Sword Coast Stratagems v34 (edit: 34.3) now available

It means you can select all the components at once, then go and have a coffee while they all install. You dont, e.g., have to select to install Smarter Mages, wait 10 minutes, then select to install Smarter Priests.

(It isn't recommended for tweaking your install later, because it will uninstall and reinstall the whole mod.)

DavidW

Hello! First of all thanks for your mod!

[update] problem solved with 34.2 release :)

I have problem while

SCS 34.1 installation. Druids in "Smarter Priests" component ruin current EET  install (13.4 / 2.6.6.0). I've attached weidu.log but nothing special there - no tweaks or revisions, quest mods only..

Exactly the same warnings on all druids, but not clerics:

Copying and patching 1 file ...
[./override/DRUID8A.CRE] loaded, 1572 bytes

Determining spells and script for DRUID8A
loading 2 tra files
[weidu_external/lang/STRATAGEMS/english/priest.tra] has 11 translation strings
[weidu_external/lang/STRATAGEMS/RUSSIAN/priest.tra] has 11 translation strings
Copied [temp_file] to [weidu_external/workspace/temp_file2] (NO BACKUP MADE!)

Including file(s) spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph
[STRATAGEMS/priest/spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph] loaded, 4841 bytes
Copied [STRATAGEMS/priest/spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph] to [weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph]

[weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 49 column 1-70
Near Text: BARKSKIN
    GLR parse error

[weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph]  ERROR at line 49 column 1-70
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [DRUID8A.CRE] -> [override/DRUID8A.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)

Failed to patch DRUID8A.CRE; error message was Parsing.Parse_error

Failed to patch DRUID8A.CRE; error message was Parsing.Parse_error
[weidu_external/data/STRATAGEMS/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 6428 bytes
Appending to files ...
[weidu_external/data/STRATAGEMS/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 6428 bytes
Appended text to [weidu_external/data/STRATAGEMS/sfo_warnings.txt]

[weidu_external/workspace/spellchoices_defensive/vanilla/druid.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 49 column 1-70
    GLR parse error

^ this one while trying patching all druid *.CREs

[update]

i've checked that sppr202.spl (barkskin spell) appeared in override folder after Ascension 2.0.20 install (may be this info can help to solve the problem..)

WeiDU.log WeiDU-BGEE.log

Edited by redwood
17 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I have this recollection that stat 109 wasn't even used anymore...? Maybe my memory is wrong. Hm... why did I think that?

Correct, at least on EE games, where you might want to use script triggers "WeaponEffectiveVs()" and "WeaponCanDamage()" to detect if you can hit a creature with your currently equipped weapon / ammo...

Edited by Luke

Spell Alicron´s Lance is bugged in the latest version (34.2). When it is cast, it repeats itself until the target is dead. Now it is the strongest spell in the game, it kills anybody (maybe magic resistatnce can stop it). The animation of the spell is also different than in previous versions. It resembles Implosion, druid HLA ability/spell. 

16 minutes ago, Guest Velehal said:

Spell Alicron´s Lance is bugged in the latest version (34.2). When it is cast, it repeats itself until the target is dead. Now it is the strongest spell in the game, it kills anybody (maybe magic resistatnce can stop it). The animation of the spell is also different than in previous versions. It resembles Implosion, druid HLA ability/spell. 

Which version of the game are you using, and do you have Spell Revisions installed?

Hi David - thanks as always for your hard work. There should be a statue of you around the Trademeet fountain. I have a feature request/idea: more realistic bears. For the same reason you find killing wolves to be unpleasant, I suspect many players find killing bears to be a downer. And, like wolves, they rarely attack in the wild. Just a thought... Sorry if this wasn't the time or place to post such a request.

21 minutes ago, OrlonKronsteen said:

Hi David - thanks as always for your hard work. There should be a statue of you around the Trademeet fountain.

As Easter Eggs go, that might be on the egotistical side!

21 minutes ago, OrlonKronsteen said:

I have a feature request/idea: more realistic bears. For the same reason you find killing wolves to be unpleasant, I suspect many players find killing bears to be a downer. And, like wolves, they rarely attack in the wild. Just a thought... Sorry if this wasn't the time or place to post such a request.

Perfectly good place to post it. 

That said, I'm not immediately sure what it would involve. The default bear script has them mind their own business unless you get within quite short range, whereupon they attack. I guess I could randomize it so they sometimes ignore you or back away - was that what you had in mind? (I think bears ought to attack at least some of the time if you get close to them.)

3 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

maybe a mod that makes bears neutral if there is a druid in your party? 

It's already true in the unmodded game (EE or BG2, though not TUTU) that bears don't go hostile if druids or rangers approach them. They'll go hostile if a non-ranger non-druid approaches them even if there's one in your party, though.

15 minutes ago, DavidW said:

I guess I could randomize it so they sometimes ignore you or back away - was that what you had in mind? (I think bears ought to attack at least some of the time if you get close to them.)

That is exactly what I had in mind, especially with the large brown bears (and/or cave bears?) that are quite aggressive - as soon as you are in their range of sight they attack. I agree that bears should attack sometimes, maybe if you get too close. Poking the bear, so to speak.

16 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I'm 99% sure there is already a mod that does this... or maybe a mod that makes bears neutral if there is a druid in your party?  Or maybe both.

I had no idea there was such a mod. Nor did I know, as David points out, that druids and rangers can approach bears in the unmodded game without making them hostile. Very cool.

If IWD spells and Spell Revisions spells are both installed, we now use the IWD spell lists, not the SR ones. (You can reverse this in stratagems.ini.)

What does 'we now use' imply here?  Does this mean that NPC magic users will default to IWD spells in their rollout, but SR spells continue to co-exist for player use?