Bone Talisman

The Bone Talisman does not do what it states in the description.  Instead It temporarily increases the max hit points of the character that uses it.  Additionally, when spawned with the "choose your item" tweak, it only has one charge (also contrary to what the description states).

Edited by sirnicklaus

This sent me down a bit of a rabbit hole. Items distributed via the random treasure table take on the attributes of the placeholder items they replace--notably, their charges. After a review these were fine for the most part, but there were a handful of items that needed adjustment:

• Fixpack addresses the duplicate random loot (EXTRES4, which randomizes to Cloak of Invisibility/Ogien's Scale) in the Barbarian Camp and the Wyrm's Tooth interior. Fixpack does this by replacing the dupe in the Barbarian Camp with EXTRES1 (Belt of Bones/Helm of Shouting/Stomper's Boots). However, looking at the charges on the placeholders, Fixpack should be replacing the duplicate at Wyrm's Tooth so that the items come properly charged.
  • Uligar at the mill in Kuldahar Pass could drop an uncharged Wand of Trap Detection.
  • In the third level of Dragon's Eye, you could get a single Translocation Arrow or single Tranquil Bolt from one of Presio's shelves. Now you get a small stack.
  • And finally, the aforementioned Bone Amulet in the third floor of the Severed Hand came with zero charges. With charges, it works as expected.

I see.  It sounds as if you've already addressed these items and that the changes will be seen in a future version of Fixpack?  I assume, as I have been told is the case with Tweaks, that updating a Fixpack version in a currently existing save could cause issues?  When starting a new save: would uninstalling and replacing currently installed Fixpack and Tweaks versions with the latest be sufficient, or is it recommended that one have an entirely new install of Icewind Dale before selecting newer versions for install?

After I finished RCs up for The Calling, IWDification, and Tweaks, I had time while I was waiting for bug reports before finalizing them. As such I've been going hammer-and-tongs at Fixpack for the past few weeks. I'm made about 60-or-so commits on Github since version 6--most of these were catching up on the massive backlog of oIWD bugs we found during IWDEE development (or at least the ones that I can backport), plus stuff posted here, plus some stuff I've found on my own.

At this point, I'd say I'm pretty close to having v7 done code-wise, probably within a few days. (Documentation is going to take substantially longer since so much has changed). And yeah, while you could try updating Fixpack on an existing save, there's always a lot that can go wrong, so I'd suggest a new game. If you're willing to wait a little bit for a v7 beta package I'd love to have a tester. :)