The quest & storyline altering mod list

NiGHTMARE

A while ago, I began to noticed that various mod authors are planning to introduce similar (and sometimes virtually identical) quest and storyline related additions/alterations to the game, and that this is usually because said mod author simply isn't aware that he issn't the only person who's ever come up with the idea :).

In an attempt to help soothe this situation, I had the idea of compiling a list of every storyline or quest related thing done by mods which could potentially interefere or overlap with another. Ideally I'd like this to be an utterly definitive list, but I realize that for various reasons, some modders are hesistant to willingly give out spoilers.

So for those modders who are okay with spoilers (and BTW any players who don't like spoilers obviously shouldn't view the list) and like the idea of such a list, please let me know what you can. Either post here, PM me, or mail me (nick@frad.org). Also, if I've already listed spoilers for your mod that you don't want on there, let me know and I'll remove them ASAP.

Criteria for inclusion:

- Expansion or alteration of an existing quest/story (e.g. betraying Renal)

- New quest/storyline which provides an alternative to an existing quest/story (e.g. a new route to Brynnlaw)

- New quest/story which involves existing BG2 characters (e.g. the kidnapping of Aran Linvail's daughter)

- New quest/story which involves characters from pnp (e.g the Council of Six)

- Anything else quest/story related that seems likely to be repeated by another mod

You can find the current list here. As I said above, if you don't like spoilers, do *not* visit this page! You have been warned.

1. If you have access; go read TPT workroom. If not, give me a shout and I'll tell you bits of it. :)

2. Khadion will involve a lot of extending to Aran Linvail's character. Plot-wise incompitable with TS and Chloe, and I'd say a consistency incompatibility with Fade. Planned support for Quest Pack (as in Khadion interjecting). Otherwise than that, I'm sure he'll just interfere minimally with the SoA and ToB-plot (a few changed epilogues for the Bioware NPC's are possible, though).

3. The Jerry Zinger Show will involve a lot of characters, but only Neeber and Aerie will be affected 'outside' the show.

Domi: Heh yeah, and I also had Surayah down as having a romance with Imoen :). Looks I forgot to edit a few copy 'n' pasting jobs.

SConrad: 1. nope I don't have access to TPT workroom, so please let everything you're willing to publically reveal be known :).

2. As I think I mentioned before, I'd be up for making some kind of Sime/Chloe/Fade/Khadion/Quest Pack compatability mod (perhaps to be included in the Crossmod Banter Pack) if all the relevant authors are willing to grant permission. If any Renal "Bloodscalp" incompatabilities arise, I'd be happy to resolve those as well. Just 'cause I like those darn Shadow Thieves so much :p.

3. Okay, I'll add "Miscellaneous changes to Neeber and Aerie" to the page :).

SConrad: 1. nope I don't have access to TPT workroom, so please let everything you're willing to publically reveal be known :).

I'll confer with the others and send you a PM. :)

2. As I think I mentioned before, I'd be up for making some kind of Sime/Chloe/Fade/Khadion/Quest Pack compatability mod (perhaps to be included in the Crossmod Banter Pack) if all the relevant authors are willing to grant permission.  If any Renal "Bloodscalp" incompatabilities arise, I'd be happy to resolve those as well.   Just 'cause I like those darn Shadow Thieves so much :).

Well, I'm going to include support for QP in Khadion, but yes, I think that might be a good idea - if it's possible. I'll naturally do everything I can to ensure technical compatibilty, I'm more worried about consistency and continuity in story and dialogue.

Archived