Virus Detected with AVG Antivirus on V8, V9, and V10

Guest Middle Age Role Player

To whom it may concern:

I am attempting to download and install your wonderful Sword and Fist mod for Baldur's Gate Trilogy. However, upon download of V8, V9 or V10, my AVG Antivirus program detects a virus or malware contained in these files. Is this a false positive? This is the first time I have run into this situation as all the other G3 files I have downloaded were clean including V7 of this mod. Granted, my CPU is an old Windows XP machine from back in the 90's and probably belongs on the garbage heap. I look forward to your prompt response so my BG modding project may continue.

Thank you, Cam! I was pretty sure that was the case as every other mod I have downloaded from G3 (and there have been loads) have scanned fine. It could also be that my antivirus program updated its rule set and is detecting something it shouldn’t leading to a false positive. The modding community are pretty good about making sure the mods are clean upon release and I have come to trust G3 as one of my main sources of BG mods. Fingers crossed that when this project is complete, my 90’s CPU will not choke! LoL! (Imagines getting 3/4 of the way through and encountering some game stopping bug - story of my life!).

Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I have visited this site for years and have come to learn the names of many of the forum admins and mod creators and it means a lot that you took the time to reply to my first ever post. Keep up the great work you and others are doing to support our shared love of this classic and enjoyable game!