D2-Weapon - A Souls-inspired Weapon Pack (v2.3)

GitHub: https://github.com/D2-mods/D2-Weapon
Download: https://github.com/D2-mods/D2-Weapon/releases
Installs on: BG:EE, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, EET (v2.5/v2.6)

Overview:
This is a mod for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Adds 15 weapons, many of them loosely based on weapons from FromSoft's Dark Souls trilogy. All items are purchased from various sellers. Some have more standard abilities, while others have more extreme advantages and disadvantages (though I've toned some of it down in updates).

Note: For BGEE/SoD, all items install, but only 3 are obtainable (2 in SoD).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Components:

1. D2-Weapon - A Souls-inspired Weapon Pack
  2. Add damage to bows (recommended for IWD:EE)
  3. Add NPC merchant to Throne of Bhaal or Heart of Winter?

Should be installed before any mods that make global changes to weapons, such as weapon usability tweaks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPC merchant:

• ToB: Gives access to Deidre's items, Joluv's items, and Ribald's special store.
  • HoW: Gives access to Conlan's store, Lehland's store, and Nym's store.

Item list:

d2bow01 - Black Bow of Pharis
d2bow02 - Dragonslayer Greatbow
d2bow03 - White Birch Bow
d2bow04 - Avelyn
d2swd01 - Greatsword
d2swd02 - Fume Ultra Greatsword
d2swd03 - Chaos Rapier
d2swd04 - Drakeblood Greatsword
d2swd05 - Bewitched Alonne Sword
d2swd06 - Stone Greatsword
d2swd07 - Scimitar +2: Accelerator
d2dag01 - Aquamarine Dagger
d2hal01 - Unbalanced Halberd
d2ham01 - Club +4: Frenzy
d2eff01b - Sling +2: Accelerator

d2#wbag - bag containing all weapons (not obtainable through normal gameplay)

baldr000byevu.png
d2-weapon-02e0jhx.png

Copyright info:

Spoiler

"D2-Weapon" is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0). It uses modified images for the icon BAMs, taken from wikidot.com or Fandom.com, and which are shared under this license.

Note: Starting with v2.2, this mod no longer uses licensed images, edited or otherwise, except for files taken from Infinity Engine games.

Edited by Dan_P
2 hours ago, Endarire said:

Is this EET compatible?  I assume so because it's weapons and I want to check.

Thankee!

I'm assuming so (I don't use EET myself). This mod basically does the following:

- adds the weapons to  override and patches in text

- patches the stores with the weapons

I'm not an expert with the engine, but unless EET changes store file names, it should work.

Made a few small adjustments:

v1.6
- movement bonus from Frenzy status (Club +4: Frenzy) now uses the stacking percentage modifier
- Stone Greatsword now uses a custom projectile, the slowdown effect hits slightly faster than before
- revised Sling +2: Accelerator - usable by all races, but only halflings get Accelerator effect
- d2#wbag.ITM: A bag of holding containing all weapons from this mod. It's not obtainable through normal gameplay. Use the console or an editor to add to game if you want to quickly test out the weapons.

5 hours ago, Endarire said:

Thankee!

What about adding a Dragonslayer Spear?

I have notes for some new items, but it's behind some other stuff. To be honest, I don't know if I'll get much done before Elden Ring's out, and I'll probably be gone for a while after that. I always come back to the IE games though, so I might still add more to this eventually, even if I don't in the next week (assuming I'll still remember how to do anything in weidu).

A Dragonslayer Spear that can fire lightning bolts wouldn't be hard to do. Or the Swordspear's Falling Bolt skill might be even more interesting, since it buffs the weapon as well. I'll say maybe for both. I have a different spear mocked up, but it's an arcane-focused weapon so one of the Dragonslayer ones wouldn't be bad either.