Translations

CamDawg

It's Japanese, saying that I can speak a bit of Japanese but have no time to translate.  I am sorry.

O se vuoi, posso dir'lo in Italiano.

Sillara

Hmm, BG has been translated into many languages, but is Japanese among them? If it isn't, there probably wouldn't be that many Japanese-speaking players around to make the translation worthwhile!

Btw, I think that modern Japanese is a funny language with all those words borrowed from English and then distorted into Japanese! Example: byu-ti-kontesuto = beauty contest. I think the French would rather stop speaking than accept that kind of words into their language! :groucho:

I think the French would rather stop speaking than accept that kind of words into their language! 

You'd be surprised. Allthough, I admit, they prefer using their own words, the French already borrow various words from English, especially in the IT jargon. I can only think of one right now, being serveur (yes, a server), but I'm sure there are more.

It's Japanese, saying that I can speak a bit of Japanese but have no time to translate. I am sorry.

O se vuoi, posso dir'lo in Italiano.

Ah, yes. Let's say that Japanese isn't really my specialty, though I always thought it was an interesting language (not that that means much, I think most languages are quite interesting to learn). Italian, on the other hand, I can understand a tiny bit, mostly from translating to French. And I'm still planning to learn Spanish, some day... But to finish this post (and my ranting):

Ah non, il faut le dire en français, beacoup plus facile.

I could translate it into Swedish (I've been thinking of offering to translate for quite some time now...).

The only potential problem would be that the game doesn't have a Swedish version, but you can't have it all, right?

So, tra's? ;)

Swedish of the world, unite! (or is that what they did in Sweden)

The only potential problem would be that the game doesn't have a Swedish version, but you can't have it all, right?

I've got an additional problem for you: only the Swedish would understand it. Same problem of any translation that doesn't translate to an international language really, one of the reasons why I don't even bother to offer a dutch translation (the other one is that in dutch, the mod would probably sound silly).

As the only Belgian in this forum I say: Long live Belgium! Lang leve België! Vive la Belgique! (I am, BTW, a purely non-nationalistical person)

Well, technically, the Norweigians should understand it. Even the Danes, too. Finns learn Swedish in school, but they adamantly refuses to understand a word of it anyway. ???

EDIT: Of course, there's no Norweigian, Danish or Finnish version of BGII, either. ;)

Archived