Skills and Abilities Mod

8 minutes ago, Greenhorn said:

Hmm, I don't want to sound like I'm bitching  as I consider this mod masterpiece  which will only grow better with some polishing but could you make some changes optional ( if it is not too much of a hassle of course, I don't want to impose on your vision of this mod)? Specifically Aura of courage will make Cavalier somewhat redundant ( at least after 3th level anyway) and his Remove fear abilities unnecessary. As for the monks I'm toying with the idea of going my next playthrough  with Fighter/Monk or even Kensai/Monk kit from ExpandedClasses mod and passive Flurry of blows would make him monster ( there is only so much power I can cope with :D). Maybe it is possible to make this  optional or one time per day use somehow? As for Blackguard his passive Aura will replace OTpD use right? 

That's not bitching at all, and nitpicking is good. Per your feedback:

• I can take a look at Aura of Courage and see about tweaking it. I have an idea, so let me look into it.
  • For the monk, the component adding flurry of blows passive also adds the immunity to timestop hla. Are you asking for the option to have one or the other or both?
  • I am not sure what OTpD is, but it replaces their Aura of Despair ability with the new passive.

Hmm. one more thing, there are lot of Weapon style tweaks lately I found ( Scales of balance, Olvyn's tweaks, Artisan's house rules). Your's  is very good also but I ( personally and subjectively of course ) would like to see that Two handed style keep critical score from vanilla on one pipe as currently it is little underwhelming ( 2 pipes with More Meaningful Stat Bonuses  is completely another thing but keep in mind that not everyone can achieve it). Secondly I would like that Sword and shield keep some protection against missile attacks per vanilla as Protection from wing buffet is well, little unrealistic if I dare to say so. Shield will not help you much against stomping or heavy gust of wind at least in my humble opinion. 

6 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

That's not bitching at all, and nitpicking is good. Per your feedback:

• I can take a look at Aura of Courage and see about tweaking it. I have an idea, so let me look into it.
  • For the monk, the component adding flurry of blows passive also adds the immunity to timestop hla. Are you asking for the option to have one or the other or both?
  • I am not sure what OTpD is, but it replaces their Aura of Despair ability with the new passive.

a) Thanks!

b) Ah, I meant FoB, HLA you can choose or not but this you can't ignore if you so wish and I think that particular HLA is good idea

c) yes, OTpD stands for One time per day :)

1 hour ago, Greenhorn said:

Hmm. one more thing, there are lot of Weapon style tweaks lately I found ( Scales of balance, Olvyn's tweaks, Artisan's house rules). Your's  is very good also but I ( personally and subjectively of course ) would like to see that Two handed style keep critical score from vanilla on one pipe as currently it is little underwhelming ( 2 pipes with More Meaningful Stat Bonuses  is completely another thing but keep in mind that not everyone can achieve it). Secondly I would like that Sword and shield keep some protection against missile attacks per vanilla as Protection from wing buffet is well, little unrealistic if I dare to say so. Shield will not help you much against stomping or heavy gust of wind at least in my humble opinion. 

I would like to note that the more meaningful stat bonuses of 1.5x str damage bonus is added regardless if points are placed in two handed weapon style. I think as of right now and charting out damage using @suy's wonderful moebius tool, that dual wielding and 2h weapon styles come out about even in damage output. I'm afraid opening up the crit hit might end up weighting it too heavily.

I'll look at adding back extra missile defense protection for shields because that makes sense. I do like the wing buffet protection because 1) this is a fantasy game in the end and 2) this would be the only viable counter to wing buffets presented in the game.

43 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Maybe an Aura of Protection to improve AC and saving throws for the paladin and all characters within range of the aura. Now the question: should all lawful good paladins get this, or should it be a Cavalier exclusive aura?

Tough cookie. Maybe all paladins should get Aura but Cavalier's in addition protects from fear too because he is fearless guy ( or girl ). But I don't want to needlessly complicate things and don't know exactly how much work is involved.

I would like to note that the more meaningful stat bonuses of 1.5x str damage bonus is added regardless if points are placed in two handed weapon style. I think as of right now and charting out damage using @suy's wonderful moebius tool, that dual wielding and 2h weapon styles come out about even in damage output. I'm afraid opening up the crit hit might end up weighting it too heavily.

I hear you, yeah THW style and MSB I brought only to show full capacity of that combo, but of course only fighter types will benefit heavily from that. Aerie or Vicky  ( with or without MSB) with 1 pipe in 2hWP will still be at worse than before with this. But of course I get your reasoning and the choice is yours as it should be. 

I'll look at adding back extra missile defense protection for shields because that makes sense. I do like the wing buffet protection because 1) this is a fantasy game in the end and 2) this would be the only viable counter to wing buffets presented in the game.

No arguing from me, agreeing 100% :)

Official pre-release for version 0.6-Alpha which brings the following enhancements:

• Updated assigning of proficiencies to all characters in the game.
  • Updated Sword and Shield weapon style to grant bonuses to AC against missile weapons.
  • Cavalier now receives the Aura of Protection passive instead of Aura of Courage.

image.thumb.jpeg.13899fefed53aa735e1c4ef80b5df79a.jpeg

I get this error when I try to install the mod. I assume it is a conflict with other mods. I tried it three times with - more or less - the same mods installed. All other components are working. I played with a very similar setup until chapter 4 in BG2EE (android) without any problems.

Any advice?  I attached my weidu log and a copy of the setup-skills-and abilities.debug. 

I really like this mod and I hope you will add more additional meaningful stat bonuses anytime soon.

Thanks for creating it. I like even more your forgotten armament mod. Great work!

SETUP-SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.DEBUG WeiDU.log

8 hours ago, Rizzen said:

image.thumb.jpeg.13899fefed53aa735e1c4ef80b5df79a.jpeg

I get this error when I try to install the mod. I assume it is a conflict with other mods. I tried it three times with - more or less - the same mods installed. All other components are working. I played with a very similar setup until chapter 4 in BG2EE (android) without any problems.

Any advice?  I attached my weidu log and a copy of the setup-skills-and abilities.debug. 

I really like this mod and I hope you will add more additional meaningful stat bonuses anytime soon.

Thanks for creating it. I like even more your forgotten armament mod. Great work!

SETUP-SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.DEBUG 65 kB · 2 downloads WeiDU.log 19.68 kB · 2 downloads

Okay, so it is trying to write to luMA1.2da file which does not have the ALIGNMENT_RESTRICT column that is normally present. As such, because I'm trying to write to a column that doesn't exist I am throwing an "index out of bounds" error. Let me play around and figure out a solution to handle different column lengths.

Thank you!