BG2 Fixpack Testers Needed

CamDawg

We've been at a point where we could have a public beta for some time. My original timeline was a public beta in early March, but I wanted to have an updated Detectable Spells in the inital beta; cirerrek and horred seem really close to having an updated schema for the package. Now I'm tempted to use the new GROUP feature forthcoming in WeiDU v192 to make the Optional But Cool components independent instead of a single lump, which would put a public beta a few weeks out.

Then again, I might just put one out this weekend. Or I could be a big tease. We'll see.

Hello! I had hoped to find out myself soon reading the readme but since it's taking longer than I thought, I'd like to know to what extent we can find in the BG Fixpack those corrections to alignement and classes made by Kish in Oversight. Thanks! :p

The complete list of included stuff from other mods:

Oversight: Alignment Corrections, Class Tweaks/Fixes. Improved Continuity is included except for the Saemon Haverian bits.

G3 Tweaks: Fixed SoA World Map, Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight, Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent,

Ease of Use: Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix, Romance: Bug Fixes

D0Tweak: Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior, Corrected Demon Animations, Ghrey's Holy Symbol Fix (Optional But Cool)

The Bigg Tweak Pack: Unlimited Limited Wish and Wish

aVENGER's Rogue Rebalancing: Elven, half-elven sleep/charm resistance

The miscellaneous bits of Unfinished Business that qualify as fixes are included as well.

As for progress, I was hoping to quickly knock out the combined G3 Tweak/EoU/Tutu Tweak package quickly, but that's been taking up a lot more time than I had anticipated. devSin's also posted a number of fixes that need to be incorporated as well.

Thanks for the update, guys! For the release of the Megatweaks pack :p I was wondering if the installer will be smart enough to detect possible incompatibiles by checking if some particular mod or mod component is installed (exemple Big Picture-WeiDu).

About the BG2 Fixpack I'd question considering the Magically created Weapons to Zero Weight and Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent real fixes...

Thanks for the update, guys! For the release of the Megatweaks pack  :p I was wondering if the installer will be smart enough to detect possible incompatibiles by checking if some particular mod or mod component is installed (exemple Big Picture-WeiDu).

AFAIK, the only incompatible component with BP is gone (fixed SoA map). In the last version(s) of G3 and Tutu tweaks, all 2das were extended to level 50 to comply with the built-in BP level 50 ruleset.

There is detection to screen out unnecessary options--non-Tutu games won't be prompted for Tutu components, for example.

About the BG2 Fixpack I'd question considering the Magically created Weapons to Zero Weight and Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent real fixes...

In the absence of clear developer intent, consistency is a pretty heavily weighted factor in the fix/non-fix determination.

Archived