How much XP does SCS expect at the start of BG2?

Ok so i decided to replay BG2, installed SCS and it is quite difficult, as expected, but then i thought i may be underleveled too and creating unnecessary hurdles. So the starter levels are ranging from lvl7 (original BG 89k), to lvl12( SoD 500k). That's 5 levels and alot of stuff. So i wondered what levels SCS has been tuned to expect. ( and to add with shadowkeeper) thanks.

The first dungeon is where that difference is going to seem to have the most impact, because unlike in most of BG2 where you are defined as much by the stuff you are wearing as your class abilities, in Chateau Irenicus your class abilities and tactics are the only tools available to you. Having access to, say, 6th-level spells versus only 4th-level spells makes a huge difference, especially if you are fighting hardy dwarves instead of pushover goblins. And of course because it is the first dungeon, it makes the first impression about difficulty. Once you get into chapter 2 you very quickly forget those starting conditions.

(And FWIW, on the EEs the starting XP is very easily moddable, I made a mod that includes such a tweak.)

Ye.. I've seen your name elsewhere and have been wondering if you happen to know how to make a barbarian multiclass, part of the reason i've started a new game is i saw they made Barbarian a fighter kit, but my Barbarian/Thief multi is suspiciously still listed as a fighter/thief and i had no opportunity to check if he is even getting barbarian perks, being held back by those hardy dwarves and all.

Edited by Opipo