Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

You are missing something.

A (simplified) SSL block to, say, cast Magic Missile on a nearby enemy might look like

IF TRIGGER
	TargetBlock(PCsInOrder)
	TriggerBlock(SpellTurn|MinorGlobe)
THEN DO
	Action(Spell,WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE)
END

and would expand into

IF
	HaveSpell(WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE)
	See([PC])
	!CheckStatGT([PC],0,MINORGLOBE)
	!CheckStatGT([PC],0,WIZARD_SPELL_TURNING)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Spell([PC],WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE)
END
IF
	See(SecondNearest([PC]))
	!CheckStatGT(SecondNearest([PC]),0,MINORGLOBE)
	!CheckStatGT(SecondNearest([PC]),0,WIZARD_SPELL_TURNING)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Spell(SecondNearest([PC]),WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE)
END
IF
	See(ThirdNearest([PC]))
	!CheckStatGT(ThirdNearest([PC]),0,MINORGLOBE)
	!CheckStatGT(ThirdNearest([PC]),0,WIZARD_SPELL_TURNING)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Spell(ThirdNearest([PC]),WIZARD_MAGIC_MISSILE)
END

On your proposal we'd only get the first block.

Now suppose the three nearest PCs to the caster are, in order, (1) Aerie, who is protected by Minor Globe of Invulnerability; (2) Nalia, who is protected by Spell Turning; (3) Minsc. The object identifiers [PC], SecondNearest([PC]), and ThirdNearest([PC]) resolve, respectively, to Aerie, Nalia, and Minsc. The first and second blocks' trigger sections return false. The third block triggers, and the mage casts Magic Missile at Minsc.

On your proposal, the first block returns false, because Aerie has Minor Globe. The script doesn't check Nalia or Minsc; it moves on to whatever its next spell is. Sequentially checking multiple targets for the same spell is space-consuming and tedious to do manually (this more than anything else is what I wrote SSL for) but it's central to how SCS spell-targeting works.

3 hours ago, DavidW said:

On your proposal, the first block returns false, because Aerie has Minor Globe. The script doesn't check Nalia or Minsc; it moves on to whatever its next spell is.

Yes, you're right.

I somehow expected [PC] to naturally expand into SecondNearest([PC]), ThirdNearest([PC]), etc. even without explicitly listing them in the script... I mean, SpellCastOnMe([PC],0) returns true even if the PC casting the spell is not the nearest one, and that's what deceived me in the first place...

Guess I'm failing to understand what they [object specifiers] are checked every time they are referenced means...

Edited by Luke
19 hours ago, DavidW said:

SpellCastOnMe([identifier],0) returns true if the object that cast a spell on the creature matches the identifier.

Are you saying that when using object selectors, SecondNearest, ThirdNearest, etc. are meaningless for "SpellCastOnMe([identifier],0)"...? So when I say "SpellCastOnMe([PC],0)", it doesn't matter if the Party Member casting the spell is the nearest one or not... The only thing that matters is that its allegiance is PC...

And I guess the same holds for HitBy(), AttackedBy(), NumCreature\(LT\|GT\)?()...

Hi,

I've been testing a BGEE install with spell revisions revised and SCS and the Smarter Priests section installs with warnings which seems to be some parsing error according to log. Not sure if it anything bad or not so I thought I would ask. I attached the error log as well as the one listing all the mods and components installed for easy reference.

Thanks for the great mod and hope anyone can help :)

ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-stratagems-6040-Error.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Log-Finished-Installation-2021.09.28-16꞉16.log

Edited by Flipper

Hello. First of all - thanks for the great mod, really enjoied it on several playthroughs.

Now onto the problem: installed arcane and divine packs, plus all ai components. Prior to installing switched 'keep alignment restrictions for cure and cause wounds' to 1in ini. Everything installed without errors, but checking several cure and cause spells in nearinfinity i saw that none of them had any alignment exclusion flags. Weird.

So, the question is: if by setting this ini setting to1 the spells aren't altered, then what about distribution to npcs? Do they get them based on alignment or just all of them, meaning that code does nothing on v34? Thanks in advance.

20 hours ago, Flipper said:

Hi,

I've been testing a BGEE install with spell revisions revised and SCS and the Smarter Priests section installs with warnings which seems to be some parsing error according to log. Not sure if it anything bad or not so I thought I would ask. I attached the error log as well as the one listing all the mods and components installed for easy reference.

Thanks for the great mod and hope anyone can help :)

ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Debug-stratagems-6040-Error.log ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Log-Finished-Installation-2021.09.28-16꞉16.log

Lianos found out that:

In ...\stratagems\priest\spellchoices_defensive\demivrgvs\druid.tph Line 41 a bracket is missing.

PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null
should be
PUSH_RANDOM spells (DEFENSIVE_HARMONY null)

This fixed it for me.

This also fixed the issue for me as well.

3 hours ago, Guest Sprutto said:

Hello. First of all - thanks for the great mod, really enjoied it on several playthroughs.

Now onto the problem: installed arcane and divine packs, plus all ai components. Prior to installing switched 'keep alignment restrictions for cure and cause wounds' to 1in ini. Everything installed without errors, but checking several cure and cause spells in nearinfinity i saw that none of them had any alignment exclusion flags. Weird.

So, the question is: if by setting this ini setting to1 the spells aren't altered, then what about distribution to npcs? Do they get them based on alignment or just all of them, meaning that code does nothing on v34? Thanks in advance.

That switch is obsolete (iirc) - I must have missed it when updating the readme.

Guest Sybarite

Just wanted to check if this is expected behaviour. This is BG2EE I have only Ascension and SCS installed. Of note I do not have the improved NPC customisation part installed (it left Jaheira at level one). 

My Fighter/Mage hit 250k XP to level up at 125k for fighter. Immediately both Viconia and Mazzy were set to 250k XP having been significantly lower than this. Yoshimo who was higher was unaffected, Minsc who was 3k below was unaffected (but was also dead). I half expected Minsc to then be set to the same as the char when next levelled up at 135k XP for mage, but no effect.

I'm not aware of anything I've installed advertising that this should  happen. I don't really want to abandon the playthrough and can live with it if it's just equalising the NPCs with the main character where lower.

I'm not really sure how to answer that. It's not as if I ever intentionally release unstable versions; however, testing in the wild usually produces instabilities. I'm not currently aware of anything significant but I only do updates as and when I have time and I only carefully comb this thread when that happens. Professional software would have a bunch of beta or prerelease versions, a further assessment period, then an official 'stable' release, but this is not professional software, it's a hobby project I do in my spare time (and even for professional software the 'stable' release isn't always).

Hallo,
I might have one of those instabilities here ;). One question first though: Why are you editing .itm files during the installation of the IWD arcane spells and how are you choosing which get edited. What is currently happening in my installation is that I get the following Error message when I try to install comp 1500.

Spoiler

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [ax1h04.itm.itm] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [AX1H04.ITM.BAK] -> [override/AX1H04.ITM.BAK] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [ax1h04.itm.itm] not found for 'COPY'"))
Stopping installation because of error.

The first time this happened it happened with the file AEGIS.itm instead of the above one but the error message/log was the same and I thought well I have one of those lying around in a backup folder so I copied it over and it generated the above one instead. Next I switched to a folder of a clean EET install and neither the error message nor the items he currently asks for were anywhere in the log after a successful installation. And that got me wondering, as both of the files the script wants here were edited by a component in the TNT mod but that would have come later in the install order I'm currently using as I split the IWD spells of to install after SRR but before the kits/tweaks and SCS AI components. Does SCS keep somehow track of edited files or something like that, can it be reset or do I have to start over from my clean installation? Note that the installation that produces this error is one I had to roll back due to a bug in SRR, and was previously done with SCS 33.
Current log and debug attached should you want them.

weidu.log setup-stratagems.debug