Captain Arat dialogue fixes

Captain Arat at the de'Arnise Keep has two errors in his dialogue. One is a bad trigger that would make him respond as if the drawbridge was open, and the second is an infinite flame arrow exploit. The first is a simple state trigger replace, but the latter is a bit trickier. BD's solution was to change state 11 from Arat giving arows to setting an area variable, and letting the area script handle the arrows. I did not use this implementation for two reasons: Captain Arat's dialogue still says he's giving you arrows, and the arrows in his inventory remain. I changed his line as follows:

Just be sure you've acid or fire at your disposal. Trolls will not fall to anything else. May the gods go with you.  Take these arrows, they might help.

I added two branches to the state, if he has arrows or not. If he doesn't, the dialogue ends there. If he does, it follows the branch and has one more line before exiting:

Take these arrows, they might help.

This is accomplished as follows:

// eliminates Captain Arat's flame arrow exploit, part 1/2
EXTEND_BOTTOM KPCAPT01 11
IF ~!HasItem("kpcapt01","arow08")~ THEN JOURNAL #20986 FLAGS 128 EXIT
IF ~HasItem("kpcapt01","arow08")~  THEN DO ~GiveItem("arow08",[PC],20,0,0)~ JOURNAL #20986 FLAGS 128 GOTO CDAratGaveArrows
END

// eliminates Captain Arat's flame arrow exploit, part 2/2
APPEND KPCAPT01
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CDAratGaveArrows SAY @108
 IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END
END

// Arat would sometimes act as if drawbridge was open if it was not
REPLACE_STATE_TRIGGER KPCAPT01 50
WEIGHT #0 ~!Dead("Torgal")
Global("BridgeOpen","GLOBAL",1)
Global("TrollsDead","LOCALS",0)~
SET_WEIGHT KPCAPT01 50 #0

This also requires a STRING_SET and some strings to finagle the dialogue change:

STRING_SET 39798 @107 // captain arat

and two new strings:

@107 = ~Just be sure you've acid or fire at your disposal. Trolls will not fall to anything else. May the gods go with you.~
@108 = ~Take these arrows, they might help.~

Archived