Question to install order [split from SR Revised V1.3.500 (2021 June 7th)]

It took me all night to figure out PI and I just gave up. It is clunky as hell it doesn't save your chosen options and it freezes and blinks like crazy giving me a headache.

I have read F.A.Q 20 times and still couldn't figure out EET Install despite doing shit step by step. The funny thing is that I have Installed this game using Install Tool without much hassle.

I have added A couple of mods in beetwen and so far it works great.

Weidu log

WeiDU.log

53 minutes ago, Hubal said:

It took me all night to figure out PI and I just gave up. It is clunky as hell it doesn't save your chosen options and it freezes and blinks like crazy giving me a headache.

I have read F.A.Q 20 times and still couldn't figure out EET Install despite doing shit step by step. The funny thing is that I have Installed this game using Install Tool without much hassle.

I have added A couple of mods in beetwen and so far it works great.

Weidu log

WeiDU.log 38.14 kB · 1 download

Yeah, I've never used PI, so I really have no advice to give. Your own installation order looks like it should work, though, :).

@Bartimaeus PI does not provide an install order and never will. The entire mindset behind it is that the tool maintainer shouldn't be responsible for constantly pandering to mods with tracking their status and updates and be responsible to provide the correct mod ordering so it offloads all this to be done by the user themselves with allowing the user to manually order the mods the way they see appropriate (which either works, either not). Roxanne's BWS fork provides one horrible installation order, which only works with a selected subset of combinations because her lack of care outside her specific gamestyle.

@Hubal If you need help for PI, there was that Discord link in the first post of PI's topic where there are people who would help you getting PI and your install order set up. I don't know how you built that installation, and that might have worked for SRR, but EBG1/Transitions are way too late and should come before all the questmods, while Dragonspear++ should come before SCS because this way you lost the ability to finetune SCS difficulty in the options menu (and all of Hidden Game options... also you shouldn't install both LeUI and Dragonspear++).

Edited by Graion Dilach
1 hour ago, Graion Dilach said:

PI does not provide an install order and never will.

But it can import weidu.logs, right? That’s partly why I think it is a good idea for people to post threads about their modded games - if you read something like Cahir’s thread and see things are working well, then you can grab the weidu.log, delete whatever doesn’t apply to your install, and pop it into PI - bam, your install order is sorted. 

Ideally. 

10 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

But it can import weidu.logs, right? That’s partly why I think it is a good idea for people to post threads about their modded games - if you read something like Cahir’s thread and see things are working well, then you can grab the weidu.log, delete whatever doesn’t apply to your install, and pop it into PI - bam, your install order is sorted. 

Ideally. 

It can, I am constantly reimporting my WeiDU/WeiDU-BGEE logs (EET copies over the BG1 WeiDU log to BG2 as the latter).

Being able to import a weidu.log is the best feature I've heard about Project Infinity thus far. It's already possible to automate an entire installation with just any old weidu.exe and weidu.log, but it's...finicky and can lead to broken installs if you don't do it just perfectly. Perhaps next time I complete an install, I'll try using it and seeing how it prepares to my own automation method.

Edited by Bartimaeus

So I have Imported my weidu from Install Tool. It tells me that my install order is fucked up. How do I extract my weidu after I am done with sorting order?

Also what do you think about my installation since you are modders?

Edited by Hubal
16 minutes ago, Hubal said:

So I have Imported my weidu from Install Tool. It tells me that my install order is fucked up. How do I extract my weidu after I am done with sorting order?

Also what do you think about my installation since you are modders?

One thing I'd suggest is that the main component of Spell Revisions is supposed to be installed after the main component of Item Revisions (but before Store Revisions). Right now, you have it the opposite way around with SR coming first and IR coming second. There will be a number of inconsistencies (none game-breaking, but...some missing spell scrolls from stores, some item abilities that don't get updated, stuff like that) as a result of that decision. What I do is:

1. Main component of IR right exactly where you put it.
2. Then the main component of SR immediately after that, with CD/Anthology Tweaks after both (but it's okay to have other stuff in between).
3. The rest of SR right before starting SCS.
4. Finally, the rest of IR more towards the end (for you, specifically, I'd put the rest of IR maybe right after "BG1NPCSOA").

Besides that, I can't see anything outstanding that immediately jumps out to me, but I am admittedly half-asleep right now.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Thats my Install Sequence. And this happened

//Installing [EET core (resource importation)] [V13.4]
//INTERACTIVE = 1
//LANGUAGE = en_US
//argv[0] = p
//argv[1] = E:\EET Project Infinity\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
//Copying and patching 1 file ...
//LANGUAGE_BG2 = en_US
//Creating 1 directory
//Copying 1 file ...
//Copying and patching 2 files ...
//E:\EET Project Infinity\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition directory assigned via auto install batch command
//Enter the full path to your BG:EE+SoD installation then press Enter.
//Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00806
//Invalid directory, or incorrect BG:EE+SoD installation.
//It is safe to abort this installation by closing this window or pressing Ctrl+C.
//Enter the full path to your BG:EE+SoD installation then press Enter.
//Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00806

InstallSequence.csv

Edited by Hubal

BGEE folder is clean Steam version btw.

Alien's FAQ is clearly wrong. Modmerge needs to be installed first.

Q: How to install EET in one go?
A: First, important rule to remember: all mods before EET mod will be installed into the selected BG:SoD game directory.

prepare clean, unmodded (yes, that include no DLCMerger also) SoD and BG2:EE games

make a copy of those games into separate folders

open PI, fill BG2:EE path and  "unmodded "Siege of Dragonspear" game for Enhanced Edition Trilogy"

select BG2:EE from the game list and stick with it

download and extract all mods (including EET) that you want to install into the 'Extracted mods' directory

set the path to this folder at the main PI window, wait until PI finishes scanning the mods

the mod list should now contain mods, locate EET mod (Initialise EET), select it, 

select all other mods that you wish to install

if your mod list contains mods that require to be installed inside BG:SoD (for eg Aerie for BG:EE) prior to installing EET on BG2:EE, move all those mods before EET

move all mods which have native EET compatibility after EET

set correct install order for mods added after and before EET, refer to mods readme or community install order lists

select EET_End and move it at the end of the installation

set install sequence

start installation

when the program asks for BG:SoD path, provide it

Edited by Hubal
5 hours ago, Hubal said:

Alien's FAQ is clearly wrong. Modmerge needs to be installed first.

Modmerge is only needed if you don't want to use DLCMerger for some reason. The modding community in general prefers DLCMerger though because that one can be tracked via WeiDU.log. That mod install sequence has a dozen of mistakes but I'm not sure if you'd accept others fixing it from your overall dismissive tone.