Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

No problem at all. Thank you for your time. I'm playing no-reload anyway so it shall be nice to wander through Amn with a bit less stress than usual until I have to take on Ascension's bosses!

In combination with SRR, the installation of SCS 34.3 gives errors for druid.tph (there is no error without SRR)

Relevant console output:

//Including file(s) spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph
//Copying and patching 1 file ...
//In state 560, I expected one of these tokens:
//  [2] ~~
//  [20] ID_OF_LABEL
//  [25] DIRECTORY_EXISTS
//  [26] IDS_OF_SYMBOL
//  [28] STRING_LENGTH
//  [39] SLONG_AT
//  [43] SBYTE_AT
//  [44] RINDEX
//  [53] BUFFER_LENGTH
//  [60] BNOT
//  [66] FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME
//  [110] GAME_INCLUDES
//  [130] VALID_SCRIPT_TRIGGERS
//  [137] ENGINE_IS
//  [146] SHORT_AT
//  [152] INDEX_BUFFER
//  [167] RESOLVE_STR_REF
//  [168] FILE_EXISTS
//  [171] NEXT_STRREF
//  [178] BYTE_AT
//  [182] LONG_AT
//  [194] GAME_IS
//  [205] VALID_SCRIPT_ACTIONS
//  [208] RANDOM
//  [217] FILE_CONTAINS_EVALUATED
//  [235] FILE_MD5
//  [251] ANY
//  [273] RESOURCE_CONTAINS
//  [275] FILE_SIZE
//  [282] LPAREN
//  [284] DEFAULT
//  [302] SIZE_OF_FILE
//  [306] BIFF_IS_COMPRESSED
//  [309] TRA_ENTRY_EXISTS
//  [319] FILE_CONTAINS
//  [323] RINDEX_BUFFER
//  [327] INDEX
//  [338] VARIABLE_IS_SET
//  [353] SSHORT_AT
//  [357] STATE_WHICH_SAYS
//  [360] FILE_IS_IN_COMPRESSED_BIF
//  [371] NOT
//  [377] INSTALL_ORDER
//  [388] DOLLARS
//  [394] IS_AN_INT
//  [398] MOD_IS_INSTALLED
//  [409] EVALUATE_BUFFER
//  [425] IS_SILENT
//  [428] ABS
//Parse error (state 560) at END
//[weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 59 column 1-9
//Near Text: END
//    GLR parse error
//[weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph]  ERROR at line 59 column 1-9
//Near Text: END
//    Parsing.Parse_error
//ERROR: parsing [weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/demivrgvs/druid.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error
//Stopping installation because of error.

2 hours ago, Lianos said:

In combination with SRR, the installation of SCS 34.3 gives errors for druid.tph (there is no error without SRR)

In ...\stratagems\priest\spellchoices_defensive\demivrgvs\druid.tph Line 41 a bracket is missing.

PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null
should be
PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null)

This fixed it for me.

Hi,

After some testing on oBG2, there are 1 major and some minor 'incompatibilities' between IWD spells components and some other mods.

• Major - With Infinity Animation installed : I have an error when installing, the component 1510  [divine spells] - (It seems to be linked to a resource not copied during the installation process) :

'[./override/sppr613.spl] loaded, 3130 bytes
override/sppr613.spl copied to weidu_external/backup/stratagems/1510/sppr613.spl, 3130 bytes
Copied [sppr613.spl] to [override/sppr613.spl]
Copying and patching 2 files ...

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [gisbomb.cre] not found in KEY file:'

• 1pp component 202 (spell tweaks) should be installed after divine spells component - if not, there are warnings for cause_light_wounds and Cause_Medium_Wounds
  • installing arcane spells component with IR or IRR mod create a warning for wand10.itm (wand of summoning) : no added/altered effect

In addition, I think that there are some "small inconsistencies" with the new invocations spells and some wrong animations :

• Level 1 :  DW#MS1OA and  DW#MS1OW have wrong animations (0xffffffff) leading to CTD
  • Level 1 : goblins creatures use race =161, but in oBG2 this race does not exist (this is also true for Shadow creatures SS1GOB, SS2GOB...)
  • Level 1 spell let you summons up to 6 creatures (as said in description) but in oBG2, you are limited to 5 summons
  • Level 2 : Lizard man creatures use race =162, but in oBG2 this race does not exist (this is also true for Shadow creatures SS1liz, SS2LIZ...)
  • Level 2 spell let you summons up to 6 creatures (as said in description) but in oBG2, you are limited to 5 summons
  • Level 4 : OGREMASU has more hp (52) than a all Lv5 summon (45 and 50hp), is quite powerfull with its spells and is equiped with a magical weapon. it sems better than all Lv5 summons. should'nt it be a lv5 summons ?
  • Level 4 : DW#MS4YU has a TACH0 of 11. this is better than nearly all summon (TACH0 is around 15 for Lv5, 13 for Lv6 and 11 for Lv7)
  • Level 5 : MS5MINO has less hp (45) than all Lv4 summons (48 and 52hp), has a non-magical weapon. Minautor use race =171 but in oBG2 this race does not exist In addition class is set to fighter - 2; it is ususally OGRE - 125 - . this summon seems not as good as Lv4 summons.
  • Level 6 :
    • DW#MS6GT has more hp than all other summons (pv = 101), has regeneration and great statistics (st21, dex20, 3atk...) it seems more powerfull than all lv7 summons...
    • MS6SALC weapon is "only" 1d6+2d4 (cold) (max=14) with 2apr and it hasn't the regular stats of a frost Salamander; in BG2 it is usually 5 attack/round and ST17. In addition race = 169, but in oBG2 it does not exist
    • MS6SALF weapon is 2d8+1d de6 (fire) + 4 (max=26) with 2apr making it far better from the frost salamander (usually, frost salamander has 5 apr to compensate). In addition, and like frost salamander, it does not have its regular stats; in BG2 it is usually ST16, INT14
  • Level 7 :
    • DW#MS7ET has a non-magical weapon making it kind of useless for a lv9 spell
    • MS7UMBH : has not the usual stats for an umber hulk. usually it is 72hp, st 19, con 15, dex16, int 10, TACH0 11...
  • Water elementals creatures class are set to: unknown - 219. It Should be no_class - 255 in oBG2

Anyway, thanks for this great mod.

I've got the divine/Infinity Animations issue sorted. Essentially we were checking for a variable being =1 instead of !0. The animation/race/class issues for summons are sorted and I'm looking into the 1pp and IR conflicts.

For balance issues, I'll defer to David.

Guest Min_Carolin

Hello. I have a problem installing the "Initialize AI Components" component. Returns an error, as in the attachment. What could it be? 

The old version is present in the screenshot, but everything is repeated in the new one.

Spoiler

z9-yrYS6Hes.jpg?size=827x529&quality=96&

Guest Min_Carolin
1 hour ago, Guest Min_Carolin said:

Hello. I have a problem installing the "Initialize AI Components" component. Returns an error, as in the attachment. What could it be? 

The old version is present in the screenshot, but everything is repeated in the new one.

Reveal hidden contents

z9-yrYS6Hes.jpg?size=827x529&quality=96&

Here is the DEBUG-file: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/CLJ0Y346Y2V1HA. Sorry, I forgot.

10 hours ago, CamDawg said:

I've got the divine/Infinity Animations issue sorted. Essentially we were checking for a variable being =1 instead of !0. The animation/race/class issues for summons are sorted and I'm looking into the 1pp and IR conflicts.

For balance issues, I'll defer to David.

The 1pp and IR conflicts have been resolved.

There is a small grafical bug in the latest version (34.3) on EE 2.6 with Siege. Effect of Spell Emotion: Hope is not graphically represented on the portraits of npcs. The spell works normally, gives appropriate bonuses, but grafical representation that is on character´s portrait is missing. 

I don´t know if the bug also affects Emotion: Courage (I don´t have that spell yet). 

@DavidW

I know that your AI is well-consolidated as of now, but have you ever thought about simplifying your scripts?

By "simplifying" I mean: have you ever thought about using object selectors in place of static objects?

According to the IESDP (and unless I'm missing something!), TargetBlock(s) like this one

TARGET=PCsInOrderShort
	[PC]
	SecondNearest([PC])
	ThirdNearest([PC])

can be reduced to just [PC], i.e.: the engine will automatically switch to "SecondNearest([PC])" if "[PC]" is not a valid target, to "ThirdNearest([PC])" if "SecondNearest([PC])" is not a valid target, and so forth. In other words: "[PC]" is not necessarily the nearest Party Member! In other words: script blocks containing "SecondNearest([PC])", "ThirdNearest([PC])", etc. never fire. Similarly, this one

TARGET=EnemiesInOrder
	NearestEnemyOf(Myself)
	SecondNearestEnemyOf(Myself)
	ThirdNearestEnemyOf(Myself)
	FourthNearestEnemyOf(Myself)
	FifthNearestEnemyOf(Myself)
	SixthNearestEnemyOf(Myself)

can be reduced to just [GOODCUTOFF].

Sure, there may be cases where you want to use static objects (f.i. "*FarthestEnemyOf(Myself)"), but as far as targeting the nearest creature is concerned, it may be better to stick with object selectors...

In so doing, scripts will be even easier to debug (hopefully...)

Edited by Luke