Imoen continuity/xp in EET

I have a few questions regarding Imoen's continuity throughout the series, I googled it extensively but couldn't find a definitive answer.

1 - In vanilla bg2 Imoen starts as a dual classed thief -> mage, do I need to dual class her myself in EET or is this done automatically as well?

2 - I've never actually finished bg2, but I know that she gets kidnapped early on and is only rescued later after you go to spellhold. From what I've read, in vanilla she gets some mage levels while waiting for you, how is this handled in EET? My worry is that she will still be at the same level she was at the end of BG1, which means she would be massively underleveled compared to the rest of the party.

IMHO the way NPC XP are handled in EET is fairly problematic. In SoD you run into Minsc & Dynaheir, and the story presumes that they are off doing their own thing - and gaining XP on their own. But with EET they will be whatever level you last saw them at. If you didn’t takem through BG1 with you, that means they might be 2nd level. Which effectively eliminates two useful NPCs in SoD

That is vastly different from the way the games normally work. If EET aspires to be more of a “platform” than just another mod, then it should not deviate so drastically from the normal game progression. 

(IMO every party join or rejoin event should just run a script that brings within ~50K XP of Charname.)

@Isewein to all I would say without checking again. The EEs have a script for this that work with local variables, and for every moving of the NPCs to the beginning of a game (SoD / SoA/fate spirit ToB), this local variable is set to 0 so the XP adaptation can happen again once when joining.