installs correctly, but widescreen mode doesn't seem to work for me

anon

the widescreen mod install runs without errors for me, but doesn't appear to make any difference. The GUI nav panels don't seem to scale at all.

I followed the mod install directions, but wondering if I'm missing something? update an .ini maybe?

Env: Linux (LinuxMint), gemrb, freshi install of IWD, HoW and TotL using wine

thanks in advance.

Edited by anon

The GUI won't scale, of course it won't, the assets stay the same, well except there is a few duplicants so the GUI looks like it goes everywhere it should. But you can set your resolution to be whatever you like it to be in fullscreen mode, unlike in the original where you only had 2 options which are bad in every resolution except the two they were set at. If you want to play in 3840x2160, then you choose to prepare to squint REALLY hard, but you can set it to that. Not so radical is to play in 1920x1080, or 1600x900(this is still really small actually, even on 65" TV). Realistically if you don't want to squint, you should go with one of there resolutions, depending on which type of monitor/display_device you have, but so it won't need to strech the picture in one direction, while being able to still see the pixels, as the game is intended to be able to see them from the dozens neighboring ones, s othe important bit is the monitors display ratio:

2880px-Vector_Video_Standards8.svg.png

And in case it's not clear, if you want to see the GUI bigger/better, you lower the resolution. Cause it doesn't scale. This mod was originally intended to be used in cases like mine; 24" monitor and 1920x1080 mode, that was about 0.75 meters away from the user.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Well, there's the whole IWDEE, that has the native Linux port, native resolution settings and scaling GUI, and zoom. So not really.

And we are talking about the spacer/background objects between the GUI elements.  Aka, it doesn't matter how many times you use it, it's just a border that can look funny if done wrong and has textures that cuts, but should look correct.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola