Skills and Abilities Mod

Just now, Greenhorn said:

Unfortunately percentile warrior strength has no whatsoever effect, same +1 bonus with 18/01 and 18/00. Greenskins on the other hand with their 19 strength... This component should be called "Orcish supremacy".  :viking:

Measuring out percentile STR here gets tricky, so I made some judgement calls. 19 definitely sees a nice boost over 18.

Official pre-release for version 1.1-Beta which brings the following enhancements:

• Update Blade kit to get Master (3 slots) in bladed weapons instead of Specialization in ALL weapons.
  • Corrected HLA description updates for IWD: EE.
  • Updated Paladin HLAs to be present in IWD: EE if the corresponding component is installed.
  • Updated bug where m_motest1.lua was located in the wrong folder.
  • Add archer component so the kit receives the +1 to hit and damage rolls with any missile weapon every 3 levels.
  • Wizard Slayer Enhancement to now Dispel on hit which will bypass protections.
Guest Szudrzyk

Hi, love the mod playing with this currently but found some bugs:

- lvl 9 fighter ability to get saving throw bonus doesnt work at all in my install- tried leveling ( with console) single fighters, with kit, without kit, multi. There is no bonus to saving throws at all

- 3 stars in divine proficiency is suppose to give immunity to hold and paralyze - but anomen still gets caught int0 web

i have got ascension, item revision, spell revision, SCS and few others quests mods installed.

OPINIONS:

i dont play with new HLAs due to few reasons:

- increasing main stats by 5 is too OP, maybe change it to max 2 points ? ( going from 17 to 19 permament strenght is still ridicilous)

- HP increase by 20 is totally brokenly OP , maybe its worth reconsider to  limit it to 10-15 hp per upgrade ?( you literally dont care about constitution with this bonus as it is 20x5, 10 is a lot but its much more reasonable, i would do 12 per upgrade looks perfect)

- war cry is OP (literally changing you into berserker kit you cant die), maybe switch those for imprisonment immunity + death ward? so fighter has advantage but not immunity to all status effect?

-whirlwind, magic resistance, hardiness are AWESOME now LOVE IT.

mod is AWESOME overall just few tweaks here and there IMO thank you for your hard work!

2 hours ago, Guest Szudrzyk said:

Hi, love the mod playing with this currently but found some bugs:

- lvl 9 fighter ability to get saving throw bonus doesnt work at all in my install- tried leveling ( with console) single fighters, with kit, without kit, multi. There is no bonus to saving throws at all

- 3 stars in divine proficiency is suppose to give immunity to hold and paralyze - but anomen still gets caught int0 web

i have got ascension, item revision, spell revision, SCS and few others quests mods installed.

OPINIONS:

i dont play with new HLAs due to few reasons:

- increasing main stats by 5 is too OP, maybe change it to max 2 points ? ( going from 17 to 19 permament strenght is still ridicilous)

- HP increase by 20 is totally brokenly OP , maybe its worth reconsider to  limit it to 10-15 hp per upgrade ?( you literally dont care about constitution with this bonus as it is 20x5, 10 is a lot but its much more reasonable, i would do 12 per upgrade looks perfect)

- war cry is OP (literally changing you into berserker kit you cant die), maybe switch those for imprisonment immunity + death ward? so fighter has advantage but not immunity to all status effect?

-whirlwind, magic resistance, hardiness are AWESOME now LOVE IT.

mod is AWESOME overall just few tweaks here and there IMO thank you for your hard work!

Good feedback, thank you! Couple points right off the bat:

1. Thank you for identifying the  bug with Indomitable passive ability. That is now fixed for Fighters.
  2. I was going in the strict sense of how the engine views hold and paralysis and that web, grease, and entanglement are something different. Arbane's Sword, for example, is immune to Hold and Paralysis and is what I modeled the proficiency off of. That offers no protection from web, grease, or entanglement.
  3. Lots to think about with HLAs, but good points:
    • With the stats bonuses, it does get high but at the expense of other good HLAs like Hardiness, GWW, Resist Magic, other damage resistance ones, etc. A F/M, for example, will have an extra STR to choose from, but a Planetar is an equal HLA. I want the player to really have to pick and decide what they want from their HLA and that some sacrifices may have to be made.
    • Flat HP bonus was a difficult one since if it goes too low it isn't worth taking over the other HLAs, but too high makes for broken gameplay. I settled on +20 HP as that is what I felt provided that better middle ground. Epic Toughness found in NWN2 (3.5e) increases by +30 HP and can be taken up to 10 times for +300 HP. This is drastically cut down since it will only provide +100 HP. That's 5 levels of HLA picks and it will probably only save you from two to four hits depending on your difficulty level.
    • War Cry needs the most love and I agree the pendulum swung too far in one direction. Scaling it back is a good call-out and one I will look at.

SandA should be installed before or after SCS? Maybe it's just me but I encountered a bug, persistent one. If you install Skills and Abilities before SCS, Dorn will lose his Rancor, compleletly, not moved into inventory just completely removed. The same in both games BGEE and BG2EE.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:26 AM, morpheus562 said:

I was going in the strict sense of how the engine views hold and paralysis and that web, grease, and entanglement are something different. Arbane's Sword, for example, is immune to Hold and Paralysis and is what I modeled the proficiency off of. That offers no protection from web, grease, or entanglement.

This is very sensible!

6 hours ago, InKal said:

SandA should be installed before or after SCS? Maybe it's just me but I encountered a bug, persistent one. If you install Skills and Abilities before SCS, Dorn will lose his Rancor, compleletly, not moved into inventory just completely removed. The same in both games BGEE and BG2EE.

Install Skills and Abilities after SCS. I just did a full install of Skills and Abilities on a clean game of BG2EE, and Dorn still had rancor.

3 hours ago, InKal said:

Hmm....no. If you are also using NPC_EE, install order MUST be exactly like this: Skills and Abillieties - SCS - NPC_EE.

Pretty sure NPC_EE doesn't care a whit about the order of the things that come before it.

There may be some issues combining S&S and NPC_EE, however; when you change someone's class via NPC_EE it 1) takes them to level zero, 2) removes all their proficiencies, and 3) removes all their kit abilities.

I don't know how S&A works, but it might add its proficiency-based bonuses indelibly - like, if you have several pips in the Divine proficiency you get permanent immunity to Hold, right? A player could get that Hold immunity and then change class, and bring it to their new class for free. If these bonuses are applied permanently, then I would love to get a list of them so I could have NPC_EE specifically remove them.

OTOH if S&A applies the bonuses dynamically with the proficiency value - e.g. by a repeating effect, or something - then there is no compatibility issue.

1 minute ago, subtledoctor said:

Pretty sure NPC_EE doesn't care a whit about the order of the things that come before it.

There may be some issues combining S&S and NPC_EE, however; when you change someone's class via NPC_EE it 1) takes them to level zero, 2) removes all their proficiencies, and 3) removes all their kit abilities.

I don't know how S&A works, but it might add its proficiency-based bonuses indelibly - like, if you have several pips in the Divine proficiency you get permanent immunity to Hold, right? A player could get that Hold immunity and then change class, and bring it to their new class for free. If these bonuses are applied permanently, then I would love to get a list of them so I could have NPC_EE specifically remove them.

OTOH if S&A applies the bonuses dynamically with the proficiency value - e.g. by a repeating effect, or something - then there is no compatibility issue.

Its a repeating effect to account for a dual class that no longer has points in the prof until they get their original class back.

So here's another weird bug I seem to be having: I don't get the HLAs as a kitted fighter, but only as a bog standard fighter. Korgan doesn't get any of the new HLAs, and trying it with a new berserker creates the same issue.

Looks like it affects all fighter kits. Tried with the wizard slayer too. 

Jaheira, on the other hand, is getting the correct HLAs.

WeiDU.log

Edited by LordofBones