Separating out the option of changing the stat-setter items into stat-buffers into a component?

Sometimes I quote someone not to contradict, but to springboard off a thought. Frankly adding some EE-only treatment to IR makes some sense as well... but thinking about it more, I’m not sure how well it would work if you used multiple items with the EE “set or boost” functionality. Sounds complex enough for equipped items that I don’t want to deal with testing it. 

On 10/22/2021 at 2:36 AM, CamDawg said:

You can do a staggered approach like this on the EEs, but I'd scale it entirely as bonuses. Have something like the Ogre Gauntlets be +4 STR if the NPC is <9 strength, +3 if they're 9-12, +2 for 13-16, or +1 for 17+.

I'm interested in this and this makes the most sense to me. Can someone give me the list of items IR changes for the setter->buffer mode? I can't find where it even does that in the code and I'd try wrapping this up into a separate mod. I wouldn't install SR/IR for this anyway.

17 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Or maybe an optional component of SR, only visible to EE installs? Making a whole new mod for that seems like overkill. @grodrigues any thoughts on this?

I do not see any point in this. The spells that set stats only target strength (DuHM is self-cast and is already an increment) and that is their role. If you already have high strength use DuHM, Righteous Magic, etc. if available, or potions, items, etc. The only thing I would change in the existing set-strength spells (three if memory serves me, two of them self only) is to offset the detrimental effect of actually lowering your strength. I could see how to implement it in EE but not in the classical editions and honestly, is it even worth it? And by "worth it" I mean, given the time constraints and all the other things I would like to do.