Vlad Mods for EE

On 6/24/2022 at 4:02 PM, Guest Morgoth said:

I'm interested too if there are news concerning the compilation. :)

Still working on it, slowly but steadily. About 80% complete, I think.

On 6/24/2022 at 2:50 PM, Abdal said:

Hi, any chance that the Leina's romance might also get adapted to EE in the same way as Sime's?

Non-zero. 😀 But I'm not really motivated to adapt Leina to EE as she's the SoA-only NPC.

On 6/24/2022 at 4:49 PM, Endarire said:

I also had interest in having Vlad's Neverending Journey be updated to EET as a way to play IWD in EET, but with the ability to travel mostly freely between IWD and the rest of the Sword Coast that was unlocked.

NEJ is out of scope of this project. tipun's IWD-to-EET project will be more suitable for your request and it's already playable.

7 hours ago, Arkie said:

Non-zero. 😀 But I'm not really motivated to adapt Leina to EE as she's the SoA-only NPC.

Thats a shame, I did not even recall that Leina was only SoA. I remembered said romance fondly nevertheless.

What about Shar Teel? I think she also got quests and interjections in SoA (I do not think she got a romance though) at least including a fair amount of banters with Leina too. Leina might have had talks with Sime as well if I recall well...

Oh well...still hoping that maybe something will come out. Even if its just a beta.

Edited by Abdal
6 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

I think he meant Sime. Leina has tob content.

I believe that Sime had some small amount of toB content too. Like the master wraith scene and an epilogue. Maybe also Sime's reaction to becoming/rejecting a god of murder by the end.

But yeah, I'm almost sure that I recall Leina having tob content despite playing the mod with her many years ago...

Edited by Abdal

Both NPCs are missing specific ToB content. They only have (nearly identical) endings and Sime has a wraith scene.

8 hours ago, Abdal said:

But yeah, I'm almost sure that I recall Leina having tob content despite playing the mod with her many years ago...

I guess the original coding allowed lovetalks to play both in SoA and ToB. I partly redid scripts in Sime and she will talk only in SoA. It's should be enough to see all ~20 talks.

2 hours ago, Arkie said:

Both NPCs are missing specific ToB content. They only have (nearly identical) endings and Sime has a wraith scene.

I guess the original coding allowed lovetalks to play both in SoA and ToB. I partly redid scripts in Sime and she will talk only in SoA. It's should be enough to see all ~20 talks.

But then why Sime got an adaptation to EE despite them having a similar situation but Leina (probably) won't? 😢

That said its a shame both did not get more for ToB in the original version... 😭

Its the curse of many BG2 NPC mods that only get SoA content.

Still hoping (but toned it down) that maybe Leina or Shar Teel content will get a EE version...

Any plans for other parts of Vlad's compilation to get adapted? Like the Third Path or Restored Twisted Rune stuff?

Guest Morgoth

I'm still out there. By the way I remember that a hard part of splitting vlad compilation (or was it Nej?) was the reliance on baldurash fixpack. How did you fix it? Did Tipun help you?

Yes, Vlad Compilation structure was a nightmare to untangle and split into components, but I rarely needed to move stuff from Baldurdash resources. I'd say Baldurdash being a hard requirement for Vlad Compilation mods is an overstatement.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:04 AM, Arkie said:

I'd say Baldurdash being a hard requirement for Vlad Compilation mods is an overstatement.

Thing with this is, the (non-EE) BG2 games script files(11 of them, I had a list it you are intrested ) were a disaster just waiting to happen, and without the G3BG2Fixpack, they didn't work ... unless you fixed them yourself, so that's where the Baldurdash came into play. The difference between the fixes were moding stands ... and but let's not talk about it here.

The list is this: rdog.bcs, rdwarf.bcs, retter.bcs, rgibbler.bcs, rhalflin.bcs, rhobcoba.bcs, rhobcobf.bcs, rkobold.bcs, rogre.bcs, rsiren.bcs and rsirene.bcs ...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola