Skills and Abilities Mod

1 minute ago, TwiceTested said:

Mr. Morpheus, any luck on helping me out in getting Swiftblade to work with Spell Revisions?  I was trying to find the trigger in Near Infinity so I can edit what code it's looking for.

Yes, I owe you that. My apologies. Let me look tonight and get the right stuff for you.

@TwiceTested You will have to add five instances of opcode 177 (use EFF File) for each haste spell. Additionally, many haste spells increase duration with levels, so you will have to add these 5 instances of opcode 177 and update timings accordingly. Regular haste will have 16 instances you will need to add the five instances of opcode 177 to. Target = 2, IDS Value = 0, IDS Target = 2, Timing = 0, Dispel_Resist = 3, Duration = spell duration, Probability1 = 100, and resource = MOHAS01.EFF to MOHAS05.EFF.

Edited by morpheus562
3 hours ago, Iecerint said:

I noticed that some aspects of this mod require Artisan's kits. Do you happen to know if the mod designed to be compatible with other Artisan stuff (other kits/overhauls, House rules)? It seems to overlap some with House Rules.

Only my Proficiency Overhaul component should have a proficiency tie into the Artisan's kitpack, and that would be to add a proficiency improving Power Attack and Improved Power Attack within the Fighter Overhaul component. I'm cognizant to work around @The Artisan's great work in the case of class/kit overhauls, but that is mainly to ensure no conflicts.

Official pre-release for version 1.3-Beta which brings the following enhancements:

• Corrected bug where fighter abilities were duplicated in the description.
  • Fixed an error that was improperly assigning bard craft scroll to mages.
  • Fixed issue that was not properly adding craft scroll to base class shamans, druids and clerics.
  • Fixed issue that was not properly adding craft scroll to fighter/mages.
  • Added a check to remove problematic characters that can interfere with dialog compile.
  • Deleted that weird xp dialog block in craft scrolls (bug 3).
  • Added Make_Cantrip tpa.
  • Make craft scroll spell self renewing (bug 1).
  • Excluded specific spells that were messing with scroll crafting.

Apologies if it's been asked already, but is there any chance that the HLAs will be added to the various NPC mods in IWDEE?  I assume they have to be added per kit, so the custom kits a lot of the NPCs use (Karihi's Pyromancer, Orra's custom FMC etc.) would have to be individually modified?  Which sounds like a pain so I understand not doing that.  I only ask because Minerva actually has them (Fighter/Artificer) which I found odd if there weren't any plans to add them to the NPCs.

Edited by zuulforrest

Thank you for your amazing mod! I'm using the bard skills and wizard slayer fixes now, but the more I read through the changes, the more I'm leaning toward installing this for when I get to BG2. I had one compatibility question—Do you know if this works with the 5E Spellcasting Mod from @subtledoctor? I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread but wasn't sure on the status of it.

2 hours ago, zuulforrest said:

Apologies if it's been asked already, but is there any chance that the HLAs will be added to the various NPC mods in IWDEE?  I assume they have to be added per kit, so the custom kits a lot of the NPCs use (Karihi's Pyromancer, Orra's custom FMC etc.) would have to be individually modified?  Which sounds like a pain so I understand not doing that.  I only ask because Minerva actually has them (Fighter/Artificer) which I found odd if there weren't any plans to add them to the NPCs.

HLAs should apply to everyone in IWDEE if the component is installed? I don't think npc mods would do anything to prevent that.

7 minutes ago, rahmza said:

Thank you for your amazing mod! I'm using the bard skills and wizard slayer fixes now, but the more I read through the changes, the more I'm leaning toward installing this for when I get to BG2. I had one compatibility question—Do you know if this works with the 5E Spellcasting Mod from @subtledoctor? I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread but wasn't sure on the status of it.

I personally do not think there would be any compatibility issue off the top of my head.

6 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

HLAs should apply to everyone in IWDEE if the component is installed? I don't think npc mods would do anything to prevent that.

Unfortunately no, the only custom-kitted NPC I've found that has HLAs is Minerva at artisans-corner.com.  The Icewind Dale NPC mod NPCs at pocketplane.net have them, but those are stock kits.  Dusky and Dandjelion at weaselmods.com also have them and are stock kits.  The ones I've confirmed do not are:

artisans-corner:
Karihi - Pyromancer, Mage

weaselmods:
Orra - Fighter/Mage/Saishi, Fighter/Mage/Cleric
L'anna - Mythseeker of Mythrien Sarath, Paladin
Hommet - Deadly Blazing Necromancer, Mage
Urchin - Don't know this one, I don't have a save with him in my party and what I think is his kit in EEKeeper just says L#URCH.. iirc from when I edited him once his class was Hag Abomination or something, not even a stock class.  Could be wrong

I haven't tested the other NPCs from weaselmods, but most of them are also custom kits.

I remember from awhile back when I was playing EET with Skills and Abilities, the new HLAs like Great Charisma etc. did not work on the custom kits from Might and Guile and other such mods, which is what led me to believe they were added per-kit.  I haven't tried them in EET in several months.

I'm not a modder by any means so it's just conjecture on my part 😛
I really appreciate the mod though, I couldn't live without it anymore.

Edited by zuulforrest
4 minutes ago, zuulforrest said:

Unfortunately no, the only custom-kitted NPC I've found that has HLAs is Minerva at artisans-corner.com.  The Icewind Dale NPC mod NPCs at pocketplane.net have them, but those are stock kits. The ones I've confirmed do not are:

artisans-corner:
Karihi - Pyromancer, Mage

weaselmods:
Orra - Fighter/Mage/Saishi, Fighter/Mage/Cleric
L'anna - Mythseeker of Mythrien Sarath, Paladin
Hommet - Deadly Blazing Necromancer, Mage
Urchin - Don't know this one, I don't have a save with him in my party and what I think is his kit in EEKeeper just says L#URCH.. iirc from when I edited him once his class was Hag Abomination or something, not even a stock class.  Could be wrong

I haven't tested the other NPCs from weaselmods, but most of them are also custom kits.

I remember from awhile back when I was playing EET with Skills and Abilities, the new HLAs like Great Charisma etc. did not work on the custom kits from Might and Guile and other such mods, which is what led me to believe they were added per-kit.  I haven't tried them in EET in several months.

I'm not a modder by any means so it's just conjecture on my part 😛
I really appreciate the mod though, I couldn't live without it anymore.

When creating those kits, they may not update luabbr.2da file with the HLA table info. I would recommend checking to see if it is populated with information from those classes. If not, you can manually update the file for those kits with whatever hla tables you want.