.zip file, unzip everything into game folder. But when I ran the setup-cdtweaks.command, the terminal just showed me ./setup-cdtweaks was killed right after it was started. Like this:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/setup-cdtweaks.command: line 3: 19080 Killed: 9               ./setup-cdtweaks

Saving session...completed.

Guest caladrius

Same thing happened to me. Been looking for ways to fix it but couldn't find anything. So far BG1 NPC Project worked fine but Tweaks Anthology and BG1 NPC Music both show the same error message when selecting the .command file.

5 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Have you tried this? (Especially see AL|EN’s comment of December 11 on the 3rd page of the thread, if you have problems.)

Yes I did, but same thing happened. The program ran and exit without anything gotten done.

~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition/Mac_Weidu_Launcher_v7.app/Contents/Resources/mwl.command ; exit;

Saving session...completed.

On 8/6/2021 at 11:12 PM, Guest caladrius said:

Same thing happened to me. Been looking for ways to fix it but couldn't find anything. So far BG1 NPC Project worked fine but Tweaks Anthology and BG1 NPC Music both show the same error message when selecting the .command file.

For the love of God I will never upgrade my Macbook ever again. Every time it upgraded, the only thing it achieved is breaking backward compatibility for some of my programs. Last year both SCS and Tweak worked perfectly on my Mac without any issue.

Did you delete the "weidu" file in your game folder and replace it with the one linked in this post?

I hear you about upgrading. I tend to find a version of the OS and stick with it for as long as possible. I stayed on Mountain Lion for a loooong time... that was a great system. Then I got a newer Macbook that didn't run ML, so now I have Mojave on it; I really like Mojave, I'm not going to change it anytime soon. Probably not until I get another new laptop. Apple provides security updates to older OSes for years and years, I don't feel a compelling need to stay with the most current OS.

13 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Did you delete the "weidu" file in your game folder and replace it with the one linked in this post?

I hear you about upgrading. I tend to find a version of the OS and stick with it for as long as possible. I stayed on Mountain Lion for a loooong time... that was a great system. Then I got a newer Macbook that didn't run ML, so now I have Mojave on it; I really like Mojave, I'm not going to change it anytime soon. Probably not until I get another new laptop. Apple provides security updates to older OSes for years and years, I don't feel a compelling need to stay with the most current OS.

Yes I did. Still nothing happened. I checked WeiDu's Github and it says Mac package had been updated to supported Big Sur(11.01), but my system is 11.2.

I really tried to make it work so I downloaded WeiDu git repo, but I couldn't compile it properly due to some compatible issues with Ocaml. I don't know the language thus not being able to troubleshoot. Guess I have to struck with vanilla  BG.

PS. Should have stayed with Mojave just like you do. I don't even understand why I kept upgrade the system... Guess I was feebleminded.

Edited by potatoteers
11 hours ago, Magus said:

Run weidu from terminal manually, you'll at least see the error.

I used to have a macbook... after some time I just installed Ubuntu on it.

Run weidu from terminal manually worked fine! I can't believe it. My HERO.

To help anyone who ran into this thread with same problem:

1. Download the OSX Tweaks file, unzip it, copy the `cdtweaks` folder to your Game. It is usually located in {YOUR_HOME}/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition/.

2. Download the latest WeiDu binary from GitHub. https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases Grab the Mac version.

3. Unzip your WeiDu zip, grab the weidu and copy-paste it into your game folder.

4. Open your terminal, use the command `cd` to change the current directory to your game folder.

5. Type `./weidu cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2`. Voila!

6. If macOS complains about permissions, open `Security` from the `System Settings`, in the `General` tab, click `Open Anyway` (Yes macOS I know what I am doing, stop treating me like a retard)

7. If your `weidu` binary doesn't have the executable permission, type `chmod +x weidu` or `chmod 755 weidu`.

8. It didn't happend on my Mac, but should `weidu` says it has no permission to change folder, go to `Security`->`Privacy`->`Full Disk Access`, add `weidu`.

Guest caladrius
5 hours ago, potatoteers said:

Run weidu from terminal manually worked fine! I can't believe it. My HERO.

To help anyone who ran into this thread with same problem:

1. Download the OSX Tweaks file, unzip it, copy the `cdtweaks` folder to your Game. It is usually located in {YOUR_HOME}/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition/.

2. Download the latest WeiDu binary from GitHub. https://github.com/WeiDUorg/weidu/releases Grab the Mac version.

3. Unzip your WeiDu zip, grab the weidu and copy-paste it into your game folder.

4. Open your terminal, use the command `cd` to change the current directory to your game folder.

5. Type `./weidu cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2`. Voila!

6. If macOS complains about permissions, open `Security` from the `System Settings`, in the `General` tab, click `Open Anyway` (Yes macOS I know what I am doing, stop treating me like a retard)

7. If your `weidu` binary doesn't have the executable permission, type `chmod +x weidu` or `chmod 755 weidu`.

8. It didn't happend on my Mac, but should `weidu` says it has no permission to change folder, go to `Security`->`Privacy`->`Full Disk Access`, add `weidu`.

Hi! I tried this solution out but somehow I'm getting this error below. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it because my BigSur is 11.5 already?

ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY in:

../..

../../..

/

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find CHITIN.KEY: run me in an Infinity Engine game directory")

17 hours ago, Guest caladrius said:

Hi! I tried this solution out but somehow I'm getting this error below. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is it because my BigSur is 11.5 already?

ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY in:

../..

../../..

/

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find CHITIN.KEY: run me in an Infinity Engine game directory")

You didn't run the weidu command from the game directory.

Type `pwd` from the terminal and tell me you see. I am pretty sure I can help you with this.