Forgotten Armament

Introduction

With review and feedback from Auve, we are pleased to present you the Forgotten Armament mod for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and the Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET). The focus is to bring competitive mid-tier items, inspired by IWD and NWN2, into the game with over 100 new items. One aspect of this mod is to ensure all weapons, armor, and items are equally represented and have steady progression paths for players throughout the series. Additionally throughout the games, many a mid-level enemy is poorly equipped with either non-magical or generically magical (+1 non-named) weapons and armor while similarly leveled players have +2/+3 weapons and gear. Forgotten Armament will provide many of these enemies with unique +1/+2/+3 weapons and gear providing for improved encounters with properly equipped foes.

Please be aware, this is a BETA of the mod. We welcome all feedback to include (but not limited to): errors, issues, items not behaving per their description, improper pacing, price is too high/low, etc.

Components

Install Forgotten Armament Items

This installs all new items throughout the game.

A list of the item descriptions is here.

A list of the item locations is here.

OPTIONAL SUBCOMPONENT - Update Existing Items in Addition to Adding New Ones

This subcomponent is optional and updates many weapons, armors, and items within the game. This is actively in development, and the current changes to items can be found here.

Replace Boots of Speed (Paws of the Cheetah)

This component replaces Boots of Speed (Paws of the Cheetah) with other boot options.

Add Breach Scrolls to Sorcerous Sundries

This component adds a couple of Breach scrolls to Sorcerous Sundries.

NWN2 Style Weapons

This component updates all weapons to match weapons in NWN2 to include damage, damage type, and critical threat range/damage. This includes all weapons added by mods. A detailed description of the new base weapon stats is here.

Updates Items Setting an Ability Score to Increment the Increase

This component updates all items to increment increases to ability scores instead of setting them. For example, the Belt of Hill Giant normally sets Strength to 19. This component will update the item to increment Strength by +2. All items that set ability scores, included those added by other mods, will be updated to increment with this component.

Nerf APR Increasing One-Handed Melee Weapons

This component will update the following melee weapons to provide an extra 1/2 attack per round instead of one extra attack per round:
- Belm +2
- Kundane
- Ninjato of the Scarlet Brotherhood
- Yamato +4 (Forgotten Armament Update)
- Monkey Paw of Discipline
- Long Sword of Action +4
- Vipers Edge +2

Compatibility

If you are upgrading from an earlier version of this mod, I recommend uninstalling all mod components and replacing all files with the new ones before doing a fresh install.

I have reviewed and deconflicted any compatibility issues with multiple item mods to include: Sod2BG2 items and The Calling Exotic Item Pack. If you do notice a compatibility issue with other mods, especially the ones listed here, please let me know so I can correct it.

NWN2 Style Weapons and Update Items Setting an Ability Score to Increment the Increase components should be installed AFTER any mods that add new weapons or items to the game.

Do not install the NWN2 Style Weapons component with other mods that alter weapons like Scales of Balance.

Links

You can download the latest version of the mod here.

You can view the readme for the mod here.

The mod page can be found here.

Edited by morpheus562
Update to Sword and Shield Style bonuses

Hello @morpheus562,

I'm currently translate some of your mods (Forgotten-Armament, Skills-and-Abilities and Enhanced-Powergaming-Scripts).

For Forgotten Armament, to translate the NWN2 items, would it be possible that you or someone else provide me the NWN2 dialog.tlk in English to find the corresponding strings in French and facilitate the translation ?

I hope it's not a problem to ask for it ?

I know that some are still in Beta so I follow the updates to add or change according to your modifications.

Thanks for your work, I'm eager to try "Skills-and-Abilities" (Thanks to Grammarsalad too).

Edited by JohnBob

Let me see if I can find the NWN2 English dialog.tlk since I'm not too familiar with NWN2 file structures. I use the NWN2 item description for items labeled as NWN2, but please note the actual stats may vary from the source material. I do my best to be faithful, but they are very much two different game engines. I think I get close to the "spirit" of the item, but it may not be an exact one-for-one swap. 

Thank you very much for the translations, any effort in this department is very welcome, appreciated, and flattering. Thank you!

Don't bother too much, if it's complicated, I will find another way...

I'm trying to pay attention to the small changes in the descriptions (speed factor and others), I hope I haven't "Forgotten" any.

I do it gladly, thanks for your words !

Edited by JohnBob
18 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Let me see if I can find the NWN2 English dialog.tlk since I'm not too familiar with NWN2 file structures. I use the NWN2 item description for items labeled as NWN2, but please note the actual stats may vary from the source material. I do my best to be faithful, but they are very much two different game engines. I think I get close to the "spirit" of the item, but it may not be an exact one-for-one swap.

NWN2 .tlk file structure is different from other IE games and can't be traified by WeiDU. However, I can convert them to .txt files. That would be nice if you can provide me with it.

On 2/26/2022 at 8:27 AM, Gwendolyne said:

NWN2 .tlk file structure is different from other IE games and can't be traified by WeiDU. However, I can convert them to .txt files. That would be nice if you can provide me with it.

Here are the two .tlk files that I could find. Please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Edited by morpheus562

Hello @morpheus562,

Here are the translations :

- Enhanced-Powergaming-Scripts.French
- Forgotten armament.French
- Thieving-skills-for-Bards.French
- Skills-and-Abilities.French... With the 28/02 update.

Let me know if any problems occurs.
I could not test the installation of all components, my old computer do not allow me to install EEex.
But I hope everything is ok...
I will try to make pull requests for the next updates...

Thanks for your mods !

morpheus562.mods.French.rar

Edited by JohnBob

Official pre-release for version 0.5-Beta which brings the following enhancements:

• Updated Spears to deal 1d8 damage instead of 1d6 damage. Additionally, on critical hits Spears will now deal an additional +1d8 damage.
Edited by morpheus562
On 1/6/2022 at 5:32 AM, morpheus562 said:

Compatibility

I have reviewed and deconflicted any compatibility issues with multiple item mods to include: Made in Heaven: Item Pack, Sod2BG2 items, and The Calling Exotic Item Pack. If you do notice a compatibility issue with other mods, please let me know so I can correct it.

One yet promising mod that I didn't know about until now. But one question about compatibility, Dark side of the Sword coast for EE also gives many new magical items to existing vanilla creatures in BG:EE. I think same is true for Dark horizons mod ( although I will not install that one, finished it one time on Tutu, amount of unbalanced items which are too strong even for late ToB is staggering). So is this mod patches those creatures and put their previously equipped items in their inventory to be dropped when defeated ( don't matter to me does Seniyad for example wield Scimitar from this mod or some only druid staff from DSotSC as long I can get my hands on both items in the end ) or overwrites them to be inaccessible in the game? 

4 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

One yet promising mod that I didn't know about until now. But one question about compatibility, Dark side of the Sword coast for EE also gives many new magical items to existing vanilla creatures in BG:EE. I think same is true for Dark horizons mod ( although I will not install that one, finished it one time on Tutu, amount of unbalanced items which are too strong even for late ToB is staggering). So is this mod patches those creatures and put their previously equipped items in their inventory to be dropped when defeated ( don't matter to me does Seniyad for example wield Scimitar from this mod or some only druid staff from DSotSC as long I can get my hands on both items in the end ) or overwrites them to be inaccessible in the game? 

I have not played DSotSC in a LONG time, and I cannot guarantee compatibility with the items it equips characters. I have not placed previously assigned items into inventory since I feel it could lead to balancing issues (i.e. character now drops an item I give them plus a weapon from DSotSC).