Need some help with the installation of this mod

Hi,

I encountered an error installing this mod, and the installation said to copy the debug file and post it in this forum to ask for help.

I previously had no issue in my previous installation installing this mod but i decided to reinstall my game today and while installing the mods for EET again this mod keeps giving me an error and ending the installation.

Could anyone please help me look at the debug file and ascertain what is wrong?

Thank you and regards

SETUP-SOD2BG2_IU.DEBUG

Edited by Ryofu

Hello. In the mod installation instruction it says to run the executable file:  setup-sod2bg2_iu.exe

Or that the zip file will self extract. I had to extract mine manually, and there is no executable file for me to initiate the installation. I'm not sure why it's not present. Please help.

7 hours ago, Guest Pugdy said:

Hello. In the mod installation instruction it says to run the executable file:  setup-sod2bg2_iu.exe

Or that the zip file will self extract. I had to extract mine manually, and there is no executable file for me to initiate the installation. I'm not sure why it's not present. Please help.

So, assuming you downloaded the sod2bg2_iu-v2.0.1.exe -file, that's the self extracting mod archive, which when ran in a modern Windows system, the Windows might deside to "protect you from" by noting that the you are now installing a program that is not listed in the Antivirus protected safe zone, marked by a list of program manufacturers and files... just like every one of weidu mods, and asks you on how to proceed;
It will allow you to proceed, you just need to select the correct things... and it will do this in your native language, whatever you have selected to be.

Then should show you this: So-Dto-BG2ee804.jpg
Which will then allow you to proceed to the automatic installation route, after it has extracted the files into the selected (game) folder.

If you open the archive(.exe) file with an archive tool, you'll see the contained sod2bg2_iu -folder, and the "setup-sod2bg2_iu.exe" -file.
After this, of course your Windows/antivirus might again deside to "protect you" again, by removing the setup-sod2bg2_iu.exe, as it's the weidu.exe just renamed as that, to take orders from the setup-sod2bg2_iu.tp2(that is in the folder). And it's not in the list... as we don't have the moneys to reassure everyone of the Antivirus protection programs to leave our small .exe alone as it has as many file names as there are mods made with it. As it's a bounty system, where we would pay the 'tax' to get to the list.

If the above happeens, my instruction is to go offline and disable your antivirus... then might want to rethink your approach, might switch antivirus programs ... then install the mod, and re-enable your antivirus program and scan the whole computer .. and then go back to online.