Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

42 minutes ago, Jazira said:

French translation is updated, I've launched a PR on github. Thanks for your time.

Thanks! - but as Roberciiik pointed out above, I forgot to traify dw#carsa.d and carsa_add.d. I'll do so in 34.1 (probably released later today); I assume it makes sense to wait till you've had a chance to do those lines too before including the updated translation?

29 minutes ago, DavidW said:

Thanks! - but as Roberciiik pointed out above, I forgot to traify dw#carsa.d and carsa_add.d. I'll do so in 34.1 (probably released later today); I assume it makes sense to wait till you've had a chance to do those lines too before including the updated translation?

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread.

Sure, as soon as you upload the .TRA, I'll update the PR.

edit: Or you could merge the active PR and I make a second one, it will be the same at the end. As you wish. ;)

Edited by Jazira
6 hours ago, Luke said:

@Salk

On BG2:EE stat #109 WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT is known as CLERIC_HALLOW, whereas on classic BG2 is known as PROFICIENCYGUN.

That's (probably) why BGT players are getting that parse error...

Hello @Luke!

Thanks for the assistance. I was convinced that the problem came from the .ini setting I (and few others) use to prevent the AI to detect protective equipment but If that is not the case and the issue comes from the different named stat #109, is there something I can do on my side to remedy it?

Edited by Salk
23 minutes ago, Salk said:

Hello @Luke!

Thanks for the assistance. I was convinced that the problem came from the .ini setting I (and few others) use to prevent the AI to detect protective equipment but If that is not the case and the issue comes from the different named stat #109, is there something I can do on my side to remedy it?

Do you mean you've set 

• AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items (0) - set this to 1 and enemies will completely fail to notice your protective magical items. (This is likely to cause some odd behaviour.)

to 1?

2 questions please:

1) Is it okay to use DLC Merge instead of modmerge for GoG version 2.6.6.0 of BGEE and SoD as the prerequisite for this mod?

2) With the current install failing for the Icewind dale spells, is it okay to start a game and then add the spells later after a fix is posted?

Thank You

54 minutes ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Do you mean you've set 

• AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items (0) - set this to 1 and enemies will completely fail to notice your protective magical items. (This is likely to cause some odd behaviour.)

to 1?

Yes.

46 minutes ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Do you mean you've set 

to 1

@Salk

Just out of curiosity, open your local copy of "STATS.IDS" with something like NearInfinity and check what's the ID of stat #109. It'll be most likely different from WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT...

33 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Salk

Just out of curiosity, open your local copy of "STATS.IDS" with something like NearInfinity and check what's the ID of stat #109. It'll be most likely different from WEAPON_ENCHANTMENT...

It's PROFICIENCYGUN, but isn't that the same for all people installing SCS on classic BG2 or BGT?

I mean, if it was indeed the culprit, wouldn't we have the SCS Forum full of reports about those nasty parse errors?

Edited by Salk

I received a number (though more like ~50) of parse errors like this...

[tb#_compile_eval_buffer/weidu_external/workspace\ssl_out\dw#hlgla.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 878 column 1-46
Near Text: )
    [CheckStat] argument [MIND_BLANK] not found in [Stats.IDS]

...when installing General Smarter AI on a game with a weidu.log that looks like this:

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #108 // Allow Equipping Armor in Combat: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Disable Experience Boost: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #110 // Disable Force Inventory Pause: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Level One Proficiency Restrictions: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #119 // Remove all race-class restrictions: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #123 // Enable Auto-Pause On All Screens: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: Beta 0025
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v13
~BGT/BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: v1.21
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4099 // Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills: 34
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 34
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 34

General Smarter AI was the only one that I installed. I did not make any changes to any of the .inis.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y0h3qdk96ep6scd/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG

Edited by Bartimaeus
1 hour ago, Salk said:

Yes.

Isn't the change you made in the .ini countering SCS purpose ? If I read a reasonable explanation I can think about changing the .ini setting too, because I had never thought why you would do that at all. 

14 minutes ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Isn't the change you made in the .ini countering SCS purpose ? If I read a reasonable explanation I can think about changing the .ini setting too, because I had never thought why you would do that at all. 

Not the way I see it.

DavidW kindly produced that particular .ini setting quite a few years ago for my own benefit and for a few others' that did not like the fact that the AI was capable of opposing a strategy that benefits of the perfect knowledge of the party's protective items.

My view was very different. The AI should only be allowed to learn about protection against spells only after being unsuccessful. This is how it is for the Player and I felt it was only fair that it should be so for the AI as well.

Since v32, the AI became less effective at detecting the party's protective items (unless the AI_Is_Omniscient flag is set to 1). They would now need to fail once in order to stop using an ineffective spell. That is a good compromise overall.

But the reason for a spell to fail may well lie in the target's successful saving against it. A spell could be ineffective because the target simply resisted it or because of a temporary buff.

I personally still prefer keeping the AI oblivious to protective items because of that.

Despite "crippling" their strategy, I found that the SCS AI is still way better than the original's. Especially in the BG1 portion of the game when playing BGT.

Edited by Salk