New testing version of Tweaks Anthology, v10 RC1, now available

The ancient ToB-Style NPCs Imoen bug still exists for me in a BGT game. All SoA/ToB versions of Imoen start off as "level 24" but without actually being level 24, e.g. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bp7otaoigqj9rta/IMOEN6.cre

This is the state of my Imoen .cre files directly before installing if it helps: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lyfqrbpp8d1hloc/4020.zip

I've forever been unable to determine why this bug exists, as it's something that's been affecting my games basically ever since this component existed.

Edited by Bartimaeus
2 hours ago, CamDawg said:

Could you send me any text files named cdtob_imoen* from the weidu_external/cdtweaks folder?

Unfortunately, that entire install blew up because the latest(?) version of weidu loves to break my installs (it is a very bad idea to ever try to reinstall anything with v24700!), so I don't have the files in question anymore. I'll get back to you when it happens again.

Edited by Bartimaeus
13 hours ago, CamDawg said:

Could you send me any text files named cdtob_imoen* from the weidu_external/cdtweaks folder?

Doesn't look particularly helpful to me, but here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2l3axejbvrk7mhx/cdtweaks.zip

I tracked the bug down a little, it appears to be a problem that apparently occurs as a result of the FINIMOEN.cre that is created by Ascension's main component. With just this weidu.log..:

Spoiler

~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #100 // TobEx - Core: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #101 // Apply Concentration Check On Damage [WIP]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #102 // Awaken On Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #103 // Blindness As Spell Description: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #105 // No Spell Interruption On Zero Damage: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Use Caster Level On Mirror Image [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #107 // Allow All Races to Dual Class: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #108 // Allow Equipping Armor in Combat: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #109 // Disable Experience Boost: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #110 // Disable Force Inventory Pause: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #111 // Disable Silence On Charm: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #112 // Level One Proficiency Restrictions: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #113 // Remain Hidden On Pickpocket Success [C]: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #116 // Enable Animation Attack Sounds: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #119 // Remove all race-class restrictions: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #120 // Drop Inventory on Disintegrate: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #121 // Drop Inventory on Frozen Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #122 // Drop Inventory on Stone Death: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #123 // Enable Auto-Pause On All Screens: Beta 0025
~TOBEX/TOBEX.TP2~ #0 #124 // Make All Attack Animations Genuine Attacks: Beta 0025
~TOBEX_AFTERLIFE/TOBEX_AFTERLIFE.TP2~ #0 #200 // TobEx AfterLife: v29.7
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // BETA Core Fixes (please check the readme!): v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #115 // Paws from Shapeshifting Can Not Be Dispelled: v13
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #116 // Remove Thieving Start Bonuses from Bard and Ranger Skills: v13
~BGT/BGT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core: v1.21
~SETUP-BGTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Music -> Full Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal Music (WARNING: patches BGMain.exe)
~TXTMUSIC/TXTMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restored Textscreen Music for BG1TuTu, EasyTutu, and BGT-WeiDU: 9 (22 Mar 13)
~BGGRAPHICS/SETUP-BGGRAPHICS.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGT Extended Night and Baldur's Gate Map Fixes: v1.8 BWP Fix
~JONDALARFIX/SETUP-JONDALARFIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Jondalar Fix for BGT: BWP Patching version
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Rewritten Final Chapter of Throne of Bhaal: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #10 // Balthazar can be redeemed: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #20 // Improved Sarevok-Player Interactions: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #30 // Improved Imoen-Player Interactions in Throne of Bhaal: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #40 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #50 // Improved Slayer Transformation: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #60 // Expanded Epilogues for Bioware NPCs -> David Gaider's expanded epilogues for Bioware NPCs: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Tougher Abazigal: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Tougher Balthazar: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Tougher Demogorgon: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1300 // Tougher Gromnir: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1400 // Tougher Illasera: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Tougher Yaga-Shura: 2.0.20
~ASCENSION/ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2400 // Slightly improved cutscenes, by DavidW: 2.0.20
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: v10 Release Candidate 1

...the issue occurs. If I remove Ascension, it doesn't occur. Indeed, simply removing FINIMOEN.cre from my override directly before installing the component and then putting it back in after solves the issue. So I'd guess that would explain why it feels like this bug has been around since forever for me.

Edited by Bartimaeus

Excellent, you've done all the legwork for me--and yes, it's finimoen that's the issue. The component works by getting a list of joinable NPC DVs from pdialog, then searching through all creature files for matches. These are logged (with class and XP) to the text files you provided; files with mixed classes listed (e.g. Imoen thief vs Imeon mage-thief) get split. After that, it goes through the text files one-by-one, using the lowest XP creature as the base for the others.

Since finimoen has 0 XP, it's used as the base for the actual joinable, BG2 Imoens. Since there are already multiple copies of Imoen used in cutscenes and dreams, excluding one more version is an easy fix.

16 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

Excellent, you've done all the legwork for me--and yes, it's finimoen that's the issue. The component works by getting a list of joinable NPC DVs from pdialog, then searching through all creature files for matches. These are logged (with class and XP) to the text files you provided; files with mixed classes listed (e.g. Imoen thief vs Imeon mage-thief) get split. After that, it goes through the text files one-by-one, using the lowest XP creature as the base for the others.

Since finimoen has 0 XP, it's used as the base for the actual joinable, BG2 Imoens. Since there are already multiple copies of Imoen used in cutscenes and dreams, excluding one more version is an easy fix.

Thanks. ...I don't know why I didn't bother to investigate it until just now, seems like it would've been very conducive to actually getting it solved a long time ago, :crazyeyes:.

On 11/5/2021 at 8:10 PM, CamDawg said:

A few components were added and a few more combined, so overall there's a bit of new stuff in weidu.tra.

Thanks.

I've launched a PR with the updated French translation for v10. I took the opportunity to clean up all the deprecated comment and uniformize the format.

Furthermore, I also fixed a wrong (commented) Strref in the English translation, and a small logical change for Nalia's ring.

edit: and thank you for the effort made to facilitate the life of translators ;)

Edited by Jazira
On 11/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, argent77 said:

Issue with the installation process:
When the mod is installed interactively it introduces long delays (which takes several seconds) between the individual stages of the installation process, e.g. after the prompt for displaying readme, prompts for component groups, etc. I could track it down to the heavy use of LABELs within the mod. The issue itself can probably only solved by WeiDU. However, if the delays become too annoying for the players I'd suggest to temporarily disable LABELs until the underlying issue has been solved.

I can confirm that this is no longer an issue for WeiDU devel branch. Can you confirm too?

32 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

The Nalia description change isn't needed--the component makes Nalia's ring removable, but it remains usable only by Nalia.

Oh! I didn't get it that way. I'll revert it. ;)

edit: done.

Edited by Jazira

1 hour ago, AL|EN said:
On 11/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, argent77 said:

Issue with the installation process:
When the mod is installed interactively it introduces long delays (which takes several seconds) between the individual stages of the installation process, e.g. after the prompt for displaying readme, prompts for component groups, etc. I could track it down to the heavy use of LABELs within the mod. The issue itself can probably only solved by WeiDU. However, if the delays become too annoying for the players I'd suggest to temporarily disable LABELs until the underlying issue has been solved.

I can confirm that this is no longer an issue for WeiDU devel branch. Can you confirm too?

Yes. The issue has been fixed in WeiDU's devel branch, so with the next official WeiDU release LABELs can be safely reactivated in TA.