Ascalon's Questpack: Discussion and Bug Report Thread

On 12/30/2022 at 4:26 AM, Trouveur80 said:

Hello, with last version (4.3), during the Serpents of Abbathor quest, the party must save two guys in a tavern in northwest BG. They are already dead, and if I remember right the two foes there should carry a key to a warehouse, but I tried a few times with reload but there is no key left. Is there another way to obtain this key ?

Same problem here. I'll try to import that key from EEKeeper then... :(

We will investigate the Warehouse key missing dropping. Until then, the keys in the component are:

ACQKEY01 - Key - A small key, opening some sort of panel in the wall.
ACQKEY02 - Warehouse Key - This key opens a warehouse in the Southern District of the city. The Serpents of Abbathor have their hideout there.

Ascalons Questpack updates to 4.4!

-"The Great Karlini": Ygnatius should REALLY spawn at Lions Way if he tells the PC to meet him there.
-English version: changed "localize" -> "locate".
-Install error on BG:EE for non-English versions fixed.

The last version of mod fails at install with Russian translation: 

ERROR Installing [A Job Well-Paid], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  69 files for [AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled     69 files for [AC_QUEST/AC_QUEST.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "AC_QUEST/TRA/russian/sounds")

Yes, I tried to install the latest version.

The error can be fixed with an additional check in tp2:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ THEN BEGIN
    COPY ~AC_QUEST/TRA/english/sounds~ ~override~
    ACTION_IF DIRECTORY_EXISTS ~AC_QUEST/tra/%LANGUAGE%/sounds~ THEN BEGIN
        COPY ~AC_QUEST/TRA/%LANGUAGE%/sounds~ ~override~
    END
END

or by creating empty "sounds" folder in AC_QUEST/TRA/Russian/sounds

OK, to my defense: there is an empty "sounds" folder in my original package, and also in my GitHub repo, but GitHub obviously doesn't give a p**p and it's not pushed and GitHub also doesn't notice no matter whether I delete the local folder or not.

I'll think of a fix for this. Thanks for notification.

I am preparing a v5.0 with new lines that would need translations! French, Italian, Russian.

Link to prepared v5 here: https://github.com/Gitjas/Ascalons_Questpack/tree/main/AC_QUEST/tra

Summary of new lines:

Spoiler

ACQ10100.tra:
@410 - @416

setup-AC_QUEST.tra:
@1000 - @1012 and @3000016 - @3000086

setup-AC_QUEST_ee.tra:
@1005 - @1012

setup-install.tra:
@5000017 - @5000020

ACQ21000.tra was revised, please compare line by line

new tra files:
-ACQ10100_tweak.tra
-serpents_of_abbathor_tweaked.tra

And a teaser for players: the new version will offer a tweaked version of the quest "Serpents of Abbathor" so it doesn't end with a cliffhanger but is finished in BG1. The dwarven artefact can be handed in, and there will be no hints of a new threat for the PC to come.

Also, for the good path (i.e. helping Wostok), there will be a small follow-up encounter in BG2 for a continuous BGT or EET game.

On 4/13/2023 at 3:33 PM, jastey said:

OK, to my defense: there is an empty "sounds" folder in my original package, and also in my GitHub repo, but GitHub obviously doesn't give a p**p and it's not pushed and GitHub also doesn't notice no matter whether I delete the local folder or not.

Sorry for being late, but I've only noticed this now...

Git doesn't track folders, it tracks files. Think folders only as part of the filenames there. Dropping an empty file would allow tracking.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:07 PM, jastey said:

I am preparing a v5.0 with new lines that would need translations! French, Italian, Russian.

Hi, Jastey!

I've updated the Russian translation and sent you the pull request on Github. Thank you for your work!

Not related to Questpack but for one of maintained mods:

Spoiler

idk if this has been reported. The current Indira NPC release from Pocket-Plane-Group Github has non-English installation problems on EE games. The mod catches files missing from /Tra/BGEE/%language%/ from /Tra/english/, not from the  /Tra/%language%/. It results in English text in non-English installations. I checked the bug on French and Russian translations.