[Bug report] EE content bugs

jmerry

PST - Ingress' Teeth should not change damage type if changed to be a magical weapon

- Start a new game and end the conversation with Morte.
- Give some XP: C:SetCurrentXP(1320000)
- Open Morte's character record and click Level Up.
- Spawn Ingress' Teeth: C:CreateItem("IPTEETH") and equip them on Morte.
- Right-click Ingress' Teeth and click Use.
- Note that you can select "I want you to do crushing damage."
- Select 2 > 1 instead - "I want you to become a magical weapon."
- Open Morte's inventory.
- Right-click Ingress' Teeth and click Use.

Observed:
"I want you to do piercing damage."

Expected:
"I want you to do crushing damage."

Notes:
This is an issue for "I want you to become a more powerful magic weapon." and "I want you to become the best magical weapon you can." as well.

TransformPartyItem("IPTeeth","M1CTeeth",1,0,0)
TransformPartyItem("M1PTeeth","M2CTeeth",1,0,0)
TransformPartyItem("M2PTeeth","M3CTeeth",1,0,0)

should be

TransformPartyItem("IPTeeth","M1PTeeth",1,0,0)
TransformPartyItem("M1PTeeth","M2PTeeth",1,0,0)
TransformPartyItem("M2PTeeth","M3PTeeth",1,0,0)

SoD - Paralytic Bolt should have the correct saving throw type, weight, and stun duration

- Start a new SoD game with the Abdel pre-gen.
- Give some XP to Abdel: C:SetCurrentXP("500000")
- Level him up and give him one proficiency point in Crossbows.
- Spawn some Paralytic Bolts: C:CreateItem("SAHBOLT",40)
- Spawn a crossbow: C:CreateItem("XBOW04")
- Have Dynaheir identify the bolts and then equip them and the crossbow on Abdel.
- Read the description of the bolts.
- Note the weight of the bolts.
- Have Abdel attack Khalid until he makes a saving throw.
- Have Abdel attack Khalid until he is stunned and measure how long he stays stunned and how long the stun icon is shown on his portrait.

Observed:
The save type in the description is Save vs. Paralysis while the actual save type is Save vs. Spell.
The weight in the description and in-game is 1.
The stun duration in the description is 5 rounds (30 s) and in-game the stun duration and portrait icon duration is 6 rounds (36 s).
There is a text that says "must making a Saving Throw" in the description.

Expected:
The save type in the description is Save vs. Paralysis and the actual save type matches that (Save vs. Death).
The weight in the description and in-game is 0.
The stun duration in the description is 5 rounds (30 s) and in-game the stun duration and portrait icon duration is 5 rounds (30 s).
There is a text that says "must make a Saving Throw" in the description.

Notes:
In an unmodded game the bolts are only used by Gurgle and Floss.

The description is (string 52365):
Any target hit by this bolt must making a Saving Throw or be paralyzed for 5 rounds.

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
– Hit target is stunned for 5 rounds (Save vs. Paralysis negates)

Damage: 1d10 (missile)
Launcher: Crossbow

Weight: 1

Dont know if the following has already been dealt with in 2.6 (iOS users are still om 2.5) or if it already mentioned, but

1) in SoD the game didnt stack all ac modifiers correctly. For instance the ring of the crusade gave an ac modifier against demons (iirc) and the ring of purity gave an ac modifier against evil. They didnt stack, which I find odd, and most players consider it a bug. I dont know if it was a SoD only problem, but I suspect it is present in all games,

2) not so much a bug, but it would be neat if ac bonuses would show on the character sheat. The ac bonusses for piercing, slashing and crushing are shown on your sheat, but not other types (evil, demons, dragons and such). It is not important, but would nice if it could be handled. I suspect the answer may be that nothing is simple in the IE - and I can live with that..

3) and while I am at the outrageous wishes… how about showing the effects of luck and chant …

39 minutes ago, StummvonBordwehr said:

1) in SoD the game didnt stack all ac modifiers correctly. For instance the ring of the crusade gave an ac modifier against demons (iirc) and the ring of purity gave an ac modifier against evil. They didnt stack, which I find odd, and most players consider it a bug. I dont know if it was a SoD only problem, but I suspect it is present in all games,

The opcodes involved that grant the "vs. Creature Type" bonuses do not stack numerically (be it AC/Saves(219), THAC0(178), or damage(179)).

BGEE, SoD, BG2EE and IWDEE: Symbolic value for the Neothelid animation should exist

Observed:
There is no entry for the Neothelid animation available in both ANIMATE.IDS and ANISND.IDS.

Expected:
The entry "0x3001 NEOTHELID" exists in ANIMATE.IDS.
The entry "0x3001 MNEO CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_NEOTHELID" exists in ANISND.IDS.

BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE: Animation INI stub file for Neothelid should exist

Observed:
Stub file 3001.INI with creature animation definitions for the Neothelid does not exist.

Expected:
File 3001.INI exists in the game.

20 hours ago, hook71 said:

SoD - Paralytic Bolt should have the correct saving throw type, weight, and stun duration

What about resist_dispel...?

Currently, op45/142 are Dispellable and Bypass MR, whereas op139 does not bypass MR (dispellability is irrelevant here since it's an instantaneous effect).

Guess that they should all be coded as `resist_dispel=0` (Natural/Nonmagical, i.e., Not dispel/Bypass MR) so as to match other ITM on-hit effects...?

Edited by Luke

BGEE - You should get gold when you return Perdue's short sword

# Start a new game with the Abdel pre-gen.
# Move to the Read Sheaf in Beregost: C:MoveToArea("AR3357")
# Talk to Perdue; select ( 2 )
# Spawn his sword: C:CreateItem("SW1H17")
# Talk to Perdue.

Observed:
Perdue says "Hmph. Figured maybe he'd eaten it by now. I hope you ran 'im through once or twice to get it, at least. Now take your 50 gold and be gone." (string 14816)

You do not get any gold.

Expected:
Perdue says "Hmph. Figured maybe he'd eaten it by now. I hope you ran 'im through once or twice to get it, at least. Now take your 50 gold and be gone." (string 14816)

You get 50 gold.

Notes:
The GLOBAL PerduePayment isn't set unless you manage to accept the quest. You were supposed to get either 50 or 75 gold for the quest depending on if you insulted Perdue or not but you can currently only get 50 gold. I guess that might be Unfinished Business content though.

Might be as good a place as any to let you know that this is an issue with the Enhanced Editions too:

with apologies for the subpar reporting format. I have a fix out in my Miscellaneous mod but I’ll remove it if the EEFP and/or a future Beamdog patch addresses the problem.

I'm going to start working through these, but I'll throw this out first: feel free to start new threads for issues. Having them concentrated in one place is actually a little harder to keep track of everything and make sure it gets addressed.