Random Graion Tweaks

So yeah, I've started a tweakmod as well.

Current contents:

Components 10-23 More Random Spell Scrolls

Inspired by SCS's "Wider spell scrolls" component, these components add random arcane spell scrolls the arcane/divine spellcasters.  The random spell scrolls include mod-added scrolls only if they either follow the spell.ids standard or was added with OlvynChuru's ClassSpellTool library, dated 2023-02-08 or later . Duplicate spell scrolls are filtered out.

The following combinations are offered (each can be selected individually):

• 10: one arcane scroll on the level of the highest arcane level memorized
  • 11: one arcane scroll up to the level of the highest arcane level memorized
  • 12: one arcane scroll on the level above 4 of the highest arcane level memorized (so if it's a level 5 spell, the scroll will be level 1, level 6 will receive level 2 scroll etc.)
  • 13: one arcane scroll up to the level above 4 of the highest arcane level memorized (so if it's a level 5 spell, the scroll will be level 1, level 6 will receive up to level 2 scroll etc.)
  • 20: one arcane scroll on the level of the highest divine level memorized
  • 21: one arcane scroll up to the level of the highest divine level memorized
  • 22: one arcane scroll on the level above 4 of the highest divine level memorized (so if it's a level 5 spell, the scroll will be level 1, level 6 will receive level 2 scroll etc.)
  • 23: one arcane scroll up to the level above 4 of the highest divine level memorized (so if it's a level 5 spell, the scroll will be level 1, level 6 will receive up to level 2 scroll etc.)

Component 100 Mixed PnP-BG wisdom-based bonus spells table

As discussed during the development of the EE Fixpack, Bioware made an error when they implemented a feature with the way the bonus spells are set up (which was only fixed in PST), resulting with more bonus mid-level spells and less low-level bonus spells than intended. This component tries to blend both options so that players will end up having the bonuses of both tables consistently excluding one caveat: both PnP and BG provides the first level 4 bonus spells on Wisdom 18 which breaks a pattern and is thereby delayed.

See https://github.com/GraionDilach/RandomGraionTweaks#component-100-mixed-pnp-bg-wisdom-based-bonus-spells-table for a table visualization.

Component 10000 Bag of Spilling

There is a possibility that installing too many content/item mods pushes out some of the crucial items from a creature's inventory. This component goes through all creatures and collect all such supposed to be __droppable__ but no longer available items and collects them into an unstealable one-way Bag of Spilling to the creature's eighth inventory slot. Undroppable items lost due to megamod installations are not recovered.

See this thread for the scenario this component covers.

For other modders: all the inventory data are exported to plaintext to weidu_external\zgtweaks\equipdump\(spilled-)FILENAME format for possible review. Undroppable spilled items are also listed and commented out.

Download: https://github.com/GraionDilach/RandomGraionTweaks/releases/latest

Thanks to everyone whose code I butchered to get this working!

(Sorry, I'm kinda tired by tonight but I wanted to get this done before I go to sleep).

Edited by Graion Dilach
2022-06-18 update

Will the (arcane) casters use the spells in the encounters? Or is that purely for the loot?

I find the labels of the components in setup.tra more clear that the component description you gave above. Maybe that's because I'm not an english native speaker, but I fond "level - 4" easier to understand than "on the level above 4 of ". Well, that's what the user is shown when installing so that's OK.

It is available for all EEs, so yes, it includes EET. And if you install any component from 10-13 range, mages and mobs casting arcane spells are eligible for scrolls (ogre mages, etc), if you install any component from the 20-23 range, divine spellcasters are eligible (clerics, xvart shamans etc.).

First post updated with v1.3 component list which includes the Bag of Spilling, a solution for @Gwaihir's problem of installing too many mods on top of each other, pushing crucial items away. I've mostly checked the results but I'll look into all the further issues which cam come up with it.

18 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

First post updated with v1.3 component list which includes the Bag of Spilling

Dang, that looks cool! Thank you for putting a lot of work into fixing this sort of edge cases. Can I test this for you if I install it directly into my EET game and reload a save before the Davaeorn fight?

That should work, yes. The sole remaining issue I have with this currently is to come up with a solution for the random treasures pushed outside (1.31 dealt with the undroppable items and seemingly empty bags) - they pop up as broken items which can be picked up and then needs to be dropped out from the inventory to transform into the actual item. Since I don't know a way to trigger the randomization in a store code and doing it during the install would break the point of the RNG, I'll probably offer a component selection to either skip them or mask them so they advertise themselves as "Random Treasure". This still works nonetheless.

You can randomize them at installation time with RANDOM. Offer players to reinstall the mod to get a different spread. This only randomizes items between different CRE files, not between spawned instances of the same CRE file, but it is something. More to the point, why limit scrolls to spells with IDS entries? I, for one, have many all kinds of spells that don't follow the SPWI-etc. format. They are just not available for selection when starting up, they have to be found on scrolls, but that is more or less how I want them anyway. Instead of the IDS entries you should look at the standard properties of wizard scrolls: two abilities, the second with the Learn spell effect, not critical items, "Magic" and so on. 

I don't want to break intention, so static randomization is out. I've already tested that patching the random treasures with an icon and a description text works, so I can simply just turn all of them onto a treasure box with explaining it in the description how to open them. I already have the solution, I just need to weidufy it.

I also find it amusing that my solution doesn't work with your spells. That's your bug and my feature. If you want to brag about the many ways how you fucking ignore standards (both the game's and the community's), do it outside my thread (SPWIX entries above 50 are also unavailable to sorcerers, so there are free slots there). I do consider not supporting OlvynChuru's spell tool to bypass the 50-spell-limit as a bug, because that is a documented standard. Again, a standard. You know, like modder prefixes.

Mod compatibility doesn't mean that you tell others how to deal with the trash you've generated because you don't care about/intentionally ignore the environment. Get the fuck outta my thread, you hypocrite.

With this kind of reply, there is no need for an elaboration, is there? To others who are looking into this thread and incidentally might be interested in playing my mods: don't be scared away. I use a different and more secure system than prefixes, and I give spells through a different mechanism. Graion doesn't know what he is talking about.

Yeah, I don't know what I'm talking about simply because I validate the possible spell I find in the supposed-to-be-scroll's "Learn spell" effect to prevent distributing possibly-broken scrolls, like for example, Firkraag's scroll - yes, that one has an op145. Then again, I never feel the need to hijack another modder's release topics for exposure and attention either.

The bag of spilling is working pretty well for my EET install. I tried v1.31 and just now uninstalled and installed this newest, the items 'pushed aside' in Davaeorn's inventory were available and the random treasure icons are definitely an acceptable compromise. One thing I noticed is, the bag seems to be randomly given to npcs that shouldn't need it. Played a couple of fights, and two of the enemies dropped just one item, plus the bag of spilling. Once the bag contained a lrather armor, the other random treasure.