Forgotten Armament

It is few items introduced in SCS and dependent on the components chosen with it. I paint with a broad brush and if I start naming specific mods, then I need to name all mods.

The earlier component of Forgotten Armament that adds new items needs to be installed with other item mods. It's the later components (i.e. making all weapons like NWN2 counterparts and updating all ability increasing items) needs to be installed after all items.

Edited by morpheus562

Hello! Thanks for this mod! I was able to beat Kangaxx on SCS Insane with no cheese and a full party. Before going to Spellhold, the Planar Sphere, and even Windspear Hills! It was very rewarding. I've never been able to do that since I owned the game, and I've owned this game since it was released. No gross leveling up, no scrolls, and no party cowering in the corner! What a fine battle!

4 hours ago, Algolian said:

Hello! Thanks for this mod! I was able to beat Kangaxx on SCS Insane with no cheese and a full party. Before going to Spellhold, the Planar Sphere, and even Windspear Hills! It was very rewarding. I've never been able to do that since I owned the game, and I've owned this game since it was released. No gross leveling up, no scrolls, and no party cowering in the corner! What a fine battle!

I'm happy you are enjoying the mod! Do you think they items provided are overpowered to allow you to defeated kangaxx at this point?

On 10/17/2022 at 8:32 PM, morpheus562 said:

The earlier component of Forgotten Armament that adds new items needs to be installed with other item mods. It's the later components (i.e. making all weapons like NWN2 counterparts and updating all ability increasing items) needs to be installed after all items.

TBH, if this one get in, then you don't have to care about SCS in this regard.

Official release for version 1.2 which brings the following enhancements:

• Corrected Carsomyr so on-hit animations and text aligned with the new on-hit chance.
  • Reduce chance for Staff of the Magi to dispel magic on hit.
  • Ring of Gaxx's Improved Haste will now last for 5 rounds (up from 10 seconds).
  • Updated Bracer's of Blinding Strike:
    • Improved Haste will now last for 1 turn (up from 20 seconds).
    • On equip will now grant an extra 1/2 attack per round.
  • Added new component to nerf one-handed APR increasing melee weapons.

Official release for version 1.3 which brings the following enhancements:

• The following components are now compatible with IWDEE:
    • NWN2 Style Weapons.
    • Update Items Setting an Ability Score to Increment the Increase.
  • Upgraded version of Gram on-hit effect reduced from 5 rounds to 2 rounds.
  • IWDEE Warhammer fix for NWN2 style weapons.
  • Updated the following items: Bereul's Retort +1

I have reviewed and deconflicted any compatibility issues with multiple item mods to include: Made in Heaven: Item Pack, Sod2BG2 items, and The Calling Exotic Item Pack. If you do notice a compatibility issue with other mods, especially the ones listed here, please let me know so I can correct it.

Just a couple of minor things here, SoD related. Remembrance +3 staff replaces Staff of Dark Arts +3 on Tracea Carol from Arcane Treasury mod. Also, Kaga-To +1 katana replaces Scimitar +1 on Sendai BG1 from Exotic items component of The Calling mod and/or Restored items from BG1UB. Both changes are for the better actually,  as Staff of Dark Arts is overpowered and Exotic items just adds another scimitar +1 to off hand on top of another one from Restored items component of BG1UB ( which replaces her original long sword +1 IIRC). 

On 1/4/2023 at 12:39 AM, Lilaina said:

Would it be possible to make the "Update Existing Items" subcomponent seperate from the new items? I like the changes to existing items but generally avoid new items.

I thought I already responded to this, but yes. I have already gone ahead and updated it so it's not a standalone component.

On another note, I'm getting ready to release a new component to this mod that removes the critical hit immunity from helmets (replacing it with a +1 AC bonus) and updating all shields and some select items to provide crit hit immunity instead. Players will have the option to either allow it remove the critical hit immunity many bosses and difficult foes have. Finally, I'm open to suggestions on which items should receive crit immunity. So far I have: Blessed Bracers, Claw of Klazgaroth, and my Imaskari Bracers of Immortality. Other items up for consideration include Ilbratha, Gargoyle Boots, and the upgraded Helm of the Rock.

5 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

I thought I already responded to this, but yes. I have already gone ahead and updated it so it's not a standalone component.

On another note, I'm getting ready to release a new component to this mod that removes the critical hit immunity from helmets (replacing it with a +1 AC bonus) and updating all shields and some select items to provide crit hit immunity instead. Players will have the option to either allow it remove the critical hit immunity many bosses and difficult foes have. Finally, I'm open to suggestions on which items should receive crit immunity. So far I have: Blessed Bracers, Claw of Klazgaroth, and my Imaskari Bracers of Immortality. Other items up for consideration include Ilbratha, Gargoyle Boots, and the upgraded Helm of the Rock.

Cool thanks!

Ras, The Dancing Blade is pretty useless but would maybe make sense as something protecting it's wielder from the brunt of a blow by acting on its own.

The Ring of Clumsiness with crit immunity could be an interesting trade-off gameplay wise.

14 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

On another note, I'm getting ready to release a new component to this mod that removes the critical hit immunity from helmets (replacing it with a +1 AC bonus) and updating all shields and some select items to provide crit hit immunity instead.

This sounds exactly like the Item Revisions optional “Revised Critical Hit Protection” component that has been around for like 10+ years…

Don’t mean this to sound critical, rather, I mention it because I know time is in limited supply for all of us and time spent reproducing an existing mod could as well be spent on shiny new stuff! ;)

1 minute ago, subtledoctor said:

This sounds exactly like the Item Revisions optional “Revised Critical Hit Protection” component that has been around for like 10+ years…

Don’t mean this to sound critical, rather, I mention it because I know time is in limited supply for all of us and time spent reproducing an existing mod could as well be spent on shiny new stuff! ;)

I saw that component and I approached the code in a completely different way. I am also giving crit immunity to shields which I do not believe IR does, and I'm not sure how IR handles helmnoan.itm. For that item, I provide the player the option to either keep or remove crit immunity from it. It's already done and functional, I am just going through and updating some additional items.