Tweaks Anthology v11 (now v12) Now Available

The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of nearly 200 components of cosmetic changes, house rules, and other tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed changes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

Version 11 updates the Russian and Italian translations, revamps Unique Icons, and fixes a few minor issues. Version 12 fixes the Polish translation I borked in v11.

Version 12 Changelog

"How can I be so bad at everything I try, and still be so great?"

• Mangled the Polish translation during conversion; AL|EN fixed this plus a minor regexp bug
  • Universal Clubs was not allowing sorcerer kits (e.g. Dragon Disciple) to put a weapon proficiency point in clubs

Version 11 Changelog

"If they put me on a stamp, tell them to use the young Bender."

• Updated Italian and Russian translations thanks to improb@bile and abalabokhin, respectively
  • Many improvements for Unique Icons: it now has its own, substantially improved documentation; it's been extended to cover the BG portion of the game; Lava has graciously given us new, unique icons for the BG2 items from the 'bonus merchants', Joluv and Deidre
  • Fixed a bug with Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters where it would display the summoning puff of smoke on level-ups, and (on BGEE) play a random Imoen dialogue line
  • Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent was available for all games, but it should only be available for oBG2/BGT games without the BG2 Fixpack
  • Changed the way the mod handles character sets for non-English installs. This is an internal change to make development smoother and should not affect players.
Edited by CamDawg
v12

Discovered a bug caused by the "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn [DavidW/Zed Nocear]" component:

Normally, if Neera is removed from the party, she will say that I can find her at the Friendly Arm Inn.  After she departs, she is supposed to go to the Friendly Arm Inn and wait for me there.

With the "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn [DavidW/Zed Nocear]" component installed: If Neera is removed from the party, she does NOT say anything about being at the Friendly Arm Inn before she leaves.  She does not give any option of sending her to an inn; ( (I have already visited the Friendly Arm Inn and Jovial Juggler at that point.)  She does NOT go to the Friendly Arm Inn as she is default to do after being dismissed from the party.  She leaves, and then she is gone for good and unrecoverable.  I can't find her at the Friendly Arm Inn.

When that problem happened in my game, I immediately suspected the  "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn" component was causing it.  So I re-ran setup-cdtweaks.exe, uninstalled only that one component, and left everything else "no change".  Afterward, dismissing Neera worked properly again, (i.e., she showed up in the Friendly Arm Inn after being dismissed from the party.)

I suspect that, in addition to Neera, other new NPC companions added by the Enhanced Edition — i.e., Dorn, Rasaad, and Baeloth — also have the same problem with the "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn" component.

I don't know if or how the "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn [DavidW/Zed Nocear]" component deals with the removal of Neera from the party, because Neera has a voiced dialogue line (and text) as she is removed, which says I can find her at the Friendly Arm Inn.

Notes: I was using Tweak Anthology version 10 when I had the problem. However, I read the Version History and saw that the problem was not fixed or mentioned in versions 11 and 12.

Edited by ktchong

A couple implementation issues with the "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn [DavidW/Zed Nocear]" component: 

1. This issue is with the "paired" companions:

Xzar and Montaron, Jaheira and Khalid, etc.  If I removed BOTH companions in the pair, (i.e., at the "Reform Party" menu, remove one of the pair, and then remove the other one,) one of the pair would bid me farewell and immediately give me the option of sending him to an inn; (I imagine this is how the tweak is supposed to work when I remove an individual companion from the party;) however, the other one would just bid me farewell and NOT give me the option.

If I removed only one of the pair at the "Reform Party" menu, the one being removed would bid me farewell and brought the other one along as he left, but he  did not give me the option of sending him/her to an inn.  I had to speak to him again to get the option of sending him to an inn.

Also, after dismissing one of the pair from the party: if I sent one of the pair to an inn, the other one would stay at the same spot and not follow, (i.e., the pair was split up.)  Of course, I can speak to the other one and send him to the same inn, or I can send him to a different inn, (which would split up the pair.)    Ideally, if I sent one of the pair to an inn, the other one would just automatically follow, (as they are a pair.) 

2. When I remove an individual companion from the party, the companion bids me goodbye but does not immediately gives me the options of telling her to wait there or sending him/her Friendly Arm or another Inn.  I have to speak to her again to get the option of sending her to an inn. I imagine the companion is supposed to immediately give me the option of sending her to an inn  as she bids me farewell.

Again, I was using Tweak Anthology version 10.

Edited by ktchong
On 3/13/2022 at 6:24 AM, ktchong said:

With the "Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn [DavidW/Zed Nocear]" component installed: If Neera is removed from the party, she does NOT say anything about being at the Friendly Arm Inn before she leaves.  She does not give any option of sending her to an inn; ( (I have already visited the Friendly Arm Inn and Jovial Juggler at that point.)  She does NOT go to the Friendly Arm Inn as she is default to do after being dismissed from the party.  She leaves, and then she is gone for good and unrecoverable.  I can't find her at the Friendly Arm Inn.

I'm unable to replicate this one, at least. Is this on a BGEE/SoD game or an EET game?

On 3/13/2022 at 6:48 AM, ktchong said:

1. This issue is with the "paired" companions:

Xzar and Montaron, Jaheira and Khalid, etc.  If I removed BOTH companions in the pair, (i.e., at the "Reform Party" menu, remove one of the pair, and then remove the other one,) one of the pair would bid me farewell and immediately give me the option of sending him to an inn; (I imagine this is how the tweak is supposed to work when I remove an individual companion from the party;) however, the other one would just bid me farewell and NOT give me the option.

If I removed only one of the pair at the "Reform Party" menu, the one being removed would bid me farewell and brought the other one along as he left, but he  did not give me the option of sending him/her to an inn.  I had to speak to him again to get the option of sending him to an inn.

Also, after dismissing one of the pair from the party: if I sent one of the pair to an inn, the other one would stay at the same spot and not follow, (i.e., the pair was split up.)  Of course, I can speak to the other one and send him to the same inn, or I can send him to a different inn, (which would split up the pair.)    Ideally, if I sent one of the pair to an inn, the other one would just automatically follow, (as they are a pair.)

2. When I remove an individual companion from the party, the companion bids me goodbye but does not immediately gives me the options of telling her to wait there or sending him/her Friendly Arm or another Inn.  I have to speak to her again to get the option of sending her to an inn. I imagine the companion is supposed to immediately give me the option of sending her to an inn  as she bids me farewell.

#2 is how it's supposed to work; when dismissed they just stay there and you talk to them again to send them somewhere. #1 is a confluence of how both components work--you dismiss the companions together, as normal, but then you can ask one back. In accordance with #2, they'll just stand around instead of leaving for somewhere.

It's a little wonky, but AFAICT it's working. All companions always try to speak to the PC when kicked. Normally when you kick, say, Jaheira and Khalid, they both try to speak to the PC. One speaks to the PC first, you confirm their dismissal, and they interrupt and override the action of their companion so that they leave together. With both components installed, the first NPC confirms the dismissal, and then stands around, and the second still approaches and speaks since there's no longer an interrupt/override. Since the dismissal is already confirmed, the second NPC's chat--even though they initiated it--is treated like the followup talk where you can send them to an inn.

Guest Wilsoch

This is likely user error, but after installing the anthology, I cannot quick save (and automatic quick saves don't work). I'm told there isn't enough disk space left (which is not true on any of my hard drives).   Any idea what the issue is (or more likely, what I did wrong)?