Now Available: Icewind Dale Fixpack Version 8 (now v9)

Thanks! Let me know if I'm able to help with things.

Also had a thought about Wind of Heaven. A very crude solution could be just adding 100% acid resistance. I can only recall a few instances of enemies using acid damage and that was relatively early in the game. 

20 hours ago, AZL4N said:

Also had a thought about Wind of Heaven. A very crude solution could be just adding 100% acid resistance. I can only recall a few instances of enemies using acid damage and that was relatively early in the game. 

I thought of this as well. Acid resist would work on a first playthrough, but if doing a repeat run on HoF, you could abuse it against Bombardier Beetles.

Another way could be to use a custom projectile for Death Fog, but changing the damage amount. Maybe something like 2d10 or 2d12? That's already double the damage per round of Cloudkill. That's more of a tweak than a "fix", but I don't think the escalating damage is a vital part of the spell, as it's only the first 2 rounds that do lower damage. The only real gameplay change is it would make the traps slightly more damaging if you set them off.

Either way, the options seem to be changing the weapon or changing the spell, so it's a question of which one people care to keep more pure to the original game. Or alternatively, leave them alone (so no one can complain about changes), but add a line in Wind of Heaven's description that it only grants partial immunity to Death Fog.

Edited by Dan_P

Yeah Dan_P, that's pretty much where my thoughts are.

The ideal solution is to get the WoH to behave by altering the item but I'm pretty sure I've exhausted my options there. The alternative is to modify Death Fog, but unless we can do it without loss of functionality then the net effect is changing Death Fog in all situations to fix something that occurs in a fraction of situations (when it intersects with WoH). All this makes it likely that we'll have to settle for a description change.

And yes, please keep the bug reports coming in.

Bug Report: fixpack introduces a CTD issue with Tiernon's Sundered Shield (DNTSHD1.ITM).  Line 4212 of setup-iwdfixpack.tp2 specifies an invalid modifier type for parameter2 of the CLONE_EFFECT function call:

LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode = 88 opcode = 89 parameter2 = 13 END // add missile damage reduction

Changing the parameter2 argument to 0 solves the issue (and also matches modifier type for the opcode 89 effect present in the upgraded version of the shield DNTSHD2.ITM).

On 12/14/2022 at 3:47 PM, eyre said:

Bug Report: fixpack introduces a CTD issue with Tiernon's Sundered Shield (DNTSHD1.ITM).  Line 4212 of setup-iwdfixpack.tp2 specifies an invalid modifier type for parameter2 of the CLONE_EFFECT function call:

LPF CLONE_EFFECT INT_VAR match_opcode = 88 opcode = 89 parameter2 = 13 END // add missile damage reduction

Changing the parameter2 argument to 0 solves the issue (and also matches modifier type for the opcode 89 effect present in the upgraded version of the shield DNTSHD2.ITM).

Thanks, this is fixed in v10!