[Bug report] EE content bugs

jmerry

On 10/9/2022 at 9:42 AM, CamDawg said:

chevil01 is definitely wrong, as this is a bug inherited from 1pp. Since kobolds don't have a shortbow animation, it moves the existing short bow to inventory (losing the undroppable flag in the process) and equips an undroppable dupe with a longbow animation. The same is true for chevil03's bastard sword (ogre mages only have a long sword animation) except that in this case the original bastard sword was droppable.

chevil01 needs a fix, and I'm inclined to make the rest undroppable as well. As polytope says, this isn't a farmable exploit, and getting a pile of +1 long swords and bastard swords in ToB is not moving the needle on anything. However, the overall consistency of undroppable flags on the other creatures in the series suggests this was an oversight.

This is committed.

I'm not sure that was reported before.

There is a block in DORN.BCS in BG2EE. It says:

IF
	Global("OHD_PLOT","GLOBAL",1)
	Global("OHD_KNOWS_DORN","LOCALS",0)
	InParty(Myself)
	GlobalLT("OHD_JOURNAL_BEGIN","LOCALS",2)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("OHD_KNOWS_DORN","LOCALS",1)
		SetGlobal("OHD_JOURNAL_BEGIN","LOCALS",2)
		EraseJournalEntry(91090)  // I encountered an old acquaintance, the half-orc Dorn Il-Khan, lurking outside Athkatla's Temple of the Radiant Heart this <DAYNIGHTALL>. His intent was clearly sinister. Whatever he plans, I want nothing to do with it.
		EraseJournalEntry(91091)  // I encountered a sinister half-orc named Dorn Il-Khan this <DAYNIGHTALL>, lurking round the Temple of the Radiant Heart. I know not what he has planned, and in truth I do not want to know.
		AddJournalEntry(91092,INFO)  // I encountered Dorn Il-Khan this <DAYNIGHTALL>. The sinister half-orc was lurking round the Temple of the Radiant Heart, waiting for an opportunity to slay a priest named Bollard Firejaw. Dorn's power would make him a valuable ally—I believe I shall assist him in this endeavor.
END

I believe that SetGlobal("OHD_KNOWS_DORN","LOCALS",1) is there by accident. That LOCAL variable also triggers specific romance talks. So even if you told Dorn the two of you meet for the first time in Athkatla, since that script sets the variable to 1, the romance talks will assume they travelled together before.

So, this block says "If OHD_KNOWS_DORN is 0 (they did not work together in BG1 and/or SoD) then advance quest and set OHD_KNOWS_DORN to 1 (as if they worked together after all)".

I presume it was supposed to increase the plot variable, or a brand new one, or something, not OHD_KNOWS_DORN. Because it increases OHD_KNOWS_DORN, player can never experience talks that assume they just met.

[BGEE] Hello, I would like to report a bug related to journal system.

Journal entry stringref #26858 points to incorrect journal title stringref #31400, which is "Tandem in Extremis".
Entry should point to #31401 "Tazok and the bandits" as journal title suggest, because it is related to Tazok quest, not to Sarevok!

As per my understanding, the fix should be a change in SQL quest ID from 131 to 132.

Thanks.

Edited by Roberciiik
On 10/20/2022 at 5:51 AM, Lava said:

There is a block in DORN.BCS in BG2EE. It says:

This is fixed in the breakout thread.

Launchers that generate their own ammo--specifically Tansheron's Bow, Shortbow of Gesen, Sling of Seeking, Firetooth (regular and upgraded)--override the projectile of loaded ammo. This means that, for example, normal arrows in Tansheron's Bow can bypass Protection from Normal Missiles. Removing the projectile from the launcher headers fixes this.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:44 AM, Roberciiik said:

[BGEE] Hello, I would like to report a bug related to journal system.

Journal entry stringref #26858 points to incorrect journal title stringref #31400, which is "Tandem in Extremis".
Entry should point to #31401 "Tazok and the bandits" as journal title suggest, because it is related to Tazok quest, not to Sarevok!

As per my understanding, the fix should be a change in SQL quest ID from 131 to 132.

Thanks.

Journal entry headers are set by the LUA; this journal entry shows up under "Important Events" in 2.6.

On 10/28/2022 at 5:21 AM, argent77 said:

[PSTEE] Names of parameters 2 and 3 for ExploreMapChunk() should be swapped in ACTION.IDS

Fixed.

14 hours ago, CamDawg said:

Launchers that generate their own ammo--specifically Tansheron's Bow, Shortbow of Gesen, Sling of Seeking, Firetooth (regular and upgraded)--override the projectile of loaded ammo. This means that, for example, normal arrows in Tansheron's Bow can bypass Protection from Normal Missiles. Removing the projectile from the launcher headers fixes this.

Fixed.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:07 PM, CamDawg said:

Journal entry headers are set by the LUA; this journal entry shows up under "Important Events" in 2.6.

It must have been fixed between 2.5 and 2.6. I was doubled confused because in the NI of BGEE 2.6 I can still see BGEE.SQL file that contains a line for journal quests variable:

26858, 131,0,0,'',-1, // Added for #1244

Thanks

Another bug in Hexxat's second dungeon, reported here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/86784/shroud-of-the-unproved-main-character-has-nothing-to-say-to-you-bug#latest

Steps to replicate:

1. Initiate conversation with the stone face. "Who would enter the tomb of the Prophet Unproved?" "Answer now or return from whence you came."

2. Reply with "That is no concern of yours."

3. The face repeats itself with another "Answer now or return from whence you came."

4. Reply with "That is no concern of yours." again.

5. The dialogue terminates.

6. Attempting to interact with the face again results in the message "<CHARNAME> has nothing to say to you." It is no longer possible to progress and finish the area.

The way this one works: an invisible creature ohhstone is created, and player 1 speaks to it when you click the face. It's all on OHHSTONE.DLG and local variables from here. The main variable controlling this is OHH_stoneface, local to OH7200. That starts at 0, becomes 1 when you give a name, and becomes 2 when you solve the riddle. Another variable is needed to determine what name the face refers to you by; you can either give your character's real name or the fake name "Killen of the Shining Plains". The problem comes in if OHH_stoneface goes to 1 without giving a name, and that happens with this specific path.

State 0 is the initial line, only available if OHH_stoneface is zero.

State 1 is the first "Answer now..." prompt, with three replies: "I am <GABBER>.", "Why do you ask?" and "That is no concern of yours." The first reply sets OHH_stoneface and also OHH_charname (local to the ohhstone creature). The second reply doesn't set a variable. The third sets OHH_stoneface but not a name. That first reply takes you to state 4, while the other two take you to state 2.

State 2 is a second "Answer now" prompt, now with four replies: "That is no concern of yours.", "And if I don't want to answer?", "I am Killen of the Shining Plains.", and "I will not." The first reply takes you to state 4, the third reply takes you to state 3 (setting OHH_stoneface and a new variable OHH_killen in the process), and the other two loop back to state 2.

State 3 requires OHH_stoneface (local to OH7200) and OHH_killen (local to ohhstone) to be set, and starts the real questioning. With player 1 being referred to with a fake name. It's also valid as an entry point for the dialogue, used to return if you get a question wrong.

State 4 requires OHH_stoneface (local to OH7200) and OHH_charname (local to ohhstone) to be set, and starts the real questioning. With player 1 being referred to with their real name. It's also valid as an entry point for the dialogue, used to return if you get a question wrong.

So, the bug: you go through things, setting OHH_stoneface but not either name variable. You get dumped out of the dialogue with a bad link, and then there are no valid entry points. How do we fix it? Well, I'd start by killing the action attached to the third reply of state 1. That way, it's no longer possible to set OHH_stoneface without also setting a name variable. Then, at state 2, replace the GOTO 4 on the first reply with an EXIT. It makes sense to have a way to back out of the dialogue at this point, but sending you to a state you don't meet the requirements for isn't the way to do it.

In .D code, the recommended edits:

ALTER_TRANS OHHSTONE BEGIN 1 END BEGIN 2 END ACTION ~~ END
ALTER_TRANS OHHSTONE BEGIN 2 END BEGIN 0 END EPILOGUE ~EXIT~ END

For completeness, here's the relevant parts of the unaltered OHHSTONE.DLG in .D form:

Spoiler
IF ~  Global("OHH_stoneface","OH7200",0)
~ THEN BEGIN 0 // from:
  SAY #84495 /* ~Who would enter the Tomb of the Prophet Unproved?~ */
  IF ~~ THEN GOTO 1
  IF ~  IfValidForPartyDialogue("imoen2")
~ THEN EXTERN ~IMOEN2J~ 64
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1 // from: 0.0
  SAY #84522 /* ~Answer now or return from whence you came.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84523 /* ~I am <GABBER>.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("OHH_stoneface","OH7200",1)
SetGlobal("OHH_charname","LOCALS",1)
~ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84524 /* ~Why do you ask?~ */ GOTO 2
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84789 /* ~That is no concern of yours.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("OHH_stoneface","OH7200",1)
~ GOTO 2
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 2 // from: 1.1 1.2 2.1 2.3
  SAY #84522 /* ~Answer now or return from whence you came.~ */
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84525 /* ~That is no concern of yours.~ */ GOTO 4
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84526 /* ~And if I don't want to answer?~ */ GOTO 2
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84527 /* ~I am Killen of the Shining Plains.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("OHH_stoneface","OH7200",1)
SetGlobal("OHH_killen","LOCALS",1)
~ GOTO 3
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84528 /* ~I will not.~ */ GOTO 2
END

IF ~  Global("OHH_stoneface","OH7200",1)
Global("OHH_killen","LOCALS",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 3 // from: 2.2
  SAY #84529 /* ~Answer my questions, Killen of the Shining Plains, and prove yourself worthy. Four hakima predicted the birth of the Great Prophet. What were their names?~ */
  IF ~  Global("OHH_hakimanames","GLOBAL",1)
~ THEN REPLY #84530 /* ~Rabi'ah, Aminah, Bilqis, and Sukayna.~ */ GOTO 7
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84531 /* ~Heddrin, Geddrin, Ceddrin, and Malau.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84533 /* ~Tariqqa, Malika, Tsuraya, and Alima.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84534 /* ~I had a fruitful discussion with the ladies in question, but I cannot recall their names.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84535 /* ~I do not know.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84536 /* ~You already know their names.~ */ GOTO 5
END

IF ~  Global("OHH_stoneface","OH7200",1)
Global("OHH_charname","LOCALS",1)
~ THEN BEGIN 4 // from: 1.0 2.0
  SAY #84537 /* ~Answer my questions, <GABBER>, and prove yourself worthy. Four hakima predicted the birth of the Great Prophet. What are their names?~ */
  IF ~  Global("OHH_hakimanames","GLOBAL",1)
~ THEN REPLY #84530 /* ~Rabi'ah, Aminah, Bilqis, and Sukayna.~ */ GOTO 7
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84531 /* ~Heddrin, Geddrin, Ceddrin, and Malau.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84533 /* ~Tariqqa, Malika, Tsuraya, and Alima.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84534 /* ~I had a fruitful discussion with the ladies in question, but I cannot recall their names.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84535 /* ~I do not know.~ */ GOTO 5
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #84536 /* ~You already know their names.~ */ GOTO 5
END

Edited by jmerry

[BG2] Ler at Waukeen's Promenade should not attempt to initiate conversation after meeting Gaelan Bayle

Ler, one of the bystanders from the Irenicus/Cowled Wizards incident, is scripted to walk over to the party and talk to you after the cutscene is over. But he can be easily dodged if you move swiftly to the map exit.

Observed:
Ler still attempts to talk to the party if you return to Waukeen's Promenade after talking to Gaelan Bayle.

Expected:
Ler should not attempt to start a conversation on his own after talking to Gaelan Bayle.

This behavior could be fixed by adding a chapter check to his script (BYSTAND1.BCS).