An Idea for a little mod (Revert to the past)?

Guest Morgoth

Guest Morgoth

Camdawg is constantly providing content and I'm really grateful for that. I have a request for him or whoever feels inclined. A purist mod. Bear with me, I'm not talking about "how things should be and they aren't", but simply to some tweaks that could be actually important for players and for stuff that I actually miss from 1.3.

A purist mod should contain: 

1) Old poison weapon, as it was in the original BG EE 1.3.
2) Bigger bard song: This tweak will give bard songs a much larger area of effect. In version 2.0 the devs changed all of the bard songs so that they only affected those within a 30' radius of the singing bard, which is about the same area of effect as a fireball. In version 1.3 and earlier all of the songs (excluding the jester's) would automatically hit only the 6 party members no matter how far away they were or even if they were in a different area.

I think some of the tweaks above have been actually released by @tresset, but I'm actually looking for a 2.6 compatible version with the behaviour actually experienced on BG:EE 1.3. I guess there are other changes too that have been done to the game that someone could report? 

I've also got other two ideas:

> Infinite algernon cloak (it was this way on original BG, and I'm not sure it was not intended)
>  Enchant the missile launcher (mod here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/797885/#Comment_797885), but is it compatible with 2.6?

Point of order - in current BGEE/BG2EE, vanilla bard song affects the entire party (but only the party) regardless of range. The other bard songs affect either all allies or all enemies within a standard medium AoE around the singer.

Tresset has most of what you're looking for in their thread at the Beamdog forums. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61898/tressets-choice-tweaks

Edited by jmerry