Replacing ambients

temnix

I'm looking for a way to give all ambients in an area different file names for their lists. Any ideas about how that can be done? fj_structure only adds or deletes ambients, and there is no function like ALTER_AREA_REGION etc. for sounds. I could open the ARE for a REPLACE_TEXTUALLY, but I can't know what the WAV file names will be in advance, nor how long, to end the regular expression. This is for patching a copy of every area so as to keep their numerous and craftily-placed and tuned ambients but make them play sounds from a custom set. If I could, I would replace WAV sound 1 in each with the name of the first prepared sound from my set, WAV no. 2 with the second and so on. This way or some other, the result should be a parallel set of maps. 

Edited by temnix

And not bother you, milord? Well, nobody is dragging you into the topic to reply. I look up these things, of course, but the Weidu readme is not always clear. It lists a bunch of offsets, and which fields do they refer to? For regions, for example, which I'm working on now, it lists seven offsets. But there are many more fields in a region. Is "trigger value," whatever that is, one of them? How about cursor number? Destination area, entrance name... is trapped? Is the trap detected? Try to fit all that into seven fields. I can do the counting off myself, sure, but then it doesn't help to refer me to docs.

Yep. Don't even stay to say what is confused about missing offsets. The guide lists seven, there are more fields, have to count off the bytes myself from the name value for the others.