Progress Reports

jmaeq

Hello, everyone!

I've been quiet in regards to Zakrion's BG2 content. So, I've decided to make this thread include progress updates for SoA and ToB. I had to take a hiatus for about a year or so, and when I went back to reread what I had before the hiatus... I decided to rewrite it all. No worries though, progress is happening! I'm hoping to do a biweekly report until his BG2 content releases. So, without further ado, here are the updates!

As of today (May 31, 2022), I have completed for SoA:

• Zakrion's quest has been outlined
  • Item(s) has/have been written and coded - thanks to Lava for helping me on this one!
  • Introduction Dialogue has been written and coded
  • Departure/Kicking Member Out Dialogue has been written and coded
  • Anomen Banters have been written and coded
  • 7 Friendship Talks have been written and coded
  • Romance Talks have been outlined

What needs to be done:

• The rest of the BioWare and Beamdog NPCs need to be written and coded
  • Writing and coding Zakrion's quest
  • Item Interactions
  • Interjections
  • PID (Player Initiated Dialogues)
  • The rest of the Friendship Talks
  • Romance Talks
  • Having an alternative class: Swashbuckler
Guest Respite

Ridiculously jazzed to hear this is still happening! Please keep us posted! And this bit:

• Having an alternative class: Swashbuckler

YES. It makes so much sense for his character and backstory. I think I actually dualed Zakrion into a thief on one of my BG1 playthroughs anyway, and I think that added utility would be even more useful in BG2, given the limited options for good thieves there. More variety is always appreciated. On the romance, I was wondering, do you have a tentative idea of how many talks there will be? Also - and I'm sure this would likely come some time after the initial release, since this is all crossmod stuff - are you planning on writing conflicts with other mod romances? It might be interesting to see how Zakrion reacts to any BG1 NPC Project romances that might have carried over, at least. :) Especially since some of them have the potential to end badly...

On the romance, I was wondering, do you have a tentative idea of how many talks there will be? 

At the moment, I was planning on writing at least 6-8 romance talks for him in SoA. It's on the shorter end of the stick, because the PC will have to go through 10 friendship talks to initiate or bring up the past "relationship" with him. 

Also - and I'm sure this would likely come some time after the initial release, since this is all crossmod stuff - are you planning on writing conflicts with other mod romances? It might be interesting to see how Zakrion reacts to any BG1 NPC Project romances that might have carried over, at least. :) Especially since some of them have the potential to end badly...

With the permission of other modders, I most definitely would like to include crossmod content. I would very much like to have mod romance conflicts as well... I'll admit, I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to romance conflicts. 😈

Lastly, thank you very much for your words! I am really aiming for a late 2022 or early 2023 release date for Zakrion, but we'll see! :)

On 7/20/2022 at 4:33 AM, Guest Chicken7023 said:

I'm very excited about this ! Thank you for the updates. It seems like you are progressing really fast !

I'm happy to hear that, and thank you for reading the updates. :) My goal for completing BG2:SoA and ToB for Zak is the end of 2022 or the beginning of 2023, and time seems to fly by rather quickly nowadays... so, I hope the progress I'm making is fast enough!

August 10, 2022 Update for SoA:

• Written and Coded Banters for BioWare and Beamdog NPCs
  • 2/2 Encounters Written and Coded

What's left to do for SoA?

• Player-Initiated Dialogue
  • Item Interactions
  • Alternative Class: Swashbuckler Implementation
  • Writing and Coding of 1 Quest
  • ... Loads and loads of testing!