Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

40 minutes ago, adamsmith9292 said:

Hello, I was trying to install this as part of my EE Mod Setup and hitting this issue:

My best guess would be a mod conflict here caused by a bad installation order.

The tool's maintainer forces a bad installation order on you with the Trials of the Luremaster mod getting installed before SCS's spell components. The ToTLM mod expects to come after SCS's (or IWDification's) IWD spell import but if it can't find those, it'll perform it's own cruder and limited-in-scope conversion which will error out when it's SCS's turn to convert the spells over.

Try it without the Trials of Luremaster conversion. Or better, abandon that trash being EE Mod Setup.

Edited by Graion Dilach
6 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

The tool's maintainer forces a bad installation order on you with the Trials of the Luremaster mod getting installed before SCS's spell components. The ToTLM mod expects to come after SCS's (or IWDification's) IWD spell import but if it can't find those, it'll perform it's own cruder and limited-in-scope conversion which will error out when it's SCS's turn to convert the spells over.

Try it without the Trials of Luremaster conversion. Or better, abandon that trash being EE Mod Setup.

I was hitting this error yesterday when installing SCS v34 as part of an EET setup that did not include Trials of the Luremaster. When installing with SCS v34.1 instead, I stopped getting this error (note that SCS v34.1 IWD arcane/divine spells looks like it might have a different compatibility issue currently, documented elsewhere on this thread).

50 minutes ago, adamsmith9292 said:

Hello, I was trying to install this as part of my EE Mod Setup and hitting this issue:

ERROR Installing [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 115 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
Uninstalled    115 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1500.
ERROR: Not_found
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 389309 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

C:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: cannot convert SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only or %SFO_eff_v2_extended_data_IMOEN_DV_child_only% to an integer
ERROR: [STRATAGEMS/IWDSPELLS/COPYOVER/WIZARD_TROLLISH_FORTITUDE/#TROLLIS.EFF] -> [override/#TROLLIS.EFF] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
ERROR: Not_found
Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

I have attached the SETUP-STRATEGMS.DEBUG.7Z

I'm fairly new to modding so not sure what to do. I tried moving the #TROLLIS.EFF over manually to override but got the same error after retrying. Any advice?

SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG.7z 46.02 kB · 1 download

You’re not using the latest version of the mod.

For the record, I accidentally have tested the IWD import after ToTLM with IWDification RC1 two weeks ago and that errored out the components, so even the update to 34.1 might not ensure the install to be error-prone with that install order.

And the log attached had ToTLM installed.

A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2  0  0 Installed
A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2  0 20 Installed
A7-TOTLM-BG2EE/A7-TOTLM-BG2EE.TP2  0 30 Installed

Edited by Graion Dilach
5 minutes ago, adamsmith9292 said:

Thanks for the helpful responses.

Yeah, I wasn't installing with TotLM. So just to clarify, v34 has this issue with the troll fortitude bug and v34.1 isn't working with Spell Revisions at this time?

I think spell revisions being the conflicting mod is a working theory at this point in time (I never actually removed spell revisions fully and verified that I can install SCS IWD spells without it), but otherwise that's my understanding, yes.

5 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Try it without the Trials of Luremaster conversion. Or better, abandon that trash being EE Mod Setup.

What would you recommend instead of EE Mod Setup?

If you install just SCS and a couple other mods, you can do it manually easily enough, but what do you do if you want to use 20-30 smaller mods?

I have the strangest bug to report. It's actually from v.33, but from the changelog I see nothing about it.

It concerns Smarter Beholders and... Cernd. Using IMPROVED difficulty, but tried insane too. I found the problem in the beholders lair during the cult quest. First of all Gauths get confused by Cernd greater werewolf innate magic resist. After a few failed spells, despite positive ones too, they seem to think Cernd is completely immune to magic and go melee permanently on Cernd only. This maybe works with normal characters with high magic resists too, couldn't test.

The strangest thing happens when Cernd meets alone larger beholders with or without a pack of gauths. The beholder will first cast antimagic ray on Cernd, setting his magic resist to 100, failing all their successive spells, and when the antimagic ray disappear they stop casting spells altogether, floating around confused, and sometimes attacking in melee when close and sometimes following slowly, making them as dangerous as kittens. It happens even with Cernd in human form when entering the map and without items equipped and only ironskin as buff! This doesn't happen with any other character in my party, only sometimes the beholders "hang" a little after the antimagic ray. When in this case the antimagic ray effect disappear, the beholders continue their spells barrage until victory. If I send the whole party invisible, and Cernd is near, in human form and with only ironskin, and then I talk to a beholder with a single party member one after another, they all get destroyed, until is Cernd turn, where the beholders don't even cast any spells on him and just stand around dumbfounded. I have no components or mods that alter shapeshifting or Cernd in any way I know installed. Playing without EE.

This is nothing major, but It's so fun I had to report it. Cernd in my game has become the strongest and most useful character, so strong that even weird positive bugs only affect him. Who would have thought.

Just a quick question. Is there anything major that's going to be fixed shortly, or is it safe to start a new playthrough using v34.1?

The question is more about BG1, since I will be able to install a newer version of SCS once I get to BG2 (if it comes out in between, that is). I've fixed the druid.tph problem locally, so this issue doesn't concern me.

v34.2 is now out.

• Updated French, Polish, and Russian translations.
  • Druid spell allocation now works correctly on non-IWD installs
  • Another tweak to the batch-mode installer (to enforce component order on reinstall).
  • Description for Mordenkainen's Force Missiles is now correct.
  • Fixed a bunch of compatibility issues between Spell Revisions and the IWD spells components (mostly on oBG2).
  • Fixed some problems with 'Improved NPC customization and management: cleric/mages get spells; thieves don't regain their bonus-skill abilities on rejoining the party.
  • Reverted a mistaken (undocumented) fix to the spellhold-cost component.