Poll: Unique Icons for items like Perdue's Short Sword of Koveras' Ring?

Poll: Unique Icons for items like Perdue's Short Sword of Koveras' Ring?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey, people. I've been tagged here twice so I thought I would let you know that 110 item icons were created for BG games, but they still need to be turned into working bams, tested, so some more time may be needed, but that means there will no longer be icon duplicates.

Creating the graphics themselves is not the only step and we wouldn't want them to display in a wrong way or something. I hope you'll like them once they are coded and we know everything works right.

Cheers

We would need to ask @CamDawg :) I also provided "big bams" so if it's supposed to work for old bg2 they may need to be resized for the small bams and shadows would need to be dropped. Is that something you too may help with? 

Aaaanyway, I suppose it all depends on Cam and his plans. So let's wait for him :)

14 hours ago, Sam. said:

Need any help with that?

Cheers, and thanks for the offer. I should be able to (at least semi-)automate the process so I don't think it'll take too long--if that's not the case then I may take you up on the offer.

Hello

Daulmakan's Item Pack for Baldur's Gate II already replaces the icons for some of the items listed.

Copied from the readme;

"new BAMs for Perdue’s Sword, Edwin’s Amulet, History of the Sisters of Light and Darkness, and the Vial of Mysterious Liquid."

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41865-item-pack-v18/

I have no idea if this mod works on the EE versions of the games.

New icons for all the other stuff listed in the first post would be great though.

Thanks

The way I've coded Unique Icons, these items will only get new icons if they're using the existing (shared) icon. In other words, if you use Daulmakan's Item Pack and it puts in new icons for these items, installing this tweak over the top of it will leave Daulmakan's icons in place.

On 3/14/2022 at 5:43 AM, Daulmakan said:

I add bams for these and Perdue's in my mod if you want to note the ones I use, I think they were IWD recycles

@Daulmakan - does it mean you use IWD recycles for those? Because I made unique bams that should match BG style better. Don't get me wrong, but if it changes one recycle for a different kind of reclycle, perhaps we should use the uniqe icon rather than leave the recycles? I thought I would ask plainly, no matter what the answer is, it's fine with me.

EDIT:

Checked - Perdue's sword is an IWD icon. Perhaps we should use BG-style unique items even with Daulmakan's Item Pack? If that's fine for both @Daulmakan and @CamDawg. Mostly for the sake of keeping the style consistent?

Edited by Lava
On 3/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, Lava said:

@Daulmakan - does it mean you use IWD recycles for those? Because I made unique bams that should match BG style better. Don't get me wrong, but if it changes one recycle for a different kind of reclycle, perhaps we should use the uniqe icon rather than leave the recycles? I thought I would ask plainly, no matter what the answer is, it's fine with me.

EDIT:

Checked - Perdue's sword is an IWD icon. Perhaps we should use BG-style unique items even with Daulmakan's Item Pack? If that's fine for both @Daulmakan and @CamDawg. Mostly for the sake of keeping the style consistent?

Hey Lava.

It means I've gotten older and completely forgot what icons I used when I posted that haha. I have no problem at all either way, especially if you created new items from scratch. I just thought I'd mention it in my previous post.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:41 PM, Guest Nathan82 said:

I completely missed daulmakan already commenting on this, sorry

Makes me glad someone's still playing my mod. 😊

Yep, I made all those icons, sometimes I based on existing ones, like with Perdue's sword, which still looks like a short sword, but with slightly different hilt :) Enough to make it looks slightly different, but still a small enough change to indicate it's mostly a normal short sword :)