Project: Spells Missing Ability Headers

So they don't get lost in time (yes, a pun), I've copied your current list to a new thread (if you continue checking through the spells, they're going to get lost in these latter pages).

I'd suggest updating the new thread with the results from your review of the spells, and leaving this one to whatever miscellany comes along.

If that is the case, then this is the type of thing that should be in the IEDSP. The fractional system for spell casting timers which is different from how all the other timers in the game work is completely counter-intuitive for me. It really doesn't make sense to me why Bioware would have used two different timing methods when one would have worked just fine on its own.

If that is the case, then this is the type of thing that should be in the IEDSP. The fractional system for spell casting timers which is different from how all the other timers in the game work is completely counter-intuitive for me. It really doesn't make sense to me why Bioware would have used two different timing methods when one would have worked just fine on its own.
Initiative rounds. Speed factors for both weapons and spells relate directly to the personal initiative round, not the game clock. If your spell is speed 5 and his is 6, or your weapon speed 3 and hers 4, you win. Of course, if his personal initiative round started before yours, you'll see little or no benefit ("personal initiative," sadly, makes speed factor largely irrelevant -- it's doesn't seem very probable that everybody's clock is going to start ticking at the same time).

To put it simply: the casting speed and weapon speed factor don't really have anything to do with time, but have everything to do with speed and how quickly you can perform an action (be it make an attack or cast a spell). Faster = better.

If some wants to write a brief summary (or an extended one) and suggest whereabouts to place it (misc, linked to from the spl format?), I'll include it.

If there's anything else anyone would like to see included, feel free to suggest it.

OK, the spells listed by devSin have been patched with the missing headers added. There were a few other fixes devSin included in addition to the missing headers:

• Animate Dead (sppr301) had incorrect percentages at levels 1 and 11
  • Animate Dead had wrong icons at some levels
  • Cone of Cold (spwi503) had incorrect range in its lowest ability header
  • Cone of Cold had inconsistent damage splitting (between save vs, non-save); I've made this a consistent progression

Conjure Air Elemental still needs fixes for the HD of the summoned creatures, as reported independently by Cirerrek. The level 1 and 2 spell issues reported by NiGHTMARE were split into a new thread and progress will be tracked there.

Added to the wiki.

Archived