Wings (BG2:EE Mod)

Please use this thread if you have questions or bug reports for Coutelier's/Skitia's Wings mod!

This modification introduces additional content for Aerie, including banters, new characters in the circus and beyond, a main questline, and a side quest for Minsc. It should be EET compatible, but is not compatible with non-EE versions.

Link to Download at GitHub

My Other Mods

Edited by Skitia
Updating link

@Skitia  Enjoying the mod's latest update very much so far, but ran into what seems like a bug:

Spoiler

after discovering the gem in the graveyard district (and having it crumble leaving nothing but the note), I returned to Trent to report what happened, but he 'has nothing to say to you'. Seems like a trigger is missing/didn't increment properly, and/or (guessing by the contents of the ominous note X3WLet4) a critical encounter/event hasn't triggered.

The global "X3WINGSQUEST" is at 16, X3WFAIL is 2, and X3WINGSTIMER is 541445

Tried an earlier save and got the gem successfully from the graveyard, fought off the ambush, and returned to Trent (slight delay having to fight off ambushes). Same results, he has nothing to say. Main quest global is the same (16), X3WFAIL is 1 and timer is 540678

Managed to continue the quest by going straight to Crooked Crain; seems like there's missing events as Trent is obviously supposed to disappear but he remains there with nothing to say.
Once party arrived at crooked crane things proceeded smoothly enough (though dialog/RP wise it's a little odd obviously) until the confrontation with Praxis, where 2 oddities took place:

1. This one's a bit nitpicky, but... since it's rather obvious the party's likely walking into a trap I cast Invisibility 10foot radius so the entire party was invis. The cutscene proceeded as if speaking NPCs could see/sense the arrival of the party, but when combat starts they are completely oblivious. Probably could use a tweak so that at least Laravyl and possibly Praxis both have some means of seeing/detecting invisibility, or better yet (probably more plausible) have their mage cast true sight or have a skilled thief detecting illusions.
  2. CreateCreature("X3WFE",[559.1368],NE) failed to create the creature, as the cre file does not exist. Looking through the folder both in my installation and here in github shows that there is no such cre file. I'm guessing this is the prisoner in the other cell that Trent refers to in his dialogue, since there was no one there.

Edited by ithildurnew

Planning to install your mod in my working in progress "big" EET install.

Does the mod contain PIDS ? (At the moment i am quite worrying about NPC mods adding PIDS to Bioware NPCs (as it may lead to some problems ...; but maybe i am worrying too much about those issues where the console should fix it ?).

Do you know if there are any issues installing Wings with other mod dealing with Aerie (whether content wise or technical incompatibility) like :

NPC Flirt Packs

All Things Mazzy (which has a ToB quest to restore Aerie's wings)

OlvynSpells (which gives the fly spell)

On 7/29/2022 at 12:08 PM, Mordekaie said:

Thanks guys.

Anyone knows if this mod contains PIDs ?

Very late, but no PIDs. Coutelier never had any, and I didn't create any when I adopted it, very much with the fact in mind that the NPCFlirt pack is popular.

Hi

Just a quick question -although it might not be from this mod (as I have installed other mods that add some NPC interjections in general but this is the only Aerie mod specific to her in my mod installation)

Spoiler

Aerie was complaining about living on the ground and hating it - my reply was realistic 'saying she would not survive then' - probably then the harshest of the 4 options given - she ranted at me - saying she hated me and then left the party - is she gone forever? - as I could not find in at the Circus or at the Cooper C. 

Edited by magisensei

Skitia, be sincere - I'm planning to use Wings together with the Banter pack on the pocket plane + IEP extended banters.

Do you think there will be tonal incosistencies? I can easily avoid playing with the additional Banters, but I want to enjoy Wings to the fullest.

Also, I'm wondering if you enjoy the banter pack. I'm kinda undecided to this date - I think the only banter I found memorable is the one where you can actually get a new destiny for sarevok in Throne of Bhaal.

And I'm afraid about flanderization of characters :(

Eh, it's true that the banter packs are heavy on the Flanderisation, but that's in the nature of banters, to a certain extend. That's precisely why they play nicely with all the friendship expansion mods such as this one, which allow you to explore depths of a character not discernible from the witty banter. I like both of them.