Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

Guest Spacepilot_Rooster

Hey, I just tried installing the newest version on OSX and got an error. It occurs no matter which component I select.

ERROR: Sys_error("weidu_external/lib/lib_ini.tpa: No such file or directory")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Using Language [English]
[English] has 2 top-level TRA files
[stratagems/lang/english/setup.tra] has 219 translation strings

2 hours ago, suy said:

Just "filename" should work, but I think it needs to be executable, unless AT_EXIT takes care of it, somehow. The one that for sure works is "sh filename" (no need to end in ".sh").

OK, so just to check I'm not being stupid, if I

1. create a text file called stratagems.sh, whose contents are 'weinstall %MOD_FOLDER% --uninstall --force-install-list blah';
  2. put that text file in weidu_external/batch;
  3. typed 'sh weidu_external/batch/stratagems' (/ rather than \, yes?) at the command line

the result would be the same as entering 'weinstall %MOD_FOLDER% --uninstall --force-install-list blah' at the command line?

& this is Linux, not OSX, yes?

Hi,

I am having problems installing the new version of SCS.  I keep getting this error message

ERROR: cannot convert SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only or %SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only% to an integer
ERROR: [STRATAGEMS/IWDSPELLS/COPYOVER/WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE/#TROLLIS.EFF] -> [override/#TROLLIS.EFF] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 269 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
Uninstalled    269 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
ERROR: Not_found
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Using Language [English]

Could someone please help me with this issue? Thank you

Hello, I think I found a bug in batch installation. If you install a component "A" first and then choose to install let's say component "B" in batch mode, the component "A" will be uninstalled and never installed during batch. So in fact, batch mode overrides previous installation.

2 hours ago, DavidW said:

I'm afraid I triaged that one as too much of an edge case. The parse errors are probably harmless.

Oh okay.

I thought it was an easy change in your SSL code. I do think it's harmless like you say but it's a bit annoying to have almost 300.000 parse errors during installation. 😄

Thanks for v34!

11 minutes ago, DavidW said:

When you ran batch mode, you should have been asked about 'A' too - 'reinstall/uninstall/no change/quit'. What did you answer?

Yes, there was a question about component "A" again, so I chose "No change", as it should be already installed (I thought so). But it looks like "No change" is the same as "No install" for installer during batch.

11 hours ago, DavidW said:

OK, so just to check I'm not being stupid, if I

1. create a text file called stratagems.sh, whose contents are 'weinstall %MOD_FOLDER% --uninstall --force-install-list blah';
  2. put that text file in weidu_external/batch;
  3. typed 'sh weidu_external/batch/stratagems' (/ rather than \, yes?) at the command line

the result would be the same as entering 'weinstall %MOD_FOLDER% --uninstall --force-install-list blah' at the command line?

& this is Linux, not OSX, yes?

3 should be "sh weidu_external/batch/stratagems.sh" because in 1 you named it "stratagems.sh". Sorry if I confused you about "not needing the '.sh'". I mean that the file doesn't need any naming to work (you could call it "stratagems.png"), but you need to execute it with the exact same name (no extensions omitted). The slashes should definitely be forward (which IIRC nowadays also work on Windows and on any mainstream OS).

And this should also work on Mac OS X, provided they have a weidu/weinstall in their path... I don't know if that's customary for them, though. I only know @subtledoctor as macOS user, and I understand he just uses his GUI.

15 hours ago, DavidW said:

I'm afraid I triaged that one as too much of an edge case. The parse errors are probably harmless.

@Salk

On BG2:EE stat #109 WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT is known as CLERIC_HALLOW, whereas on classic BG2 is known as PROFICIENCYGUN.

That's (probably) why BGT players are getting that parse error...

Edited by Luke
On 9/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, DavidW said:

There are about 15 new lines in tactical_bg1.tra for the new Carsa/Kahrk component, plus the component name itself in setup.tra. I *think* that's it.

... oh, wait: there's also a new tra file in iwdspells/lang, though most of the lines are from the old iwdspells tra files in the main lang directory.

French translation is updated, I've launched a PR on github. Thanks for your time. ;)