HTaM: Bug Reports and Problems

Hmm... probably some minor incompability with Fade NPC in very specific circumstances. 

Loaded earlier save (before recevieng Beshaba quest) and all was ok. Also despawned Aran using C:, this time Fade spawned correctly and Aran gave me the Mook mission. All good.

On 11/11/2021 at 12:58 PM, InKal said:

Can't continue the main story. Completed the Beshaba quest and Aran is still asking "have you completed your mission"?

This problem has already disappeared if I understood correctly?

Perhaps Fade NPC mod also changes the of Aran's hideout area and therefore there was a slight incompatibility. I have not tested how these mods work together.

Edited by Austin

Great mod but here are some (minor) bugs I've encountered (in addition to those I mentioned in the other thread):

A thief appears in Chapter 3 to offer the party the "Beshaba's Curse" quest, requesting that they meet with Renal Bloodscalp. However, in my game the party had sided with Bodhi and had wiped out the Shadow Thieves by the time this thief appeared. (Amusingly, he appeared right in front of the Graveyard entrance to Bodhi's lair.)

Also, Anomen gives some of Edwin's dialogue when speaking with Saemon Havarian at the end of chapter 3. Anomen and Neera also give strange comments to SH in chapter 4 (around the time when SH asks the party to steal Desharik's boat). Anomen says something like "Senior Clerk" and then "Bank Guardian"; Neera says "Batch".

3 hours ago, Guest Zeno said:

A thief appears in Chapter 3 to offer the party the "Beshaba's Curse" quest, requesting that they meet with Renal Bloodscalp. However, in my game the party had sided with Bodhi and had wiped out the Shadow Thieves by the time this thief appeared. (Amusingly, he appeared right in front of the Graveyard entrance to Bodhi's lair.)

Also, Anomen gives some of Edwin's dialogue when speaking with Saemon Havarian at the end of chapter 3. 

Thanks a lot, I'll check it out!

3 hours ago, Guest Zeno said:

Anomen and Neera also give strange comments to SH in chapter 4 (around the time when SH asks the party to steal Desharik's boat). Anomen says something like "Senior Clerk" and then "Bank Guardian"; Neera says "Batch".

I'll check this too, but I didn't have such bugs when testing. I guess the problem is not mod. This confusion of phrases is usually the result of reinstalling mods (when the mods were not completely removed or uninstalled incorrectly)

Edited by Austin

I checked it - and it turned out that I made a typo in the name of the tra-file and because of this, the wrong lines were added in the dialogues with Saemon and several other characters in Brynnlow! :(
Thank you so much for finding this bug and my apologies!
I have already fixed this bug and released version 3.6.1!
https://www.gibberlings3.net/files/file/1027-heroes-thieves-and-moneylenders/
https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/releases/tag/v.3.6.1
The first problem you wrote about has also been fixed, an additional check has been added and the courier will no longer appear if the player decides to work for Bodhi.

Edited by Austin
On 12/4/2021 at 12:34 AM, Austin said:

I checked it - and it turned out that I made a typo in the name of the tra-file and because of this, the wrong lines were added in the dialogues with Saemon and several other characters in Brynnlow! :(
Thank you so much for finding this bug and my apologies!
I have already fixed this bug and released version 3.6.1!
https://www.gibberlings3.net/files/file/1027-heroes-thieves-and-moneylenders/
https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/releases/tag/v.3.6.1
The first problem you wrote about has also been fixed, an additional check has been added and the courier will no longer appear if the player decides to work for Bodhi.

I think I have this problem in Chapter 4 where Anomen and Aerie have similar wrong lines for the interjections. The version I'm using is before this latest update. Is there anyway to safely correct this midgame?

---

I loaded the save game with the installation without this MOD, and found that Anomen and Aerie will not interject, so the bugged interjections are actually not the vanilla one?

Edited by marcnivar
3 hours ago, marcnivar said:

I think I have this problem in Chapter 4 where Anomen and Aerie have similar wrong lines for the interjections. The version I'm using is before this latest update. Is there anyway to safely correct this midgame?
I loaded the save game with the installation without this MOD, and found that Anomen and Aerie will not interject, so the bugged interjections are actually not the vanilla one?

Hello! Do you mean that dialogue where Saemon asks to steal Desharik's boat? I haven't added anything to this dialog, so this issue cannot be related to this mod. Or do you mean some other dialogue? If you write the phrase to which Anomen and Aerie give the wrong interjection, I can answer for sure.

Edited by Austin
7 hours ago, Austin said:

Hello! Do you mean that dialogue where Saemon asks to steal Desharik's boat? I haven't added anything to this dialog, so this issue cannot be related to this mod. Or do you mean some other dialogue? If you write the phrase to which Anomen and Aerie give the wrong interjection, I can answer for sure.

It is like what zero reported above:

Also, Anomen gives some of Edwin's dialogue when speaking with Saemon Havarian at the end of chapter 3. Anomen and Neera also give strange comments to SH in chapter 4 (around the time when SH asks the party to steal Desharik's boat). Anomen says something like "Senior Clerk" and then "Bank Guardian"; Neera says "Batch".

His case is for Anomen and Neera, and in my case that happened for Anomen and Aerie. So far I noticed that happened when talking to Saemon before sailing and also when doing the side quest to help the courtesan and her brother in Brynnlaw.

6 hours ago, marcnivar said:

Also, Anomen gives some of Edwin's dialogue when speaking with Saemon Havarian at the end of chapter 3. Anomen and Neera also give strange comments to SH in chapter 4 (around the time when SH asks the party to steal Desharik's boat). Anomen says something like "Senior Clerk" and then "Bank Guardian"; Neera says "Batch".

Hi, this problem has already been fixed as I wrote above) You just need to reinstall the mrd and load an earlier save.

6 hours ago, marcnivar said:

His case is for Anomen and Neera, and in my case that happened for Anomen and Aerie. So far I noticed that happened when talking to Saemon before sailing and also when doing the side quest to help the courtesan and her brother in Brynnlaw.

There are new phrases from the mod in the dialogue with the courtesan, but this problem has also been fixed. To be more precise, all the new interjections in Brynnlaw were previously confused (these are dialogues with Valen after arriving on the island, a dialogue with a courtesan, with a drunken sailor in a tavern)

But in the latest version this has already been fixed.

About the dialogue with Saemon before sailing from Brynnlaw - I did not change it and therefore this error cannot be related to HTaM.

Edited by Austin
15 minutes ago, marcnivar said:

Thank you for replying, but my main question is whether  there is any way to fix this problem  mid game without reinstalling the mod, as i have installed many other mods like tweaks and scs after this mod. Reinstalling mod probably will cause more problems...

You cannot do this without reinstalling the mod (only if you manually correct the texts in Near Infinity). But this is not a very serious problem in your case, since all other dialogues from mod work correctly and the error concerned only few interjections in Brynnlaw (about 10 phrases in a dialogue with a courtesan, vampires and a drunken sailor). Therefore, if you have a large assembly of mods, then you can not reinstall the mod and just ignore these lines.

Edited by Austin
29 minutes ago, Austin said:

You cannot do this without reinstalling the mod (only if you manually correct the texts in Near Infinity). But this is not a very serious problem in your case, since all other dialogues from mod work correctly and the error concerned only few interjections in Brynnlaw (about 10 phrases in a dialogue with a courtesan, vampires and a drunken sailor). Therefore, if you have a large assembly of mods, then you can not reinstall the mod and just ignore these lines.

If the affected ones are just  3 npcs, probably ignoring it will be the best. I worried it will happen to all interjections in chapter 4 initially, including the vanilla ones. Anyway, I'm quite curious how to fix it via nearinfinity, but I guess it could be difficult to explain it to a noob😅

I will post the screenshot of Anomen's wrong interjections with Saemon (before sailing) later on, just to be safe. Anyway probably Zeno and I just have installed the other same mod that caused this.

----

I guess this bug also has good side, as I won't realised many reactions are added by this MOD if I didn't encounter this bug. I thought all interjections I saw in earlier chapters are from vanilla...so there is a reason why I feel vanilla companions are slightly more talkative than what I remember...

Thanks for helping and I quite like this MOD so far😀

Edited by marcnivar

Yes, that's right - the problem only concerns the lines from the "ANbrinnl.tra" file (it just had the wrong name due to a typo, because of this, the lines from it did not appear in the game and were replaced with incorrect ones). You can open it in the mod folder and see these lines - there are not many of them and they only concern dialogues with three NPCs.

And you're right - the mod adds a lot of interjections (especially in the first chapters of the game), and we tried to make all the NPC's texts as similar as possible to the style of their speech in the original game. Apparently, we succeeded)

Thank you!

Edited by Austin