v2.0.3-Specific feedback here please

Hi @Daeros_Trollkiller, I think this may be typo: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SoD-to-BG2EE-Item-Upgrade/pull/21

Another thing I noticed the main component has a

REQUIRE_PREDICATE NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~cdtweaks/setup-cdtweaks.tp2~ ~1230~ @9038

with

@9038 = ~This mod is not compatible with the "Allow Cespenar to use Cromwell Recipes" component of the Tweaks mod you have installed.  Please uninstall that component, then install this mod.~

I may have understood incorrectly the installation order thing, but I suspect cdtweaks should be installed *after* sod2bg2, so the warning would probably not be shown in most case, isn't that the case ?

Edited by mickabouille
Guest D-GUY

Just an observation.  According to the mod description, the Cambion in Irenicus' lair is supposed to drop the Helm of Opposite Alignment. I have yet to every see him drop that or any helm for that matter.  I really like this item and would love to be able to obtain it.

Guest Steadfast

Is there a way to remove the spells?  It overwrites Icewind Dale Spells from IWDification even though I installed that afterward.  I'd like to keep the mod but making custom spells nonoptional kills it.  

Guest Meltphace Guest
On 4/28/2022 at 12:40 AM, Guest D-GUY said:

Just an observation.  According to the mod description, the Cambion in Irenicus' lair is supposed to drop the Helm of Opposite Alignment. I have yet to every see him drop that or any helm for that matter.  I really like this item and would love to be able to obtain it.

I also had this issue and looked into through EEKeeper. It looks like the helm was placed on the creature file IDEMON01 this is the file used when the Cambion is still trapped, but when you free it there's like a morphing script that switches it to IDEMON02. IDEMON02 does not have the helm in it's inventory. I added the helm to IDEMON02 inventory, saved the new .CRE file and it seems to work. 

I think this will be helpful to both creator of the mod and questioner. I was really confused as other items in the dungeon where correctly placed via the mod. 

On 6/27/2022 at 1:21 AM, Guest Meltphace Guest said:

I also had this issue and looked into through EEKeeper. It looks like the helm was placed on the creature file IDEMON01 this is the file used when the Cambion is still trapped, but when you free it there's like a morphing script that switches it to IDEMON02. IDEMON02 does not have the helm in it's inventory. I added the helm to IDEMON02 inventory, saved the new .CRE file and it seems to work. 

I think this will be helpful to both creator of the mod and questioner. I was really confused as other items in the dungeon where correctly placed via the mod. 

Thank you very much, anything that saves me time (which is becoming more scarce of a resource for me) is greatly appreciated.  This will be corrected in the next update.

Guest Meltphace
21 hours ago, Daeros_Trollkiller said:

Thank you very much, anything that saves me time (which is becoming more scarce of a resource for me) is greatly appreciated.  This will be corrected in the next update.

Absolutely! You may also want to check the sword of troll decapitation in Bernard's shop. There are a bunch of .sto files for the Copper Coronet and I see it in the inventory of the 5th version (BERNARD5.STO) but it isn't in his inventory in my game. I don't know if these .sto versions aren't used in game or maybe he just hasn't updated his inventory, but this is definitely after the slaver's quest and Hendak's takeover, so if you want that weapon to be available in his store from that point on I think it has to be in a different .sto file, though I could also be completely wrong! One other thing is Arbane's sword not being on Suni Seni anymore, but I believe that was already mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also just wanted to say this mod is fantastic. Very thoughtful placement of items and some fine choices. Really makes a lot of encounters more interesting with cool loot, but doesn't seem to have too much power creep. Thanks for your hard work.  

Guest Jeremias

This is minor stuff I noticed when I first checked. I'll add whatever else I observe, over time as I play through.

When installing this on BG1EE, I noticed Faerie Fire appears on both levels 1 and 2 in the priest spell-book. This does not happen in BG2EE however.

- Green Dragonscale Shield's "Venemous Breath" and "Holocaust" spell has a typo in description. 'Venemous' -> 'Venomous'. 

Any reference to "weilder" should be replaced with "wielder". This appears on several items' descriptions, CTRL-F the readme to get a list I guess. :D 

On 7/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, Guest Meltphace said:

Absolutely! You may also want to check the sword of troll decapitation in Bernard's shop. There are a bunch of .sto files for the Copper Coronet and I see it in the inventory of the 5th version (BERNARD5.STO) but it isn't in his inventory in my game. I don't know if these .sto versions aren't used in game or maybe he just hasn't updated his inventory, but this is definitely after the slaver's quest and Hendak's takeover, so if you want that weapon to be available in his store from that point on I think it has to be in a different .sto file, though I could also be completely wrong! One other thing is Arbane's sword not being on Suni Seni anymore, but I believe that was already mentioned earlier in the thread.

Also just wanted to say this mod is fantastic. Very thoughtful placement of items and some fine choices. Really makes a lot of encounters more interesting with cool loot, but doesn't seem to have too much power creep. Thanks for your hard work.  

Thank you very much for the feedback and the compliment, your experience with the mod is precisely what I was going for when I was making it.