Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

@Bartimaeus

Any chance there's a stray copy of 'dvimhere.mrk' lying around in your override folder? There shouldn't be, given that mod load, but I can't otherwise see how the problem you're describing could happen. (It's a consequence of the 'friendly_fiends' function being run early enough in the install order that it tries to do AI before detectable spells and the difficulty system are in place - that only happens when demivrgvs=1, which in turn is set according to whether 'dvimhere.mrk' exists.

In any case, this is showing up a minor compatibility problem between SCS and SR.

3 minutes ago, DavidW said:

@Bartimaeus

Any chance there's a stray copy of 'dvimhere.mrk' lying around in your override folder? There shouldn't be, given that mod load, but I can't otherwise see how the problem you're describing could happen. (It's a consequence of the 'friendly_fiends' function being run early enough in the install order that it tries to do AI before detectable spells and the difficulty system are in place - that only happens when demivrgvs=1, which in turn is set according to whether 'dvimhere.mrk' exists.

In any case, this is showing up a minor compatibility problem between SCS and SR.

Looks there is, good call. That's my bad - guess something didn't quite fully uninstall at some point when I was doing a number of different tests. Anything else you want me to test with a ToBEx while I'm at it (...but better and more cleanly)? :p

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, DavidW said:
2 hours ago, Salk said:

Yes.

I'm going to need someone to confirm that we get these parse errors on a BGT install without the anomalous ini setting, before i look at it more closely.

For what it worth, and with "AI_Does_Not_Detect_Items = 0", I have also 300 000 "warnings" in mega-mod installation with, among others, IWDification vb6 and SCS v33.7 : parse errors for [ALLIED_AND_SAME_ALIGNMENT_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL], [ALLIED_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL], [BENEFICIAL_PRAYER] , [BENEFICIAL_RECITATION]  -- but there is no [ENCHANTMENT_IMMUNITY] parse error.

Those warnings come from : 'ds_iwd.tpa' and 'ds_scs.tpa' (detectable_spells library) - In those libraries, there are spells that are not recognized correctly

•  in ds_iwd.tpa :

#PRAYERG                           BENEFICIAL_PRAYER
#RECITEG                             BENEFICIAL_RECITATION

%CLERIC_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL%A ALLIED_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL
%CLERIC_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL%B ALLIED_AND_SAME_ALIGNMENT_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL

%A and %B , #PRAYERG.spl and #RECITEG.spl don't exist with IWDification vb6

• in ds_scs.tpa :

CLERIC_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL:A     BUFF_ENHANCEMENT
CLERIC_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL:B     ALLIED_RIGHTEOUS_WRATH_OF_THE_FAITHFUL

the :A, :B, don't exist with IWDification vb6

However, I think that all those parse errors would be solved with new versions of IWDification and SCS...

Edited by TotoR

It's serendipity actually - I'm pretty sure you'd have had the same bug with SR+SCS, which I didn't know about (I didn't test on SR this time around) and I think I've now fixed it.

I don't think there's any tests I immediately need done - I did tests with BG2/TUTU (though not BGT) and got a clean install, and I'm also going to release 34.1 in an hour or two once it's passed its install checks, so it probably makes sense to wait for that.

1 hour ago, Salk said:

It's PROFICIENCYGUN, but isn't that the same for all people installing SCS on classic BG2 or BGT?

I mean, if it was indeed the culprit, wouldn't we have the SCS Forum full of reports about those nasty parse errors?

Indeed. Plus, I did an install check on classic BG2 (though not BGT) before releasing v34, and it installed cleanly.

11 minutes ago, DavidW said:

It's serendipity actually - I'm pretty sure you'd have had the same bug with SR+SCS, which I didn't know about (I didn't test on SR this time around) and I think I've now fixed it.

I don't think there's any tests I immediately need done - I did tests with BG2/TUTU (though not BGT) and got a clean install, and I'm also going to release 34.1 in an hour or two once it's passed its install checks, so it probably makes sense to wait for that.

Alright, sounds good. I'll be working with a *true* clean install this time...:p

1 hour ago, Salk said:

Cut

Thanks for sharing your opinion. But wouldnt changing the .ini make it so that enemies will never be able to detect your equipment at all? Also i didnt understand the reply above by DavidW

On 9/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, DavidW said:

There are several more bugs and 2.6 problems I've been informed of via Beamdog that didn't make it into v34 (I was only checking G3) but which I'll get to quite soon, so users might want to hold off installing for a day or so unless they're in a screaming hurry.

Waiting with eager anticipation. :)  Truly incredible mod.

34.1 is now available.

• Aec'letec can now be killed on EE installs (critical incompability with 2.6).
  • Revised batch mode a bit to deal better with reinstalls.
  • Fixed a library-file glitch which was preventing installation of IWD spells on some installs.
  • Creatures that are summoned offscreen by mages and priests are now summoned using the correct level of the spell, instead of the lowest level.
  • Wand of Spell Striking now reduces MR by 20% rather than a level-dependent amount.
  • Rakshasas and liches are no longer immune to the cleric version of True Seeing.
  • Mind flayers have grown tired of waiting for unber hulks to turn up and now work with umber hulks instead (typo in level-dependent spawn component).
  • Improved the handling of non-English-language numbers in the 'increased cost of Spellhold' component.
  • Carsa's new dialog entries are now tra-ified, so they can be translated into non-English languages; so are a couple of stray phrases from the spell tweaks. (Thanks to Roberciik for spotting these.)
  • Smarter Mages modifies Mae'var's Shadow Armor so that it permits spellcasting, rather than removing it entirely from the game. (I thought of just giving it to someone else but the description is a very good fit to Mae'var specifically.)
  • The 'casting failure' icon from beholder/hive mother antimagic rays now has the correct duration.
  • 7th and 8th level druids no longer illegally get Iron Skins.
  • Beholders now use their central eye to destroy illusions (e.g. the Mislead spell clone).
  • Rearranged the order in which we install Detectable Spells and the spell-tweak system, hopefully sorting out a minor compatibility issue with SR.
  • Fire Elemental token now grants correct Dexterity and number of attacks.
4 hours ago, Salk said:

It's PROFICIENCYGUN, but isn't that the same for all people installing SCS on classic BG2 or BGT?

I mean, if it was indeed the culprit, wouldn't we have the SCS Forum full of reports about those nasty parse errors?

There is a reasonable chance that 34.1 fixes this.

Guest the_sextein

Thanks for the continued support David.  This mod is the only way to keep this game interesting after all of these years.  I've been hoping for a new release since V2.66 dropped earlier this year.  Looks like I'm going to start a new game today.🙂